Sign in to follow this  
Forever777

IMAGINESIM KATL RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim I owe you a big apology! The scenery I'm using is yours. I downloaded it way back in 06 when you released it, I had since lost that system (Lightning strike), and for some reason when I restored my backup I didn't restore the PDF doc that went with it. So I had forgotten who designed it (You in this case -- Sorry!) I knew I downloaded it from AVSIM, so I looked in the FSX scenery section (Which I assumed this was, since included scenery objects.) and all I found was Dakota's scenery, which at that point I assumed it was. Turns out your package was in the AFCAD section, so I missed it. If I had broadened my search I would have found it, and avoided looking like a fool!!! So with egg on my face I deeply apologize. That doesn't change the fact (Thanks to your scenery) that I think this scenery now is detailed enough that this addon would be redundant for FSX, especially if we lose the FSX animated gates in the process. Again I apologize!!Tom

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

TomNo problem on my end. For the past week I have been upset on what Imagesim has done. I sent a e-mail just after the FS2004 release and they would not respond. Only after their no response and then they placed a Product Update using my same 7,900 lines of XML code I decided to go public and expose the pirating. It took a full 2 months day and night to delete and rewrite (almost 8000 lines) all the FSX XML Terminal Approach code based on all the new STAR arrivals and Transitions that were not in the default FSX. Certain parts of FSX SP2 XML are partially compatible with FS2004. My FS2004 KATL uses an enhanced code for the 10/28 runway. My FSX KATL code that Imagesim also extracted from my bgl's is the code I use to open all runways for arrival and departure at KATL. No one has been able to date write any code so all 5 parallels at KATL are active at the same time other then myself. I have also passed this same code to the FS (ACES) developers to see if FSXI can possibly use it for multiple parallel runway operations.Out of a total of 71,000 lines of XML code that I wrote in my bgl, Imagesim was only smart enough to copy the 7,900 lines of Terminal Approach code and probably could not find the rest of my code which opens all runways at the same time.I am not telling anyone not to buy KATL from Imagesim but the buyers need to be aware that when certain User and AI plane behavior starts to surface the reasons will be evident.Any reputable Payware or Freeware airport design Company would simply ask for my code rather then pirating the code through the use of decompilers that are not recognized by MicroSoft.

Well that cinches it for me, I'll be passing on this purchase! If I knew this a couple of months ago, I wouldn't have bought their KLGA scenery either!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

...well they will have freeware competition if they do ;-) Shezhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188768.jpg

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hello ShezI sent you an e-mail last month based on your request to look at and write some Terminal Approach code for one of your airports in the design stage. I never heard back from you or I might have accidently deleted your response. You are one of the few including Tom Gibson and FlyTampa that does it right and has others like myself write proper ILS /Transistion code for your Airport scenery's. Many to this day do not realize a new airport runway or a runway that has a number change will not work correctly if many lines of code is not added in raw XML. It appears buyers only see the visual and then rant about how good it looks. Looks is one thing. Making the airport work is another.

Interesting. I currently am having a problem with KATL from Imaginesim that I never got with any of there other sceneries. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Hmmm....

Eric 

"Looks is one thing. Making the airport work is another."I hear you Jim, I think I'll pass as well. p.s I've always wanted a Jim Vile LPMA Rwy 05 approach for AI ...but you seem to be very busy with FSX. :(

Last night I flew fron EDDF - KATL Vatsim online into a busy fully staffed Atlanta. It had to be one of my best flights in 10 years of simming.I own all the aerosoft flytampa etc this scenery is great in my opinion. I don't like the fact that they are using freeware code but I bought it before I read this thread. Anyway very good scenery.Rob

Rob Prest

Why for an FS9 airport, would they decide to pirate your FSX package? Why not pirate your FS9 package instead?! ;-DIn all seriousness, I am interested in how you got all five runways to accept arrivals in your FSX files. Am I correct in assuming this is not the case with the FS9 files? If not, would it even be possible to do the same in FS9? And are you at all willing to update your FS9 work with that crucial code. For users of any KATL.

Mike...

Woot Shez!You guys are working together on KPHL?

Hi Jim,Never received a reply so thought you may be busy with personal stuff. Must be the email filters at work.Need your help to sort out the approaches for my recently released KHOU scenery. Let's take this offline on [sheza5 at yahoo dot com].ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Yes!I am still working on two sceneries simultaneously with the release of KHOU out of the way. But am excited with KPHL because the collaboration with Ian Gibson should help in a quicker release and of course a better product.I am very keen to move work to FSX sceneries soon afterwards. Done nothing on FSX up to now. Lots of learning to be done.Shez

Shez Ansari

To see a great PHL done for FS9 will really make me happy. Glad you are doing it Shez the screen you posted is really nice. Shez check your PM

Check your private messages here on the forum...sent it via that way.

Eric