Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Special Request for Airport Name Fix? How to?

Paul,For the fix, you must wait for the release of Microsoft's next version of Combat Simulator. In it, forces advance towards Baghdad, take over the airport, and the name automatically changes on all other Microsoft products. :)Hope the humor isn't offending. I'm almost sure either MS will have the new name in the next FS version or someone will soon release a BGL with the new name plus voice using a util like EditVoicePack. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I believe there is an international agency that registers airport names. I wonder if the new name is being accepted by that agency...Shermbtw, I kind of hoped the coalition would have kept the terminal name:Saddam Hussein International Terminal.It makes a rather appropriate acronym.sherm

Guest GiZBUG

Didn't know flight simmers flew in there.100% of my flying is done in the states =)

Can't AFCAD do the name change? I know you can add new airport entries using it, and I assume you can change the name as well.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I rolled out a C-130 there and did a little patttern work on33R. Had some American Pacific AI in my way LOL.Don't think AFCAD can change airport names. I took a stabat it using BGLAnalyze and SCDIS to disassemble the mideafd.bgl,and I could change the name and run it through SCASM, but bothof these disassembers strip the agent names off the radiofrequencies, so all you get is "ground" or "Tower". Of course,AFCAD can change the tower and ground agent names, so youcan get that working even if the AP name on the go to airportis the old one. You probably could use editvoicepak to changeORBS to say BAGHDAD INTL, but not sure on that.scott s..

Guest vas_yan

Hmmm,I wonder on what authority the Armed Forces changed the name...VassilisP.S. Scott you're correct on the editvoicepack.

>Hmmm,I wonder on what authority the Armed Forces changed the >name... >>Vassilis >>P.S. Scott you're correct on the editvoicepack. Moral Authority!!!!sherm

Paul Meyer - Morris, C09All I could say is,don't thrive on other people's misceryShri.

>Paul Meyer - Morris, C09 >>All I could say is,don't thrive on other people's miscery >>Shri. The United States of America does not "thrive on other people's miseery...(sic)". We are there to free the Iraqi people of a murderous tyrant and return the country's natural wealth to the people. We hope to bring responsible self government and democracyto a region which is sorely lacking in that political commodity.Sherm

It that case try not to be so insensitive the Iraqi people you and us for that matter are trying to free are dying.Just try to look at the world without your dammed flag over your eyes