Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

How MAny Fly With Full Fs2002 ATC

Guest A321

Hi all I was just wandering how many of you, actually fly with full FS2002 ATC. I do usually but Im fed up with it vectoring me away from My Perfectly Planed flight Made with FSBUILD then imported in to my A320 FMC. Obvisouly not using the ATC means I dont know what the active landing runway is, and sometimes I land when not cleared to or I land on the wrong runway. Does anybody have any Ideas to getround this, or at least make it better.Thanks...Jason

9 times out of 10 i fly on VATSIM for real ATCbut if i want a quick simple short flight in the default panel from FS i use FS ATC, its basic but it is still fun, but i have used it a dozen times at the most over the past 1 and abit years yrs since i have had the sim.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I fly VFR in the 172 VC using MS ATC all the time. Flying IFR with MS ATC is very unrealistic and ruins the fun for me. If I flew the heavies I would fly on line since most major airports are open with at least an APP controller. I cant wait to see how the new ATC works in hopes that it will allow for some fun while in the soup. It would really be a disappointment if the new ATC does provide seperation and sequencing to go with the new weather engine. Time will only tell.Kilstorm

Hi Jason,a workaround would be to cancel IFR as soon as ATC vector you away from your route (at this point they will also tell you to expect vectors for RWxx, so you'll know where to go). Then request flight following, fly your planned approach and contact the tower for landing clearance when in range.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest A321

>Hi Jason,>>a workaround would be to cancel IFR as soon as ATC vector you>away from your route (at this point they will also tell you to>expect vectors for RWxx, so you'll know where to go). Then>request flight following, fly your planned approach and>contact the tower for landing clearance when in range.>>Cheers,>>Gosta.>>>http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg> >Thanks for the Tip.This may sound silly but what exactly is flight following, I often select it, but i dont see what purpose it serves, so i dont bother with it. Is kind of like Full IFR ATC, will it give you vectors, or is ist just so ATC can track you? any help with this woul;d be great.ThanksJason..

Guest teetee

provides "conflict" alerts, and warns of other a/c. i fly the default 737[ us air] , only vc ['cept to configure switches]. can't seem to find a better vc cockpit. tried a couple of a319 and a320's but they looked "cartoony". the other a/c is posky's crj. it's got a great vc. i use fs's atc, haven't spent $ to try others. at this point its' prudent to wait for 2k4. tt

Guest A321

>If you use Activesky wxre as well using it's atis you will>have a good idea which Rwy's you will be arriving at.>>regards>>http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/10568.jpgI do Use Active Sky wxre, but Im unsure as to how to find out runway information, is it done by tuning to the special Active Sky wxre channel which i think is 122.00, if so, is that actuall weather for my destination or is it just for the local Area im currently in.

Guest nutmeat

You can also tune in the ATIS for the destination airport. Usually within 25 nm of the airport, this selection will appear in the ATC airport tower window selections, where you can also request a full stop landing. The active runway is given in the weather brief scrolling across the top of the screen as well as in the audio. I usually use COM2 to tune to the frequency and turn on the COM2 RX button.Hope this works for you...

I use it from time to time.Whenever I want to do a long-haul flight, I actually use Radar Contact because of the automated Co-Pilot feature and the fact that the instructions and the whole experience is more realistic.I like the fact that the MS default ATC keeps track of the traffic and instructs you around it, a well as it directs you to the active, but the main problems I have with the default ATC are:1. They like to run you into mountains2. No realistic separation for AI or between your aircraft and AI3. Too many go arounds as a result of point #24. Other minor things such as not being able to request different altitudes, emergency/alternate airports, vector around weather, and SID's and STARS among others. Based on some of the information I have read on FS2004's enhancements to the ATC engine, it seems like most of my issues might actually be resolved, hence, I might end up using it more in the future than I have ever had before.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I don't see the point of using FS2002 ATC, or any other ATC program for that matter, until it is 100 percent realistic. Given the current state of technology, hardware, etc., that is probably a long way off. I've tried FS2002 ATC and found the technology has a long way to go in its development. This is not a criticism, just my observation of things as they are at the moment - but it will come, one day.Your comments about being cleared to the wrong runway etc makes the point.David

Personally fly with Radar Contact; for me FS2002 ATC is not one of its better features being both illogical and irritating. Perhaps COF will do a better job, but that remains to be seen.

Just keep in mind when using ActiveSkyRE that the ATIS will report your current wind (winds aloft) when you tune into ATIS while inbound therefore the surface winds might be totally 180 degrees in the opposite direction. Suggestion is when using ActiveSky RE type in your destination airport when you start the prgroam and then tune into flight watch when about 40 miles out to see what the winds are doing. Flight watch wont tell you the active runway but will give you an idea as to what to expect. Having some kind of chart or knowledge as to the runway layout will help in figuring out what will be the active.As for Flight Following or FlightFlo it basically provides a way for ATC to see you on a radar scope from other VFR traffic. It is not always available in the real world and is based on controller workload. In real life once you receive flightflo the controller will have an idea as to what you are planning to do and where you are planning to do it and will provide advisories if any other traffic seems to conflict or get within a visable distance to you. FS flightflo is very basic and hopefully will be improved greatly in this area. Doubtful but fingers are crossed. Now with so many uncontrolled fields having traffic there could be as close to 3 times the amount of default traffic and when added with project AI or ultimate traffic flight flowwing as well as regular IFR flights might overload the controller and hopefully not all VFR traffic will request FlightFLo as well as the new ATC will deny Flight Following if it has a certain amount of IFR traffic. Also with the New ATC having the ability to not allow VFR departures into IMC (instrument meterological conditions) it will be intresting to see if VFR AI pilots get there IFR ticket while at the threshold awaiting being launched or if the a/c will go back to the gate or disappear into the Bermuda Triangle while still on the ground!!! One things for sure with this new weather engine theres a great chance that we can exspect more IFR time since we dont have paper thin clouds anymore opening up a whole new can of worms with all the new AI traffic.Kilstorm

Guest freequest

i do... hearing the fake radio chatter and those crappy learjet pilots not maintaining altitude cuts the bodum out of some long GA flights...

Guest teetee

before "starting" your flight, "go" to the destination airport, tune ATIS and see what the "action" is. or; go to weather.com/ see more maps/ current us weather, and check it out, or enter the destination city a get wind speed/dirrection. tt