Sign in to follow this  
Jerel

Depiction Output Active stays on - Build 355

I download and installed the Beta Build 355 and noticed that the AI refresh is gone. It does not refresh the AI after the weather has loaded. I noticed the "Depiction Output Active" stays on. Usually when the weather is finished transmitting into FS that will go off. Any ideas? I am a WideFS user.

I download and installed the Beta Build 355 and noticed that the AI refresh is gone. It does not refresh the AI after the weather has loaded. I noticed the "Depiction Output Active" stays on. Usually when the weather is finished transmitting into FS that will go off. Any ideas? I am a WideFS user.
If I understood correctly, with SP1 AI refresh is now manual.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

If I understood correctly, with SP1 AI refresh is now manual.
Yes, it is definitely manual. You have to go to the reports page to do an AI refresh. This bug report regards the "depiction output active" lamp stays on and never goes off. Currently, FS has been running 40 minutes and it hasn't gone off. Doing some AI spotting at FACT to see how things are working before I fly.*** Interestingly, 3 minutes after I posted this I got a new weather injection and the "depiction output active" lamp went off. That was different.Also, how often does ASA grab new weather and inject (minutes) ? Is this configurable?Kind regards,Jerel

Hi,Server data is gathered at the top of each hour. You can adjust the download interval on the Options page.Thanks,

Hi,Server data is gathered at the top of each hour. You can adjust the download interval on the Options page.Thanks,
Actually, USUALLY its updated near the top of the hour (i.e. :55) but this depends on the airports and if CORR (corrected) information or fast changing/significant weather exists. So actually updates CAN occur more frequently. Our server fetches new data continuously, with an approximate 10 minute cycle time for any given station.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Please explain to me this Refresh AI thingy cause I never knew about it before. Are you saying that the sim won't sim any other aircraft unless I hit that Refresh button before I start my flight? Or do I need to do it after I start my flight and/or periodically during my flight?

Please explain to me this Refresh AI thingy cause I never knew about it before. Are you saying that the sim won't sim any other aircraft unless I hit that Refresh button before I start my flight? Or do I need to do it after I start my flight and/or periodically during my flight?
Hit Refresh AI once you have the sim loaded and Wx is depicted for proper AI take-off in line with Wx and runway. You don't need it again after that, just the one time.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi Joe,In order to have AI and ATC to use the correct runways, FS needs to be refreshed. Do this once after AS and FS are loaded.Thanks,

Do it before you ask ATC for Taxi clearance to the runway i.e. before you leave the terminal/stand etc.

Cheers, Andy.