Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

How is the CS 757?

I've been thinking about adding this bird to my FS9 since their 2.2 patch was release. I know for 10 euros I can just buy it and try. But there are two things I don't like about getting a plane that I don't end up being happy with. One is to figure out how to completely remove it. (yet I am obsessed with keeping my FS clean). And two is the tweaking if I decide to keep it, like what I did with the Carenado Arrow. I ended up completely redoing the CFG and AIR files.So for those who are flying the 757, please kindly offer some of your opinions, among which showstoppers are most appreciated.Thanks!

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Simply put, it's good. I thouroughly enjoy it and this 2.2 patch gets the rest of the blaring issues. Fun to hand fly, but the autopilot isn't quit of the highest quality (though it's very functional). It ofcourse looks very good.What kind of system ya' got?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Here's another BIG thumbs up for the CS757 - I can't believe I listened to the naysayers for over two years and denied myself this excellent A/C. It's well worth the money -- and they just came out with the long awaited v2.2.I also have (and love) the PSS 757 too.

I have had the CS757 and CS757F since V2 came along. As with everyone else frame rates have been a slight issue, but not severe like some have reported (very system dependent ). V2.2 may be easier on frame rates, but I can't say for sure because I've been tweaking a little. Model: unchanged, that I'm aware of, but that has always been great. The update fixes a bunch of reported annoyances and bugs as advertised and makes what I always thought was good even better. I like it and fly it often. Now,..... would I recommend it? Yes but only if you think your computer system can cope with the demands, and that depends largely on your system specs and what all else is installed in (FS9 I assume) your sim that will have to share resources with the CS757. So if you are comfortable with your sys specs I would say go for it.I hope my humble opinion helps some,Mel

A quick question for Trelane, if you please,I noticed in your post above that you said that you have both the CS757 and PSS757. Does that mean you have them both installed? The reason I ask is that came upon the info somewhere that one caused problems with the other. A gauge conflict or something although I don't remember for sure. I also have both AC but only the CS757 installed for that reason. I would be grateful if could expand on the subject a little and share your thoughts and issues if any.Thank you,Mel

I would also like to know from Trelane, how does it compare to the PSS one?

I, too, have both. The PSS is little more systems accurate as far as the FMC and autopilot go. The CS comes with the weather radar--it's great! The PSS also has wx radar, but the CS is better. I enjoy the CS more, and the PSS vc is heavy even on this pc (stutters). I swear there is a memory leak with the PSS software.If you have something more than 4 year old hardware, the CS 75' isn't a frame rate killer at all. I recommend it.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks guys! I will give it a go next week, when (if) I pass my single engine commercial checkride. :(

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

After v2.2 came out, I reinstalled the CS757; I hadn't flown it for ages and I didn't thik I'd go back to it ever. Because, I don't have a lot of time to fly a plane, and when I want to do a long flight, I usualy will have to stop in the middle and since the CS757 doesn't offer a way to save exact panel configurations, like the LDS767, I figured it wasn't of great use to me.But as I said, I reinstalled. And boy, I like it... I always liked it, just didn't think it eventually was of too much use for me. It flies wonderfully, ground handling is nice, the looks are top notch (gotta be one of the most beautiful FS9 planes out there). For 10 euros, you can probably hardly go wrong, and on mondern day systems, FPS with this plane shouldn't be too much of an issue, really...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

A quick question for Trelane, if you please,I noticed in your post above that you said that you have both the CS757 and PSS757. Does that mean you have them both installed? The reason I ask is that came upon the info somewhere that one caused problems with the other. A gauge conflict or something although I don't remember for sure. I also have both AC but only the CS757 installed for that reason. I would be grateful if could expand on the subject a little and share your thoughts and issues if any.Thank you,Mel
Yes, I have them both installed at the same time in FS9 and have no problems with either. The only real advantage the PSS has had FOR ME up to this point has been the fact that you didn't have to enter the flight plan manually into the FMC as you do with the Captain Sim, and not so on the PSS. With the new service pack just released by CS, I'm hoping that issue has now been resolved.Also, as far as frame rates are concerned with the CS757 I have very little complaint -- the detail of the model is so in depth that it demands a large amount of system resources and those kind of issues are what my box was built for.HTH.

Yes, I have them both installed at the same time in FS9 and have no problems with either. The only real advantage the PSS has had FOR ME up to this point has been the fact that you didn't have to enter the flight plan manually into the FMC as you do with the Captain Sim, and not so on the PSS. With the new service pack just released by CS, I'm hoping that issue has now been resolved.Also, as far as frame rates are concerned with the CS757 I have very little complaint -- the detail of the model is so in depth that it demands a large amount of system resources and those kind of issues are what my box was built for.HTH.
The update has fixed the flightplan loading for the FMC. You just have to go through the pages at a slow rate. I to have both planes but not installed at the same time. The PSS 757 is on my external hardrive and there was a fix for the dual gauge names (can't remember where). The update has really changed the plane for the better. Carl Perry

I will also add TWO BIG thumbs up for the CS757. Nothing but great flying. Though now I rarely fly it over the 737, 747, and 767 because it isn't used by ANA. Regardless of that it is a good buy.

Nice plane. but if you have PMDG 737 LEVELD 767 after these addons CS 757 its a toy like if you compare default fsx planes to addons. But still you can enjoy but its a toy

The update has fixed the flightplan loading for the FMC. You just have to go through the pages at a slow rate. I to have both planes but not installed at the same time. The PSS 757 is on my external hardrive and there was a fix for the dual gauge names (can't remember where). The update has really changed the plane for the better. Carl Perry
Carl, I reinstalled the CS757 after the 2.2 patch came out and loaded up an FS Build flight plan. The FMC still listed just the waypoints coordinates and not the names. I had to manually input the waypoints for the flightplan. Did I do something wrong that this happened? I never got a rsponse from the CS website.

NAX669.png

Carl, I reinstalled the CS757 after the 2.2 patch came out and loaded up an FS Build flight plan. The FMC still listed just the waypoints coordinates and not the names. I had to manually input the waypoints for the flightplan. Did I do something wrong that this happened? I never got a rsponse from the CS website.
I was talking about loading the flightplans from the saved FS menu. The FMC will not recognize some of the waypoints if you try to manually enter them but will down load all of the way points from the FS menu flight plan within the Sim. I am starting to use the FS9 flightplans more since it is quicker and easier just to choose them within several payware add-on FMC menu screens. They seem to recognize all waypoints from the FS9 flightplans.Carl Perry