Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

FSNav - Replacement

Guest franksalot

After about 10 years I've started to think the unthinkable :) FSNAV has to go into retirement.I have FSBuild which is great for constructing Flight Plans, but does not have a Moving Map. So, does anyone know where I can get a Moving Map for Fs9? FSCommander has been suggested, but apart from being expensive, does compile FP's and has a Moving Map; in the words of an 'old' song "You can't have one without the other" :)Ken

>Hello>Curious, why does FSnav need to be retired ?Mine got to the point where the database would not rebuild anymore. Too many sceneries wouldn't compile and figuring them out was taking an eternity. I went to FSbuild, but no, no moving map. I learned to live without it, but recently picked up FS Destinations which has a pretty good map. I wouldn't buy that just for the map though. I'm still looking for a good general aviation flight planner. FSBuild is great, but designed for the heavies. It is overkill for GA, and also doesn't seem to have many smaller airports in the database.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

FSEarth... You can use Google Earth as your map even from a second machine :)-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I would second FS Earth. The module is very good value for money and Google Earth is free of course. There are separate modules for FS9 and FSX.I find it adds enormously to my FS flying knowing which city, town or village I'm flying over and it doubles as a useful airport map if you zoom in.Find out more here www.wideview.it/fsearth/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather