Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Logbook Problem

I fly a Bellanca GA and I deleted all my flight records from my Logbook to start the time over. Now the time does not log in the book and the aircraft make and model, serial number does not appear in the logbook. My aircraft uses the computer time and date. Your help will be appreciated.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I fly a Bellanca GA and I deleted all my flight records from my Logbook to start the time over. Now the time does not log in the book and the aircraft make and model, serial number does not appear in the logbook. My aircraft uses the computer time and date. Your help will be appreciated.
I believe you probably have a corrupted log. Find and install 'fsxlogrecovery' to correct the errors.Also, two other log book tools I find well worth having are 'logbookedit', and fsxlogbook_detail'.

If none of the above works, send it to me and I'll fix it for you.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I just developed a problem with a corrupt log book, the last entry has some funky symbols for the plane flown and deleting the entry doesn't fix it... did a search and found this current topic. I looked for 'fsxlogrecovery' in the file section and couldn't find it. Did a google search and saw another post at FlightSim talking about it, but not the file. Any ideas on where I can get it, or Daveo, if you could be so kind to help me out? Would really appreciate it.Thanks!

I just developed a problem with a corrupt log book, the last entry has some funky symbols for the plane flown and deleting the entry doesn't fix it... did a search and found this current topic. I looked for 'fsxlogrecovery' in the file section and couldn't find it. Did a google search and saw another post at FlightSim talking about it, but not the file. Any ideas on where I can get it, or Daveo, if you could be so kind to help me out? Would really appreciate it.Thanks!
Do a simple search in the file library within FSX and below for the term logbook and you will find the aforementioned programs.If you have issues performaing a search here are the links:FSX Log book editor 0.2 FSX Logbook Recovery

The FSX logbook should NEVER, I repeat...NEVER, be edited in any way from within FSX.The logbook editing feature within FSX is seriously flawed and should be avoided.Lamont Clark ( lc0277 ) has a very good logbook editor. Also, there are others available as well as some logbook recovery utilities for those that "didn't get the word" and triedto edit their logbooks from within FSX.You MAY get lucky using the internal editor IF the records contain NO additional commentsor the record is the very LAST entry, but I wouldn't count on it!All one needs to do is search this forum or any other FSX forum for 'logbook problem'and you will see how prevalent the corruption problem is. The sad part is that it is aproblem with a basic function of any file system...determining the correct length valuefor a record. Whoever programmed the FSX editor must have missed class the daythey covered hexadecimal math.... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Do a simple search in the file library within FSX and below for the term logbook and you will find the aforementioned programs.If you have issues performaing a search here are the links:FSX Log book editor 0.2 FSX Logbook Recovery
Sarge, thanks for the post. I searched for "log book" and it didn't come up. As you say, "Logbook" brought it right up. Appreciate it!

Just wanted to chime in as I just used the Logbook Recovery program and it worked like a charm. Highly recommend!

Since you are not trying to save any previous information and just want to start with no records, I believe you can delete the logbook file and FS will create a new one when it detects the file is missing.

Since you are not trying to save any previous information and just want to start with no records, I believe you can delete the logbook file and FS will create a new one when it detects the file is missing.
I would like to thank all who responded and the good advice and solutions. I fixed it with the recovery system. I now have started a new logbook.RegardsLamar Wright

Regards

Lamar Wright