Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Interesting...i took a look at it today - seems a little too advanced for me....I'm not great with networking and internet and code etc.....I think a proper uninstaller would be nice too...but I think I got it figured out.I used the unload proxy driver thing in the start menu, then I deleted all the Areas in the scenery.cfg and tried to delete the World folder but FSX lashed out at me lol....So I don't think we can delete the World folder unless you manually deactivate one by one the scenery areas... (a lot of areas hehe)Which I didn't do....I was a moron and simply deleted them from the CFG file and didnt save a copy....now I don't have all the entries oohoohooh whatdo I do?Reinstall FSX?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest cbuchner1

No, the filter driver is compiled for 32 bits.I have no means to test any 64 bit Windows right now, although I *could* set a build target for this platform and see what happens. Probably bluescreen ;)Christian

Christian,Got it to work at a lower resolution but no matter it is amazing!Currently the load times are very long as the load filter seems to be loading all the tiles in advance before I can start in an area. The only other thing I see is that the tiles are lower res 256x256 only so the crispness is not there. Does the load filter keep loading until it gets better and better textures?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I am still having this message; even with my NOD32 antivirus disabled.It starts downloading some photos (I can see them in the cache folder) but after a while, tileproxy starts displaying this message all the time and FSX doesn't finish the load (it remains at 30%)Any advice?Thanks!Luis Fernandez (Spain)

AHS8553 Luis Fernandez KGMU

A 64bit version would be very welcome, but I understand there would be problems with Vista.George

The settings are on large. And the settings for textures is also high-end. Still it only loads 256x256 textures and the ground appears blurry although at high altitude it is great.The DOS window shell which shows the activity seems to indicate that the "Level 12" textures are being d/l and loaded but Level 11 and 10 are "Failed".Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest cbuchner1

That setting is detail radius I think, not "level of detail". Large detail radius only is visible from high altitude (think 20000ft or more). So this is good for jetliners - but TileProxy is no good for Jetliners in the current version.It means TileProxy has to load much more tiles before a flight commences and it generally slows things down when you move around. I don't have an English FSX version, so I would not know exactly how the sliders are labelled. Can anyone post a screenshot of that settings panel in the English version?Christian

Are you sure it is stopping? I thought the same when I first started using it-right now I am loading up Lugano at it has taken so far about 35 minutes. I thought it was frozen at first and now realize for some areas it just takes forever (but ends up being well worth it!).http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

I believe it tries to load level 11, then 10 and then finally succeeds at 9. That is why you don't get 1024x1024 but only 256x256 effective resolution.Are you sure the service has this area covered at high resolution? Have you ever tried this in the web browser on your preferred service?Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Jeez! 35 minutes! You guys are on 56k modems? ;-)

Guest Airbuzz

Hallo Christian,I have Visual Studio 2007 running on my x64 machine with the full Windows Driver Kit to compile some drivers myself from the 32bit world.I can either test your x64 file or help you to compile it here...Andre

Hi Christian... First off, thank you so much for producing such a wonderful FSX add-on! I was wondering if it would be possible for the user to have the option of submitting a flightplan to TileProxy in advance of taking off so that it could download all of the tiles in advance? I realize that this would cause a significant initial delay to taking off but would help with faster tile loading during flight. Any thoughts on this?Regards,Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Anyone manage to get clear scenery all the time? Mine is blurry most of the time here with the default lod 13 and lod in the sim set to medium or low. When it is clear it is amazing though. It would be great to clear up these blurries.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup