Sign in to follow this  
janar737

9Dragons Has Landed!

Guest CNR9116

And also, is 9Dragons totally compatible with VHHH2005b scenery (avail. in AVSIM)?I've installed in this order:1. 9Dragons - Autogen (Lowest)2. 9Dragons - Landclass3. 9Dragons4. VHHH2005b (Highest)But after the installation, some gress surfaces have appeared on the sea around VHHH and VHHH is also shown incorrectly. Are there any mistakes in my installation? Thanks!Good Kai Tak landings,CNR9116

Guest DK8290

*LOST AND FOUND*Found - one pair of red and white stripped underwear. I must have snagged it off a clothes-line with my wingtip as I rounded the turn to runway 13!-----------------This scenery is without question one of the best packages made avilable for free or cost for fs2004 to date! An incredible amount of work and effort must have gone into this. We are all lucky that the vast mountain of patiance exists to complete this project for us.Thanks for all the work!!!-frame-rates are excellent. Although I no longer have any text displayed onscreen so can't see my framerates anymore (decided to keep it this way as it makes me also look at the guages instead of numbers from spot view), my flight was smooth and fluid.-Anyone with MyTraffic can 'dump the airports' from a menu at top of fs2004 screen and then open that in MyTraffic editor and adjust VHHX and re-compile your world traffic. I made mine a hub for Cathay Pacific and when I loaded it , there were tons of them LOL. Some were taxiing and once they start leaving and other carriers arriving, it will look a little better.

Don't worry, Clutch :)I'm hugely impressed that everybody is acting maturely over this issue! 8-)

Guest t_y_chan

Hi fellow simmers,I see that quite a few have already posted saying they have successfully installed the scenery. As good as the scenery is, please, PLEASE do take some time to read the Pilot's Guide cover to cover (not just for the installation instruction!). A lot of effort were poured into making it. You can't imagine how many hours Clutch spent gathering all the info & history of Kai Tak and organizing them into a coherent whole. It really is quite different from other scenery manuals. I guarantee you'll find as much gems & surprises in the manual as in the scenery. I'm sure you'll have new found appreciation on Kai Tak the Airport even more after reading it, and hopefully understand why we took a unique direction in making this scenery (especially concerning Chep Lap Kok).Again, all of us from the 9Dragons team are really glad that the project is finally out. We're even more pleased that the scenery is, ahem, quite well received by the community :) Let's hope that you all enjoy experiencing the legendary Kai Tak again and again. Eddie Chan

EddieI've only been able to download the guide so far, but no rush. It's obvious that this whole project has been a labour of love, the guide is a great read - really interesting. Please accept my sincere thanks for all the time and effort you have all put into this project. I'm sure that once I get the whole package installed I'll spend hours and hours flying into Kai Tak and that it'll help me pass the cold winter nights in Warsaw, Poland. Much appreciated!Best Regards to the whole team!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>Clutch,>Will VHXX FMC data for the LDS 767 be available along with the>scenery? At the moment if I enter VHXX in the FMC I get "NOT>IN DATABASE".Hi jgoggi,There is a solution but if you are not use to tweek file it would be difficult. First you should download the sid and star for the VHHX, from Marc Hohenleitner's in AVSIM (vhxx_176532.zip).rename the file VHXX.XML to VHHX.XML and place to FS9Level-D Simulation navdataNow on the same folder add the following line :VHHX 22.316959 114.202621to this file:airports.datAlso add the following two lines:Hong Kong VHHX31 10930316 22.304401 114.216064000.0031600000Hong Kong VHHX13 10930136 22.324850 114.193176000.0013600000to this file:WpNavAPT.txt You have to set the freq 111.90 ILS course 088 on the pedestalWe will soon release the procedure for leveld with Steve as soon we finish it.Hope that help.Fabrizio

Guest cypher

i just downloaded your scenery package and i must say it is amazing.best rendition of that area so far.but one thing strikes.when i load the scenery the runway seems to be floating at approximatly 408feet.So the runway texture is not placed on the ground like the rest of the scenery.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182853.jpgany clou y ???and is it still possible to use the VHHH scenery ??as i see VHHH has been replaced by a construction side.thx in advance

Did you have another scenery for that area such as Kaitak98? If so disable it and do not forget the mesh files that came with it!I installed this fantastic package following the (very detailed) instructions and everything works as adverstised. I suggest, in addition to what I mention above, that you review the installation step by step.Good luck!RegardsEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest Outer Marker

Just a quick question...In the readme file in part 1, the disclaimer states that "this is NOT freeware."Does this mean it is a time-limited demo, or that something will go blank after a certain amount of time?Thanks,-- Outer Marker

Guest t_y_chan

Outer Marker,The end credit correctly states that it is NOT freeware. It is not to be freely distributed. The reason being that Clutch do not want the package distributed by any other sites outside of avsim.com and flightsim.com without our permission.The scenery itself is not crippled or time-limited in any way.Eddie Chan

One thing I notice right off is you did not swap out the taxi_steel.bmp with our version. That's why some of you ground markings to the right of the plane are not yellow.So there may be a few other steps you did or did not do which is causing your "floating" runway?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Absolutely magnificent. Everyone in the 9Dragons team has obviously put their heart and soul into this..together with a lot of hard work...and it shows. Well done and thanks a million.Russell.

9Dragons, thank you all the Team for an ultimate adventure!I haven't been flying to Kai Tak for years and now that.Best regards,Rafal