Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Your favourite flight planning software

Vroute for me plus you get to find out what atc is online

I have FSBuild & FSCommander.Now ONLY use FSCommander. Very good and often tweaked.

No one uses Flitemap by Jeppesen??
How much does that end up costing per month? It's for real pilots, so I'd imagine it's a lot right?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I use RouteFinder to generate my plan and then copy and paste the route into FS Commander, from here it's just a simple save to PMDG format and it's available via the MD11's FMC. :(

Guest cliffie1931
I use FSBuild in spite of itself... but I use it primarily as a file converter to end up with both pln and rte formats. Otherwise, I prefer manual flight planning. Always have. When I plan the route I become acquainted with it at the same time. But then I like charts.
Dan where did you find the option to convert to either pln or rte formats?Cliff

Just to make sure here. I assume the route, broken down, is from ML to JCW via H66. Then JCW to BN via H185. Not sure what DCT at both ends mean though? Any idea anyone?

Keith Sandford.

Direct To.
Of course. Thanks alot, Aristoteles.I assume there is no sidstar data in that flight plan, then?

Keith Sandford.

There is not. Shame%20On%20You.gif But you can use your FMS to select the appropiate ones taking into account winds, departure and arrival runways and maybe those "Direct To" fixes.

Iñigo Bildarratz

How much does that end up costing per month? It's for real pilots, so I'd imagine it's a lot right?
Yeah I guess it's not cheap. I just thought for some reason it would have been mentioned along with the others. FOC seems interesting... gotta go check my bank funds :(

Rob Simmons

Hi Guys! Well I use vroute premium and then I export the flight plan in FSC8,works very nice!I've tried them all but now I'm happy with these two software.David DD

There is not. Shame%20On%20You.gif But you can use your FMS to select the appropiate ones taking into account winds, departure and arrival runways and maybe those "Direct To" fixes.
Thats where it all goes wrong for me. The problem being is not knowing which sid is appropriate for the direction you are heading.

Keith Sandford.

I use fsbuild. I usually build the plan myself, but lately I have just been going to flightaware as I am too lazy to build it. Its a good program but the SID/STAR function is crap in my opinion, but it gets the job done and I rely on the plane to fill in the gaps.