Sign in to follow this  
1FLIGHTSIMFANATIC

Will the JS4100 ever make to FS9?

Will we be able to get the JS4100 for FS9 or is PMDG done with FS9 for future projects?Michael Pare.
That's a good question.I often wondered if PMDG will make any future products for FS9,or are they going strickly to FSX.I really would have like to see PMDG make a 757, 767, 777 for both FS9 and FSX.

The 737NG2 will be dual platform, Perry. Michael, there is no way the high fidelity VC would work in FS9. Good grief guys.

Dan Downs KCRP

The 737NG2 will be dual platform, Perry. Michael, there is no way the high fidelity VC would work in FS9. Good grief guys.
I'm not concerned about a high fidelity cockpit, just that PMDG keeps making aircraft for FS9 as it is alive and well, many in my flight sim group have went back to FS9 just for better performance, in many ways we believe that FS9 is actually better in that you don't need a high end computer to get decent performance out of it, and many have hundreds of dollars in add ons to just start over again.I am ecstatic that the new 737 will be on FS9 as wellas I am a big fan of the 737. I realize the differences between the 2 flight sim platforms, and I am so glad that PMDG rises to the challenge and doesn't abandon us FS9 pilots.Michael Pare.

Could you expand on how the 'high fidelity' VC wouldn't work in FS9?

Could you expand on how the 'high fidelity' VC wouldn't work in FS9?
The technology there are using does not work in fs9.

FS9 is limited with the amount of polygons that can be used. Looking at the screenshots I'm pretty the J41 is well over the that.

FS9 is limited with the amount of polygons that can be used. Looking at the screenshots I'm pretty the J41 is well over the that.
Not necessarily, the PMDG 747 for FSX has a ridiculously high polygon count, much higher than it should be even for FSX, yet there's no visual difference compared to the FS9 version. There's VCs in FS9 that look as good as the J41's and polygon count isn't everything when it comes to modelling a realistic VC. It's just a case of modelling it efficiently to ensure you have the lowest polygon count, it wouldn't surprise me if the J41 has less than 64,000 polygons to help with performance, and that's the FS9 limit.

The 3d gauges and needles I think would go over since FS9 aircraft generally have 2D ones.

It's more the texture resolution and animation capabilty that FSX gives us. The J41 cockpit has about 100 different things in it that flat out will not work in an FS9 VC.This series of aircraft, beginning with the J41 will not be for FS9. The NG2 is very likely our last FS9 product - we're going to be years down the road before whatever comes next after it happens - the CPUs will have caught up by then and will allow FS9 like performance in FSX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,sounds like a great plan to me.....I love it when you guys push the limits and blow us away. My only hope is some day you guys can bring us the next platform for FS...Cheers!Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

one quick question, is the dash going to be for FS9?
You have to be kidding. Didn't Ryan just directly answer that question two posts up? :( -kyle