Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Want just a little more oomph from your PC?

>>Frankly, changing this setting buys you nothing.I don't know . . . when this discussion first took place several months ago in the other thread, it was just too big of a pain for what I considered minimal results - one more step in an already semi-complex preflight ritual. But with just a double click on an icon, I sure do perceive less blurries and micro-stutters, and whether that's the reality of the situation or not, perception is reality, so I'm sticking with this .bat file thing for a while longer.

Guest RonB49

I have made this work with FSE although it's not very elegant. If I minimize FSX, then Start my flight in FSE then it works fine. I must minimize FSX again when the FSE Client updates at the end of the flight. I can live with this because!!!!!This makes a tremendous difference for me. It has STOPPED the stutters that I have been experiencing while taxiing add-on planes with complex panels. I don't know if it has improved the frame rate because I don't have that display enabled. But the stutters were annoying and now they're gone.Thanks for reminding me of this option and getting me off the dime to try again to use it. It was worth the effort for me.R-

I have tried this setting before and noted that it made neglible difference to FS9, but worse it made external addons less responsive (especially to screen updates) by virtue of them now being lower priority than FS9. If you run single core and no addons then this net some FS9 gain, but any other configuration and you are better off leaving it alone.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest ThrottleUp

Appreciate the trouble simmers have taken to post instructions on how to use the .bat file for this.I dont want to sound like the proverbial wet blanket but I have tried this trick before (but not the clever .bat method - I used Task Manager) and didnt notice any difference in FS9 performance. However I did not have any CTDs or other issues either.FS9 ran happily on High Priority - but performance was the same as Normal. For those of you who HAVE noticed a jump in performance - well you guys are lucky! :)

Guest melf12

Well, I've tried this .bat method again, after coming to grief the first time. So I thought I'd try it again - but 'odd' things started to happen again, such as my Task Bar getting 'stuck' off screen. Also I find that Task Manager/Applications is empty except for fs9? Is this supposed to happen?How do I remove the .bat file? I tried deleting it, but still have the empty Task Manager - except the running application.Ken

Hi Ken.There is no need to remove the .Bat, it will not get executed / run unless you invoke it. If you do want to remove it, just go into your subdirectory / folder, should be in your ..fs9 directory, and do a "Shift / Del". It should not have any major side effects, other than if you run some other utility / application that needs a high priority, like a SpeechBudy etc. that also needs to get a normal priority. Unless you have something not quite right in your system.What setting a High priority does it basically sets aside time for the utility / program to complete major tasks without getting interrupted and after that it gives away to other programs. TV

Guest melf12

Thanks for your reply TV,I deleted the .bat file but it seems like the effects are still present. Last night night I ran FS2004 again, the Task Bar behaved normally. Also I parked my PSS B772LR at Heathrow (I'm using Aerosoft Mega Heathrow 2008 Scenery) and was amazed at how sharp the scenery was, and the colours were brighter as well.I've no idea what's going on here...but I like it :)I'll try a test flight today to see if there are any ill effects, and report back.Ken

Just FYI, I've been using the .bat file method that was posted by Ray Proudfoot earlier in this thread and I've been using it since June and FS9s performance has been absolutely remarkable. I won't fly without it now.I have no idea what's causing your other difficulties but if you're using any other method than the one posted by Ray and you still want to try this tweak, delete the one you're using and try the self made .bat file technique.

Ok since this is such a popular topic I have to ask. Doesn't anyone of you here use TrackIR? As far as I've tested setting FS priority anywhere higher than normal makes trackIR stop working properly (stuttering and choppy). And like someone else said here, with my system well tuned (full FSGS ritual) running FS at high priority does not yield any noticeable difference.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I sold y track ir on ebay when I discovered multi-monitors. My system is very well tuned and my latest post was made more in the vein of "if you run this tweak and are having problems with it" I don't think the simple fact that running FS9 at high priority via a .bat file should be doing any 'harm'".

Hi, Jason and everyone.ALL the applications / programs that Run along with FS9 will have to wait longer for their tasks to be executed. This Batch file Mostly / Only helps if you run the FS9 in a simple / single Mode if you will. There are other ways that you can prioritize / percentage wise, what you want to run, but it gets complicated and not worth getting into.By the same token you should be able to notice some improvement in ALL systems if you only run FS9. Try to look at Your percentage use frame rate, or Unlock your frame updates and do a benchmark check in a real heavy load location. TV

Hi:I just tried using my track IR using a digital aviation Cheyenne virtual cockpit and loading FS9 high. The cockpit essentially locked up completely. Even when I moved my head the view only changed after about 10-15 seconds.I guess if you don't plan to use the track IR on your aircraft (no VC), loading FS9 high may improve things but I have not tested it completely yet.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

>Hi:>>I just tried using my track IR using a digital aviation>Cheyenne virtual cockpit and loading FS9 high. The cockpit>essentially locked up completely. Even when I moved my head>the view only changed after about 10-15 seconds.>>I guess if you don't plan to use the track IR on your aircraft>(no VC), loading FS9 high may improve things but I have not>tested it completely yet.>>AirbusThis makes sense to me now that I think about it. The TrackIR software and what it is designed to do is resource intensive in it's own right as any type of panning software or view movement places additional strain on your system as texture rendering occurs.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>>Hi:>>>>I just tried using my track IR using a digital aviation>>Cheyenne virtual cockpit and loading FS9 high. The cockpit>>essentially locked up completely. Even when I moved my head>>the view only changed after about 10-15 seconds.>>>>I guess if you don't plan to use the track IR on your>aircraft>>(no VC), loading FS9 high may improve things but I have not>>tested it completely yet.>>>>Airbus>>>This makes sense to me now that I think about it. The TrackIR>software and what it is designed to do is resource intensive>in it's own right as any type of panning software or view>movement places additional strain on your system as texture>rendering occurs.Actually most of the processing takes place on the camera itself, so the software usally runs between 0-2 percent of system resources (the higher number in very populated areas)