Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

The TileProxy project goes public in May.

Guest cbuchner1

I can compile a 64 bit version soon and send it to you for testing. But that will happen after the FS Show in Forli.

Guest cbuchner1

Future version will support flight plans. Via simconnect.dll I can obtain the flight plan's filename from FSX.The problem right now is that the network access modules and the entire tile API is not thread safe. If I load extra tiles at the same time as FSX does, this would likely result in a program crash.

Guest cbuchner1

Mine is clear at all times with the motor glider. Having 15 FPS locked all the time, with no autogen and scenery detail level set to low.I am pretty much flying with the default settings that the tileproxy installer makes and I am having good performance with this. That's why I made this the default settings in the first place.General performance tips: Defrag the partition with the tiles. Make sure no AntiVirus is running (disable manually). Fly with LOD detail radius set to minimumDual core enthusiasts can try the followingMaybe setting proxyuser.exe to Realtime priority and locking it to CPU #1 affinity would help. Then it might always respond quickly to tile requests.

A possible function for Tile Proxy is batch processing. That is, one of the difficulties is the ability to keep photo processing sync'd to the position of the aircraft. Failure to do so causes blurred lower res photos to be used. I would like to see the ability to position the aircraft in the center of an area of interest. Then have tile proxy begin its normal exercise of collecting photo tiles while the terrain loading is in progress. However, rather than collecting only hi-res photos for an area around the aircraft's position collect photos for the entire target area. Obviously, this would never work in real-time flight.I have created over 2gb of photo-tiles BGLs to cover the greater San Francisco area and they are impressive. I have airports done in .5 meter/pixels and you really do not need the synthetic FS airports. You can use the real thing. Issues stem from the collection of very hi-res photos which would not only take enormous amounts of time but many, many GB of data. Thus the user may specify a diameter around the airport where the aircraft is positioned to create very high resolution and default to say 2m or 5m/pixel elsewhere.An alternative is to make a copy of the associated Work Folder and use it as you would a normal scenery/texture set of files. However, unless you have overflown an area it will only exist at a low resolution.Since many do not use their computers during the night this would justify their expense by working while you sleep.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest christian

I get the same. I disabled my AV, but still the same error. Some tiles slip through and look amazing, others get either completely blocked or are in low res. I wonder if there are some other services that need to be disabled because they conflict with tileproxy.sys?!?Cheers,Christian

Guest christian

Ok, just ran end-it-all closed everything down that could be closed down - still problem persists. BTW, the google imagery does come trough sometimes, maybe about 30% (I can verify it's google because I tried the red centre of Australia and I do get the bright red textures from GE - just not very sharp in most places, because tileproxy fails to stream the data in due to the FileInternalInformation error).I also have a very fast broadband connection so speed is not an issue.I tried another region in NZ, and now I'm not just getting FileInternalInformation?, but it's giving me lots of 'fetching tiles XXX failed' errors and 'Transfer ## problem - giving up!' and the loading screen hangs at 50%. (Had the same problem yesterday at another region).It's quite frustrating as I can see how it SHOULD work and would look like if I didn't have this error.Is there anyway I can send you some debug info, Christian? I'm still suspecting tileproxy is conflicting with something else, but since it's not anything that can be closed with end-it-all (I definitely have no AV running anymore), it's kind of hard to track...Cheers,Christian

Have you tried a completely different part of the world?In my case-the local area I fly out of I seem to get similar errors but end up missing only a few tiles. Moving to other geographic areas it worked like a charm. Might be worth a try to see if you are experiencing the same.Try for instance Yosemite California-I had no trouble there.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest livai

Hi,This is a really cool freeware, thanks for your work :)Just a question, is it possible to hope that work too for FS9 with a specific version?CULivai

Can anyone resume what's going on on this thread so i dont have to read 100 posts? I dont log in for the last 12 hours and i find this crowded thread, so i think it must be important. But i'm not going through all these posts, so please someone resume what's going on. Is this important or is it another of those useless threads?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

AlvegaIt is a totally useless thread - you needn't waste your very important time to read it. of course, I suppose we underlings, whose time is much less important than yours could provide you with a resume of the contents of the thread - BUT I DONT THINK SO!!Barry

Giday thereYip what a great invention of software , really enjoying it.I have a idea that would maybe interesting to implementIt consists of using the manifold toolbar cache which saves the aerial imagery of known map servers in 256x256 tile jpgs as you browse an area of your choice in Internet explorerI am thinking you might go something like this1. Using the manifold toolbar search for a map of your choice. (it then saves those maps as 256x256 jpgs in its cache folder in C:Documents and SettingsProfileMy DocumentsManifoldToolbarCacheG??gleMapsSatelliteImage2v890242 Now that the area of your choice is cached the idea would be to somehow configure Tileproxy to see this directory as a virtual proxy and use that as its source for the sim3 The advantage of this is a sort of a pre cache and also it is throttling the area of interest to just what you allow depending on your zoom level in Internet explorer whilst using the manifold toolbarThe idea is adapted from how SBuilder for FSX uses The manifold toolbar in assisting develop scenery for FSXThose of you who use SBuilder for FSX should know what I mean as SBuilder setup configuration wants to know the location of the cachesSo I thought why not extend the idea to TileproxyJust thinking out ideasThanks for listeningCheersGreg

Guest KaelOost

>Well it's in the library and ready to go. Look under new>files.>>I will save you guys alot of tweaking - I haven't managed to>get Microsoft's Live / virtual earth settings working yet but>here are the settings for a well known US based search engine:>(copy onto the ProxyUser.ini file and delete all other info>for now)>>**** CORRECT THE OBVIOUS MISTAKES ****>>>[TileProxy]>lod_distance=1000>fast_mode=No>#source=Service Example 1>#source=Service Example 2>source=G??gle Earth >>>[G??gle Earth]>cache_folder=cache.service2>network_module=libnettile>module_config="server=http://kh.g??gle.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0>(compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR>2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)">max_lod=13>min_level=5>max_level=17>color_hack=No>color_level=0>bulk_extend=25 >>>So copy the above text into your ProxyUser.ini text file and>off ya go!! scenery takes 5-10 minutes to load just like the>commericial photo scenery. Happy flying!>>PS Please share a "modified sample" of the live / virtual>earth settings if you can because the images are much better>quality.>>I know it's only beta but this is very promising!>Do these settings work for you? I've also read on here that you need to add a * in line the http://kh.g??gle.com....... so it reads http://kh*.g??gle.com.......What about a * where the ? is in path=/kh? Seems to be very hit and miss, but otherwise a good idea for a program

Guest cbuchner1

That particular questionmark should stay where it is.I wonder why people keep pasting entire INI files around when the changed that actually have to be made are so subtle... ;)