Sign in to follow this  
Forever777

IMAGINESIM KATL RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slewed from 27L's starting point all the way to the end and beyond, no disappearing textures. I've been mailing with another guy, Eric, and he has some disappearing night textures issue in some areas, he has shown me slewing coordinates, but I can't reproduce that either.I do have a mesh addon though and a max vertex level of 21.

Mike...

THanks MikeYour answer made me dig a little deeper. Swapping in and out so many FS2004 AFCAD's (for KATL) into my Addon Scenery folder I had to finally delete the Addon Scenery folder scenery.dat file and let FS9 rebuild it.One of the problems with FS is the scenery.dat files don't update and they end up holding old data. A delete and a rebuild fixed the problem. I now remember Reggie has posted on this problem in the past and cleans his Scenery.dat files every so often.

He's not the only one. And from personal experience I know that it makes a difference.> You have to be a little careful with AFX because when you open a stock airport it combines all the segments into one letter immediately (if memory serves me right) so a save causes the segments to be lost.It may have done this in past versions, but the current version doesn't appear to touch segmentation. I did some testing with the stock KJFK Afcad. I've also made some suggestions on the AFX Forum, but that's getting a little off topic.:-)

Mike...

I've been waiting for a payware KSTL for a long time. The fact that it is no longer a hub, that it does not currently handle international flights, is the fault of city hall idiots, and is not a relfection of the airport itself. A Lambert Int'l addon from Imaginesim would be beautiful!

Jim, private message me your email. I am having the same problem and I have an ATI card. Once you email me, I will send you an accurate description of what I am seeing. FWIW, I have let Imaginesim know about this and hopefully they can find a solution for it.

Eric 

Jim, I just saw this second post of yours on the subject. Now can you tell me exactly how to do what you did to fix it? I dont have the Imaginesim scenery in the Addon Scenery folder. I have all my Imaginesim scenery in FS9/Imaginesim/. Do I delete the dat file in the KATL folder or in the addonscenery folder? Sorry if I sound daft, just want to see if this works.

Eric 

Jim, you don't happen to have this fix for kdfw. 17c/35c doesn't get used. I have the FRF kdfw scenery. Of course the advantage with kdfw and katl, if I select 17c/35c for kdfw and 9R/27L I for landing I don't have any traffic to contend with. I get the runway all to my self. I do use aismooth. But it would be nice to have all the runways in use. I had to go in and do the diamond runway crossing so I could get planes to the gates.

John K

Nevermind. I tried it and it did not work. Let it rebuild the scenery dat file for the addon scenery and the one inside the KATL folder and still get it. Changed the vertex level from 19 to 20 and then to 21 all without luck. I think this is something with the scenery itself. I have nothing else in the area other than the FSG mesh. Hopefully Imaginesim can fix it.

Eric 

>Jim, you don't happen to have this fix for kdfw. 17c/35c>doesn't get used. I have the FRF kdfw scenery. Of course the>advantage with kdfw and katl, if I select 17c/35c for kdfw and>9R/27L I for landing I don't have any traffic to contend with.> I get the runway all to my self. I do use aismooth. But it>would be nice to have all the runways in use. I had to go in>and do the diamond runway crossing so I could get planes to>the gates.I have not done a KDFW but all 5 parallel runways can be opened at one time. When I get some breathing room I will take another look at it.

EricI moved their af2 AFCAD out of the ImageSim Scenery folder and placed it up into the Addon SceneryScenery folder. After working with different AFCAD's in and out of that folder the textures started disappeaing whenever I was around the west end of the airport working. I deleted the Addon Scenery folder scenery.dat file and let it rebuild on startup of FS9. My texture problem at that point went away and everything is working again.I am working rather fast on this one with a lot of file movement in and out to get it placed on AVSIM by this weekend. I am working on several Payware and Freeware projects for others but made this the priority.The 2 AFCAD's that Imagesim is using are corrupt. That may be your problem which a corrupt AFCAD can make different computers effect the graphics differently. You might want to wait until I release my non-corrupt AFCAD. Reggie explains corrupt AFCAD's in the following post. The Imagesim AFCAD's are corrupt in the area of apron lighting that should not even be in the AFCAD. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=45304&page=You can also try this1. remove the imagesim AFCAD from their scenery folder.2. start FS9 so it loads the stock root AP9.bgl airport with Imagesims scenery.3. shutdown FS9 and then delete the scenery.dat file in the addon sceneryscenery folder and the one in the imagesim scenery folder.4. restart fs9 so the 2 scenery.dats reinstall.5. shutdown FS9 and add back the Imagesim AFCAD to the addon sceneryscenery folder.6. start FS9 and go to Atlanta airport. Now look for any texture issues disappearing as you slew around toward the west end.Like I said, the AFCAD's that imagesim is using are corrupt in many areas. Reggie explains how a AFCAD can exceed the limits that FS9 uses when processing the airport bgl and the rounding that occurs. This rounding can affect elevations that make addon scenery appear to have a flatten problem which is the symptom some are seeing with Imagesim (including me). I am doing a brand new AFCAD that mirrors my approach code so no file corruption will exist. That is what's taking me so long to get these files up on AVSIM.

Very interesting read Jim. I too have the disappearing textures on the western side of the scenery. I offer my profound thanks to you for addressing this and eagerly await your updated AFCAD to rectify this problem. It is in fact the apron lighting that is disappearing on me as well. Many thanks again Jim!

Eric 

Jim,If you would not mind, can you email me your new AFCAD when its done. Sometimes the library managers dont get it up right away and I am so tired of these disappearing textures. Its efisher2 (at) cfl.rr.com Many thanks.

Eric 

Great info Jim. I bet they did the same thing at KEWR because I get the disappearing textures there too...-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest M1DG Jaxan

I was going to do STL but I dont mind stepping aside if they want to do it.

Jaxan;It looks like Imaginesim has decided not to do STL or PHL so please, please do STL. I have every one of your aiports installed, and we need a good STL.

Dave Paige