Sign in to follow this  
Guest FxF3

Would you buy X-plane 9

Guest FxF3

When I was at walmarts today I saw X-plane 9 with tons of scenery 60 GB I think. My ? is would you buy X-plane if you already had FSX 9 and 10 I mean its dirt cheap just $29.99. I have never tried it except the demo. One last ? is it easy to run then FSX on an older computer mine is 2 years old since last upgrade. :( I will upgrade around fall but not untill then. Thanks for any info.

When I was at walmarts today I saw X-plane 9 with tons of scenery 60 GB I think. My ? is would you buy X-plane if you already had FSX 9 and 10 I mean its dirt cheap just $29.99. I have never tried it except the demo. One last ? is it easy to run then FSX on an older computer mine is 2 years old since last upgrade. :( I will upgrade around fall but not untill then. Thanks for any info.
Like FSX, it will run, but not with all options. My CPU is two years old too. I also bought mine at Walmart for $29.99. It's much the same as the demo, but with all the scenery. With the demo, you're just surrounded by water at most airports.L.Adamson

X-Plane is something that if you like the demo go for it, the demo has the ability to do everything the full can except it doesn't have all the scenery. You can even install addon aircraft in it and toy with the editing tools.

When I was at walmarts today I saw X-plane 9 with tons of scenery 60 GB I think. My ? is would you buy X-plane if you already had FSX 9 and 10 I mean its dirt cheap just $29.99. I have never tried it except the demo.
Yes buy it! It's a nice alternative to FSX and worth supporting IMO. I "fly" both FSX and XP 9.31.

Matthew S

X-Plane 9 is worth the price. Be sure to update it from the website and make sure you have good flight controls to enjoy it.

Keith Guillory

Guest AVN8tr

Yup.. when I'm flying IFR/ATP I tend to use my FSX PMDG/LDS.... when it comes to everything else... x-plane. The included F-22 and the F4 is worth the price alone at 30... I paid 50 with shipping to canada :)

Japan calling,I tried the demo - was very impressed - Runways that follow the contour of the landscape, great handling of aircraft, amazing graphics (especially the transition at horizon so realistic) - just that immersive feeling of the sim. Big thumbs up and the price is silly cheap. Purchasing was easy and delivery was 4 days from US to Japan. Running on a Macbook 2GHz its fine. The only thing that I miss from FSX is traffic.

X-Plane is continuously upgraded by the developers so as long as you have the original cd of the latest major release you can download the updates free of charge. I never use it long enough to discover significant problems, but I am always amazed that the updates contain such a large number of changes every time. Good luck!

Keith Guillory

X-Plane is continuously upgraded by the developers so as long as you have the original cd of the latest major release you can download the updates free of charge. I never use it long enough to discover significant problems, but I am always amazed that the updates contain such a large number of changes every time. Good luck!
I too thought I would try this X-Plane package from Wal-mart and I have yet to get it to load without some sort of error and if it does then it just will not run on my P-4 2.8 GHz machine. It is only 4 years old and still runs both FS 2004 and FSX great. In fact FSX now seems to run smoother than FS2004 after updating the ATI drivers to the last version (9.3.1) that ATI will support for my older ATI Radion 9800 Pro video card.Terry