Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Want just a little more oomph from your PC?

It does not matter how you name it as long as it has a bat extension.Read thru the whole thread for some additional ideas.

Hi All,I couldn't see any real differences using this file, but that is probably down to several reasons such as having a session with Michael Greenblatt, and having a FS Profile to boot into with anything un-necessary stopped, plus I did set the process to High in Kens FS Autostart.All this combined made a massive difference, total fluidity with all maxed to the right with add-on UK2000 Scenery and the DA Fokker 100.

Guest belga1

Hi,Well .. something weird here with this bat file...I make the bat as required and started F9 in high priority...All was fine .....and running as expected.Some hours after I started again FS9 from the bat and this time when in the game my joystick (X52 Pro)was no responsive (all the buttons were deaths ..but the axis were good) as some keyboard keys (ALT CTRL DEL) ...I go out FS9 and start it again .. but this time normally and all runned as expected.For be sure .. I rebooted my PC and try again start FS9 from the bat command and same weird thing ..joystick and some keyboard keys non responsives ..!It's any of the gurus there had idea why it's was good the first time I used the bat .. and now it's problems ??P4 3Ghz 1GB memmoryRegards.

Guest melf12

The .bat file is working well for me. I did have to use 'AboveNormal' though, a 'High' setting seemed to affect some Windows applications. My PC is not the fastest one you've ever seen! But along with getting rid of nHancer and using the Nvidia graphics card settings for AA and AF it seems to be working fine. Time will tell :)Ken

To belga1 - I have never had any of the problems you are having with the bat file. I have been using it for at least a couple of years now with no problem and my system specs are similar to yours -P4 3.4 2GB PC3200 mem. even though I started using the file from back when I had 1GB of memory. Then again I also use Enditall before starting flight sim in order to free up as much resources as possible.Maurice

Guest belga1

Hello,The weird thing .. is it's worked the first time I use it.Few hours after was the problem (when I try it again) and my configuration was exactly the same.The bat is not a problem file of course it's just a bat.For infos when my PC start I have 19 process running (Windows XP services) and my antivirus and firewall as programs.162 MB as memmory usage and a average of 0 - 2 % CPU usage.When I run FS I disable the realtime scan of my antivirus...I think so I have really a minimum running in background :)Regards.

Guest RonB49

Hi Dolph,I tried this some time back and ran into problems with add-on programs running slow when FS was given high priority. Because I'm now using FSX and not using those add-ons any longer, I decided to give it another shot.The same thing is happening again. Now I'm flying with FS Economy and when I set FSX to high priority, FSE just stopped responding. Then I set FSX above normal and FSE works but takes four or five time slices to paint the entire screen. I attempted to raise the priority of the FSE client but that icon on my desktop seems only to be a link. I access FSE via a cable MODEM so that shouldn't be a problem.Have your tried FSE while FS9 is high? Have you made it work? TIA.R-EDIT to add: I'm RonnieB on the FSE forums.

I'm using the .bat file with pause as suggested by Opa with FS9, setting to high priority, with remarkable results! No controller or button issues, and my addons are unaffected. Except of course my Newark International KEWR scenery -- but that's always dogged because of AI and KJFK and LaGuardia nearby. ;-)Perhaps the switch issues Belga is having have more to do with running the sim for a few hours and the CPU/resident memory gets gummed up after a time. That's happened to me, even with a dual core, after hours of flight.

Guest belga1

Hi,Your answers are greatly appreciated ... but...Open quotePerhaps the switch issues Belga is having have more to do with running the sim for a few hours and the CPU/resident memory gets gummed up after a time.End quoteI would also appreciate if peoples don't answer in a rush and take the time to read the messages.....enterely :) as :Open quoteI make the bat as required and started F9 in high priority...All was fine .....and running as expected.Some hours after I started again FS9 from the bat and this time when in the game my joystick (X52 Pro)was no responsive (all the buttons were deaths ..but the axis were good) as some keyboard keys (ALT CTRL DEL) ...I go out FS9 and start it again .. but this time normally and all runned as expected.For be sure .. I rebooted my PC and try again start FS9 from the bat command and same weird thing ..joystick and some keyboard keys non responsives ..!End quoteAs you see it's nothing to do with long running hours of FS9 ....Regards.

Well, I understand that I misunderstood your original post but your english was a little confusing to me and difficult to read.However, as you yourself pointed out, your button issues have nothing to do with the .bat file. Did you have a good connection between your yoke and computer? Also, I have sworn off Saitek yokes and joysticks for life -- they have always been very unreliable for me.

Guest belga1

Hello,Open quoteHowever, as you yourself pointed out, your button issues have nothing to do with the .bat file. Did you have a good connection between your yoke and computer? Also, I have sworn off Saitek yokes and joysticks for life -- they have always been very unreliable for meEnd quoteLOL ..my english must be very very poor .. I write .. when I don't use the BAT file all is good for my controller.So yes .. the BAT file in itself is not dangerous or harmfull .. but the usage of it give unexpected results on my side.The use of the BAT file introduce some problems with buttons and keys of the keyboard.I never ear or experienced the use of a BAT file was able to influence physically connectors or cables of periphericals .. :)But sure you will better understand in french :)LOL .. mon anglais doit

To put all of this discussion in perspective.............and perhaps bring it to an end..........If you start FS2004, and then call up the Task Manager and attempt to change the Priority of FS9.exe, you will get the warning seen in the attached jpg.So I conclude that no matter how you change the priority (a bat file or program or Task Manager) you do run the risks of instabilty which the warning message has stated.So far I have not experienced this but every machine is different.

Guest LeeWang

>you do run the risks of instabilty which the warning message has >stated.Frankly, changing this setting buys you nothing.If you wanna get more "oomph from your PC", install FS98 and fly that!Lee

Good one Lee!JimCYWG

I fly with FSE all the time and have not noticed any issues. The program is running right now and my plane is in flight in the background. There is no guarantees that it will work on all systems to put FS in high priority. I guess you found a glitch. I can't help except to say I use FS9, not FSX. ??? I am running Vista 32bit Home too. Dunno. Anybody?