Sign in to follow this  
warfox

NGX

Since months I'm waiting for the NGX ( the 737 for fsx), but i get really impatient, does PMDG has any programmed date for the release, or an orientation(3 months, 1 year, ...)?? Thanks. :(

These NGX questions are coming in fast and furious, its going to be along while yet so don't hold your breathe

I knew the NGX would take some time so I decided to start a little project. It's not quite done yet but it has kept me from looking on the forum for release dates every 5 min....Throttle1.jpgThrottle2.jpgJustin

Justin Paull

OMG!!!!!! where in the world did you get that, and how much.

OMG!!!!!! where in the world did you get that, and how much.
It doesn't look like any of the off the shelf products that i have seen, and he does state that it's a little project that he started. I assume it's a home build.@ Justin - Wanna build me a 744 Throttle Quad? How much ? Big%20Grin.gifP

Looks really, really good, Justin. Can you tell us a little about it - how did you build it?

@ Ian - I started building this throttle quadrant after reading an article in a PC Pilot mag a few years ago. All in all I think the cost is around

Justin Paull

Very,very nice work Justin! I'm amazed at the great talents our community has! Please keep us updated with this great project Justin.Cheers!

Guest Mower

Outstanding work Justin! If only I had the time...

so, there isn't any idea of when is going the NGX releasedto Sharpedge: good work! awesome O.O

At that rate Justin you'll have it ready just in time for the NGX release lol. Just to add, looks brilliant as well.I think we are a loooooong way off that....John Ellison

so, there isn't any idea of when is going the NGX releasedto Sharpedge: good work! awesome O.O
They are in the middle of developing another aircraft at the moment. The MD11 took several years to complete, while at the FANCON in Seattle I saw a preview of the MD11 and it looked like it was almost finished, in actuality it wasn't released for over a year after that. The NGX is being built from the ground up specifically for FSX and will not be released until they are happy with it (my guess would be no earlier than 2012). As with most developers they are not in the habit of predicting when their product will be released, nor will they make any formal announcements until they are satisfied they have a release candidate to market.Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

They are in the middle of developing another aircraft at the moment. The MD11 took several years to complete, while at the FANCON in Seattle I saw a preview of the MD11 and it looked like it was almost finished, in actuality it wasn't released for over a year after that. The NGX is being built from the ground up specifically for FSX and will not be released until they are happy with it (my guess would be no earlier than 2012). As with most developers they are not in the habit of predicting when their product will be released, nor will they make any formal announcements until they are satisfied they have a release candidate to market.Robert
I would love to scoff at your remark saying 2012, that ridiculous!!!! But its very very possible. That would mean six years without a 737 (a good one) :

Well, based on what's been reported here by the developers, I would keep this in mind: There are separate teams working on the J41 and the 737NG. They want to release two airplanes per year. This is a business for them and you don't make money not selling something. So, I would expect the J41 in late July, no later than August based on their initial projection for May. I would then expect their target release date for the 737NG to be late Nov to early Dec 2009. That's when the big money is spent. I don't see them releasing into next year unless they have hit significant problems along the way. That's the way I see it. :( Curt

Well, based on what's been reported here by the developers, I would keep this in mind: There are separate teams working on the J41 and the 737NG. They want to release two airplanes per year. This is a business for them and you don't make money not selling something. So, I would expect the J41 in late July, no later than August based on their initial projection for May. I would then expect their target release date for the 737NG to be late Nov to early Dec 2009. That's when the big money is spent. I don't see them releasing into next year unless they have hit significant problems along the way. That's the way I see it. :( Curt
Well it really does not matter what time of year they release it, MSFS is such a niche market. I hope your right though, its funny my little hobbie has turned into a full out addiction, and the only cure is more PMDG!!!!!!!!! :)