Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midnight Music

FSX Vista users UAC on or off?

As I am getting ready for my new machine to be delivered I would love some advice from FSX users running with Vista. I've read several pros and cons about having UAC on or off. What do you FSX users that run with Vista think? Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated.Lee

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As I am getting ready for my new machine to be delivered I would love some advice from FSX users running with Vista. I've read several pros and cons about having UAC on or off. What do you FSX users that run with Vista think? Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated.Lee
I'm running Vista with these changes:UAC off.Defender disabled.Aero off.Fancy Themes off.NOD32 anti virusO&O DefragMore on getting the most out of FSX over here: Nicks optimizing tips and tricks There are some tips for Vista in that thread.

I have UAC on, but I installed FSX outside of Program Files. Vista keeps a tigh rein on programs installed inside Progam Files.Jim

Vista64 here, I also have UAC and Windows Defender switched off and have suffered no problems because of it. I do use Nod32 and Ad-aware regularly.

I have UAC off and Defender off. I use Kaspersky Anti-virus and do a regular scan of my files. I've had no problems at all installing software, aircraft for FSX, etc.

Vista64 here with UAC off, but FSX installed on its own drive. Defender and other numerous services disabled as per Nick's suggestions in his tuning thread.

Vista 32, UAC off right now but only because I don't want to have to open everything as admin. FSX on a different drive. I've had Defender on and off and can't see any difference, so it is on. Avast AV , which I've had on and off also and can't see any difference, so it's on. When I had a less powerful rig I used to turn off all kinds of things, but now I don't have too. I don't need any cfg. tweaks either.Bob