Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deltafan

Mesh Issues

Hey guys :)I'm having some problems with FS9 and FSGlobal 2008. Around many airports with FSG installed, I get issues like this:1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgI contacted FSG's support a week ago, but still no response. Does anybody know if there is a quick fix for this, or is the mesh just severely flawed and something I would have to live with?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There is no flaw with the mesh. It's how the sim handles higher resolution mesh products. For FS9 there's no real fix. You can delete the mesh or learn to accept certain airports will have these plateaus.

If you go to START/PROGRAMS/PILOT'S SOFTWARE/ to read Inside FSGlobal 2005 (.pdf) in section 8 you'll find some information. While talking about FSX, the reasoning applies to FS9 as well.

Is there any fix for this yet using FSGenesis' mesh? This just looks rediculous, and a lot of my airports look like this, too.

As far as I know, there is no way to fix it unless you uninstall the mesh. The Vegas one has always bugged me really bad. I wist there was a way I could remove just the mesh from the Vegas area. I am sure theer is a file that controls that area but I don't know what it is.

Jeff: While I was researching this problem (again) today, I read about a Las Vegas fix and it listed which files to delete. I'll post it as soon as I find it again.

Ah, crap. That link is NG. Do a search there for "plateau" and look about 4 or 6 down in the results you get. There's a thread there dealing exclusively with fixing the area around Las Vegas.

HiThe V2 series of FSGenesis FSX terrain mesh fixes those plateaus around 5000 or so public-use airports in the US. V2 Mexico is complete now, too. V2 Hawaii should be available next week, and V2 Alaska before the end of October. V2 Canada and the rest of the world before the end of the year.Lotta stuff to fix, but plugging away at it every day.http://www.fsgenesis.com-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Thanks Justin,I do have the FSX mesh but I gave up on FSX a long time ago.Wow, I must have been typing way too fast on my first post. I'm glad someone was able to decipher it.Chuck B.Thanks for the link in the forums. I think the link you are refering to was from the thread I started about 6 months. It looks like there have been a few updates since I forgot about my post.

>Thanks Justin,>>I do have the FSX mesh but I gave up on FSX a long time ago.>Same here, Justin. FSX is just . . . ugh.Any relief for FS2004? I'm thinking of uninstalling FSGenesis just because my airports just look so rediculous, even if it means "Rounded Rockies" and "Anemic Alps". I'm much more distracted by all those airport plateaus, methinks.

"I'm thinking of uninstalling FSGenesis just because my airports just look so rediculous, even if it means "Rounded Rockies" and "Anemic Alps". I'm much more distracted by all those airport plateaus, methinks."I did just that a long time ago. Mesh is great, and it makes everytjing "pop out" but I couldn't take the plateaus. I posted about this a couple years ago with your same concerns...and came to the same conclusion. Cheers,Scott