Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cliffie1931

Does FSNavigator work in FSX under Vista?

If I download FSNavigator will it work in FSX under Windows Vista?Cliff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately FSNav doesn't work at all with FSX
Thanks for clarifying that for me David.Cliff

Courseplanner 4.0 is the closest I've seen to FSNAV for FSX. The current beta has a lot of the old FSNAV features. The release version lacks many of the features as yet but is stable. It is one to keep an eye on. I've run it on Vista32 and XP64 with no problems.Perfectly usable as it is but it needs some polishing. The developer is working very hard to accomplish this. He has a roadmap of features that are planned and it appears quite extensive.www.myoddweb.comVic

Courseplanner 4.0 is the closest I've seen to FSNAV for FSX. The current beta has a lot of the old FSNAV features. The release version lacks many of the features as yet but is stable. It is one to keep an eye on. I've run it on Vista32 and XP64 with no problems.Perfectly usable as it is but it needs some polishing. The developer is working very hard to accomplish this. He has a roadmap of features that are planned and it appears quite extensive.www.myoddweb.comVic
Can it be used in fullscreen mode like FSNavigator? That's what really matters to me, and i'm not aware of any program that can do that. If FS Commander could, it would be the natural sucessor of FSNav.

From reading the description it's a standalone, so it seems to work the same as FSCommander.

Can it be used in fullscreen mode like FSNavigator? That's what really matters to me, and i'm not aware of any program that can do that. If FS Commander could, it would be the natural sucessor of FSNav.
I run FSCommander on a laptop thru WideFS. Works great and you can have your fullscreen too.

It's a standalone and du to FSX changes will not be visible in FS. However, there is talk of a module down the road that might be the answer. For now, it will run across a network so it can be run on a laptop while the main screen is in FS mode.

However, there is talk of a module down the road that might be the answer.
Thats very good news!