Sign in to follow this  
pschlute

9 Dragons and CTD problems

Since installing 9 Dragons I am getting CTD at VHHX. The error message from windows says the problem is with UTIL.dll (in FS9 Modules)This happens on about 75% of flights. Sometimes when about 4 NM DME on the IGS. Always when trying to move to another airport (menu ...go to airport). And it will happen if I use the Ctrl-W keys to view other AI planes in the area.I have checked my install very carefully, and I have no other conflicting scenery. I have double checked for rogue AFCADs.I am running FS9 (9.1) with Active SKY and Ultimate Traffic. The CTD happens with default planes as well as addons. I have discovered if I turn traffic slider to 0 % traffic I DO NOT get the CTD !!I have FSUIPC in my modules folder. I also have AI Smooth in the modules folder although I do not use it with 9 Dragons. I saw another post where someone else was experiencing this. Does anyone have any clues why the traffic is causing the CTD ?My system is Dell Dimension 8400 with ATI Radeon X800XT video card, with the latest drivers.Appreciate any helpPeter

Peter Schluter

I installed 9Dragons scenery.If I start at KDTW and move (world, go to airport) to VHHX = OKIf I then try to go to another airport (KJFK eg.) the sim will not load KDTW, instead I get an error box, util.dll problem.Same thing happens if I just exit from while at VHHX. FS9 shuts down and then I get the error about 1 minute after it shuts down.I tried the fixes others had posted but no luck.Finally, I had to start fs9 / scenery menu and "uncheck" 9Dragons until I can find out what's up.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest Maxihard

I'm experiencing the same thing even with all traffic off, seems to be a fairly common problem and exiting fs9 by first ending the flight as suggested does not help.Anyone else seeing this? If so, please chime in so we can get this resolved.

It is my understanding (from a careful reading of other posts here) that the 9Dragons team is aware of this problem and is working on a remedy.I believe they think it may connected to their hardening of several surfaces near the airport so users can perch on them to watch traffic movement.Be patient - if it can be resolved I am sure the 9Dragon team will do so.

Hi guys, We are aware of the issue when switching to another airport from VHHX can cause a crash or error message. We are hard at work with a fix and testing it out.In the meantime, as a work around, if you place your aircraft some distance away from RWY13 and the passenger terminal (like on the South Apron area), and switch to another airport you probably will not encounter the issue.As far as the issue of an error message after FS9 closes, we believe that we disappear once our fix is applied. Again still working/testing it.I apologize for the inconvenience some of you are experiencing with this. We will issue an update as soon as we feel its ready.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

ClutchThanks for that reply. I didnt realise you were working on a fix, that is great news.There is no reason for you to apologise at all. You and your team have made the best scenery possible for FS9 at probably the best airport. That you have made it freely available is as outstanding as the scenery.You have my thanks for this.Peter

Peter Schluter

Hi Clutch,I hope you guys will be able to find what is causing this util.dll crash!Great job so far, Thanks!Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Guest simonmd

You'll all be pleased to hear that Clutch has given me a new file to test and this does seem to fix this issue. The Beta testers will be doing some more testing useing various senarios to ensure this is a permenant fix and let you know when it's ready.In the mean time, my advise is NOT to either quit FS9 or switch airport to/from VHHX from the running sim. Instead, select 'End Flight' and either quit or select your desired airport from the FS9 start screen.As for it happening in flight only with AI aircraft, i've not heard that before. I can only assume that as this is a scenery related issue, switching to an AI view or just having them load up when entering HK airspace is causing the same result. Either way, the new file should fix it.

Guest Maxihard

Glad to hear that! :-beerchug

Great news indeed!Any word from the beta testers as to how it is going?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest Empress

Hi guys!I installed this scenery yesterday and flew an approach using the Level D 767. After a "successful" approach I decided to use something a little more basic and manageable for circuits. Not too big, not too small, analog cockpit.. you know..I select my Vistaliners 727-200 with the Richard Probst (sp?) panel which has never let me down before. I click on "ok" in the aircraft selection box and *poof* complete CTD. I try again with Erick Cantu's 737-200 which was successfully merged with the Tinmouse panel. *poof* another CTD. I did some troubleshooting, I changed the panels around. The 737 works without a panel, and with the default 737 panel. So I know it's not the model. It's an issue with the panel, which hasn't been altered since I installed it eons ago. Both of these packages, (model and panel), have worked fine for me in the past, so why, as of yesterday they stopped working is a mystery.The only thing I changed on FS recently, was the addition of the 9Dragons scenery, which was yesterday, and now these two panels cease to function.I don't know what the connection is between this scenery and the panel, but something is conflicting somewhere, after this was installed.Is anyone else running planes with RP panels and this scenery? If so can you duplicate this problem?-s

Guest Empress

Edit: It doesn't like the HGJ DC-8 either, regardless of the location.

Guest simonmd

I cannot believe that any panel or panel gauge could be interfered with by any item of scenery. Does this do this when you're actually AT KaiTak or is this happening everytime you try to load the aircraft? Does it happen at another location for example?If it's happening all the time from the loading screen, regardless of what airport is selected, 9Dragons cannot be anything to do with it.What I would suggest you look at is common things like FSUIPC and also if the panels share any gauges. As they are freeware, i'd reccomend re-downloading and installing them again to be sure nothing is missing.

Guest Empress

I find it hard to believe as well. But the fact of the matter is, everything worked fine until I installed this package yesterday. Planes that I used regularly with no problems have suddenly stopped working, with the only change of any kind to my FS9 folder being the installation of this scenery. If this is a coincidence, it is of the highest caliber.