Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Want just a little more oomph from your PC?

>Actually most of the processing takes place on the camera>itself, so the software usally runs between 0-2 percent of>system resources (the higher number in very populated areas)Hey, Vince! Then why would it matter either way whether TrackIR is in high priority or not? I can assure you TrackIR does far more than use 0-2% of system resources, if only because you are running the VC and constantly changing views, quite rapidly.Of course, if the company says that it only takes 2%, it MUST be true . . . :-lol

Since I started running from the .bat file my Task Manager opens exclusively in the Cpu monitoring page, with no other options, and will not close, except from the Task Bar.The only positive difference I saw was a shorter loading time.This mod appears to be hugely dependent on each users rig, and the state that it is in at the time (new install, clogged up, pc running empty, etc).I have removed the .bat from my FS9 directory and the shortcut to it, but even so I still don't have a properly working Task Manager.Bah!

Does it open at start up of your OS, or when you star FS9? XP or Vista?If at XP start up make sure taskmgr.exe didn't somehow get into your start up folder by accident and then try downloading and installing Mike Lin's Start Up Control Panel. Make sure the process taskmgr.exe is UNchecked under ALL of the tab's in Mike's software, which will install itself as an applet in Control Panel.Let us know what you find out. And if Mike's software helps you, don't be cheap -- pitch him a fiver, he's been around a long time and deserves it. ;-)

Hello AllI messed about with this high priority stuff some time ago and got CTDsAndyPS David (OPA)I did read your profile setting thingy and created a profile called FS9.I don't expect to see any real difference (no offence of course) in FS performance but doing all this stuff makes me feel good.PPS I never new about scan mode in AVSIM files pages.(been using AVSIM for years)Thanks to your suggestion I tried it and it makes wading through masses of files much quicker and easier.cheers Andy :(

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hello everyone.Setting priority to High will help, on some systems, but it will make your background tasks, like SpeechBuddy2, or others you may be using to run slower. Test before you commit. The newer systems should not need this. TV

Since I started running from the .bat file my Task Manager opens exclusively in the Cpu monitoring page, with no other options, and will not close, except from the Task Bar.
Hi,Double click the gray border of your Task Manager's "window" and you get the menu's back. Your Task Manager is now running in a "Small Footprint Mode".Rgds,Hugo