Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

Validation issue?

I purchased the MD11 FS9 version last week and installed it without a problem.Been reading the manuals and learning this amazing aircraft. I flew the first tutorial flight and everything worked as expected.Today however when I load any of the MD11 versions or liveries my VC looks like this and I can

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Sometimes the MD-11 doesn't initialise properly, you must wait for the countdown in the green bar at the top of the page to reach zero and disappear before pressing any buttons or going into any of the menus in the flight simulator. Once the plane is damaged like this the only way to fix it is to exit and restart the simulator.You also cannot load another plane and then come back to the MD-11 in the same FS session, you must exit FS and reload before attempting to use the MD-11 again, I've found this to be the case even when changing between MD-11 liveries. Whether this has been remedied since the first update I don't know as I just don't do it to make sure I don't have problems.PS my comments are about the FSX version but I think the same holds true for the FS9 version too.

Cheers, Andy.

Try the MSFS Menu RESTART FLIGHT. This will trigger an init sequence without having to reselect flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for your help, Andy. I appreciate it. Now that you mention it, I noticed that the green bar with the countdown is missing.I always start my FS sessions with the default Cessna and only then choose another aircraft.I tried to restart FS several times even after rebooting my system but the problem does not go away!Thank you once again.Best regards,Hugo Bravo at LPPT

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Try the MSFS Menu RESTART FLIGHT. This will trigger an init sequence without having to reselect flight.
No Dan, the RESTART FLIGHT option from the menu does not trigger, in my case, the init sequence and does not solve the problem.Thank you for your input anyway.After further testing I discovered that this problem I

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Definitely try a reinstall then and turn off any anti virus software while you do the reinstall. If Vista is your OS make sure you run the installer with administrator rights by right clicking on the installer and selecting "run as administrator"Another way to be absolutely sure its not Vista causing a problem is to turn UAC off, this isn't recommended if you are not very computer savvy though, its safer to leave it on if this is the case.

Cheers, Andy.

I definitely turned off that **** UAC as soon as I found out I could.Be assured that the MD11F should have an initialization sequence, and does for at least a thousand other users.

Dan Downs KCRP

I definitely turned off that **** UAC as soon as I found out I could.Be assured that the MD11F should have an initialization sequence, and does for at least a thousand other users.
Pls, what is UAC??RGDS

If you don't know what it is then you probably shouldn't be turning it off. UAC stands for "User Access Control".

Cheers, Andy.

If you don't know what it is then you probably shouldn't be turning it off. UAC stands for "User Access Control".
Kind of a strange answer...may be I can learn it...Thanks

Nothing strange about it at all, the ramifications of turning off UAC should be fully understood before doing so, that's why I made the comment I did, think of it as a disclaimer. And I've just noticed its irrelevant for you anyway as you aren't even using Vista :( .

Cheers, Andy.

Thank you again for your help, Andy.I'll probably try a reinstall however I'm still running Windows XP so... no UAC for me! :( Best regards,Hugo Bravo at LPPT

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

You are welcome Hugo, just don't forget to disable any anti virus software during the process.

Cheers, Andy.

Hello again,Just to report I completely uninstalled my MD11 starting with the liveries, disabled AVG and reinstalled everything again.I am happy to report that after a quick check everything seems to be working as it should. :( Thank you again for the help.Best regards,Hugo Bravo at LPPT

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT