Sign in to follow this  
warfox

NGX

If you want a realistic throttle quadrant that works with the PMDG737/747, take a look at this website: http://www.flightsimulatorcenter.com/shop_....aspx?marca=FSCThey even offer a motorised version of the throttle.Maybe a bit pricy, but it works great with PMDG. As a matter of fact it should work with any aircraft (even a Cessna). I have this throttle quadrant and I'm satisfied with it.Also available at: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/737-tq-li...0&art=85339Jon

If you want a realistic throttle quadrant that works with the PMDG737/747, take a look at this website: http://www.flightsimulatorcenter.com/shop_....aspx?marca=FSCThey even offer a motorised version of the throttle.Maybe a bit pricy, but it works great with PMDG.
A bit pricy?! 2500 euro's for a throttle. I'll stick to my saitek throttles for the moment i think ;)

A bit pricy?! 2500 euro's for a throttle. I'll stick to my saitek throttles for the moment i think ;)
EUR. 2.500 is for the motorised version. You can get the "lite-version" for EUR. 1.200I don't think you can compare this throttle with a "regular joystick". They are both in a different price category. Any "advanced hardware" for FS doesn't come cheap.Jon

i agree with curt1, it couldn't take so longer until 2012, I think, i believe I hope that they would release NGX in 2009 or 2010...

Man I dont know if I could wait till 2012. Its bad enough now that I check the website now at least once a day to see if it has a release date. But to be honest im actually hoping it will be there to buy every time I click the NGX. I will buy it though because I miss flying my pmdg 737. I know the wait is hard but I know it will be awesome and well worth the money when it does come out. And im sure it will be just about flawless on release with out needing to many fixes if any. Im also hoping that it will be at or under the 100.00 U.S dollar amount.Robert

They are in the middle of developing another aircraft at the moment. The MD11 took several years to complete, while at the FANCON in Seattle I saw a preview of the MD11 and it looked like it was almost finished, in actuality it wasn't released for over a year after that. The NGX is being built from the ground up specifically for FSX and will not be released until they are happy with it (my guess would be no earlier than 2012). As with most developers they are not in the habit of predicting when their product will be released, nor will they make any formal announcements until they are satisfied they have a release candidate to market.Robert
If it is specifically FSX, than why do people state it will be there for FS9 too? Where did they get that information? Not saying you are wrong (I mean, the PMDG site says the same), just curious where they could have gotten that info.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1. It's a long ways off, we're working on it concurrently with the J41 but you guys know how long full airliner simulations take. Do not expect a release "soon" or anything like that. We do not anticipate a 4 or 5 year development time like the MD-11 was, but at the same time if you're expecting this to be out in a couple months or something, that's not happening.2. It will be for FSX and FS9 both, nothing has changed here.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

2. It will be for FSX and FS9 both, nothing has changed here.
Great !!One question though,...even if you are not able to answer.......Will the FS9 version be released first, or will it be the same as with the MD-11?.........just curious...... :(

Staffan

Guest disco87

So the NGX is going to be available for FS9? I thought it was only FSX.

So the NGX is going to be available for FS9? I thought it was only FSX.
1. It's a long ways off, we're working on it concurrently with the J41 but you guys know how long full airliner simulations take. Do not expect a release "soon" or anything like that. We do not anticipate a 4 or 5 year development time like the MD-11 was, but at the same time if you're expecting this to be out in a couple months or something, that's not happening.2. It will be for FSX and FS9 both, nothing has changed here.
Yes. It will be for both.RegardsRichie

Richie Walsh

Guest disco87

Just thought i'd double check. No need for me to upgrade to FSX now

Getting so tired of waiting I decided to build my own 737NG Simulator...So close too the real thing you wouldn't believe it.Happy to Beta Test the PMDG version when ready. dsc06756z.jpg

Chris Camp

Just thought i'd double check. No need for me to upgrade to FSX now
It has been well known from the very beginning when they first anounced the NGX, that it will be for both FS9 and FSX. :(

Staffan

It has been well known from the very beginning when they first anounced the NGX, that it will be for both FS9 and FSX. :(
I think they still have plenty of time to call it NG 2.0 or NGX. ( FS9 or FSX)Let's face it guys, majority of the payware buyers have switched to the FSX a long time ago, and PMDG aren't blown away with the sales of MD-11 for FS9 either. My opinion is by the time they release the next 737 NG, there won't be any discussion about FS9 vs. FSX. We'll all have to buy new hardware to run the FSX as smooth as FS9 and enjoy the quicker releases of the new PMDG planes as they won't be wasting time to develop the same plane for two different platforms..Bozhan