Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Johnson

How to remove default AI traffic from FSX?

Hi folks,I've searched the forum and couldn't find any posts; so here's my question - I want to install World of AI traffic in FSX and would like to remove the default airline and GA traffic in FSX. Is it possible and how?Regards,Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi folks,I've searched the forum and couldn't find any posts; so here's my question - I want to install World of AI traffic in FSX and would like to remove the default airline and GA traffic in FSX. Is it possible and how?Regards,Bob
Yes, all you have to do is to rename or remove the appropriate .BGL file from <"Your FSX folder"/Scenery/World Scenery> folder. It has been so long since I removed mine that I have forgotten the exact name of the original AI traffic .BGL file but from memory it is pretty obvious.

Yes, all you have to do is to rename or remove the appropriate .BGL file from <"Your FSX folder"/Scenery/World Scenery> folder. It has been so long since I removed mine that I have forgotten the exact name of the original AI traffic .BGL file but from memory it is pretty obvious.
"TrafficAircraft.bgl"

As I understand it, WOAI plans are FS9 format and just adding them will nullify the stock traffic.Bob

As I understand it, WOAI plans are FS9 format and just adding them will nullify the stock traffic.Bob
I can confirm with him that WOAI disables the traffic automatically (because of TTools I think), no need to delete or rename files. Just use the included installer and select all the ZIP files you want to install. It's best to leave the PC alone while installing WOAI to avoid .NET runtime errors.

No, any FS9 formatted plan will disable FSX default traffic.

Everyone - Thanks for the responses.Bob L.
Be advised that using FS9 format traffic BGL's such as those from WOAI willalso affect your boat traffic.It is best to run ALL FS9 traffic BGL's through one of the availableFS9 to FSX conversion utilities.Then, to disable the default FSX traffic, simply rename the defaulttraffic BGL as someone up-thread indicated. Paul

Just go buy trafficX from JustFlight for 30 box its great, go fly, instead of messing with files.