Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigdbronco

woai traffic

Guest bigdbronco

Hi,This topic would probably be more appropriate in theWOAI forums, but after looking there, it doesnt seem like there is much traffic there. I was hoping to get a better response here.I recently upgraded my computer and bought fsX. Now I cant get the WOAI isntaller to install any traffic I downloaded. My questions are: does windows vista have the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 already installed? Second, when I tried to install it, it quit setup saying microsoft .net framework is not supported on a 64-bit system (I have no idea what that means)Also, assuming FSX is farily similar to FS9, I removed the trafficaircraft.bgl file. Should that stay intact, and if so, how do you get rid of the default aircraft?Many thanks!

saying microsoft .net framework is not supported on a 64-bit system (I have no idea what that means)Also, assuming FSX is farily similar to FS9, I removed the trafficaircraft.bgl file. Should that stay intact, and if so, how do you get rid of the default aircraft?
There is a 64 bit version of microsoft.net framework 2.0 available from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enYou will want to convert the WOAI packages to FSX if you want traffic to fly on the correct days. Also, the FSX traffic will not operate if the WOAI files are not converted (saving you the need to remove trafficaircraft.bgl). You don't want any GA traffic?

Art

Guest bigdbronco
There is a 64 bit version of microsoft.net framework 2.0 available from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enYou will want to convert the WOAI packages to FSX if you want traffic to fly on the correct days. Also, the FSX traffic will not operate if the WOAI files are not converted (saving you the need to remove trafficaircraft.bgl). You don't want any GA traffic?
Thank you art. I do want GA traffic too, but I was going to use WOAI's GA traffic. How do you convert the traffic to FSX? Hopefully its not a huge thing, I have over 300 flight plans to install. I thought all you would have to do is select FSX as your target in the WOAI installer?

Guest bigdbronco
AI Flight Planner will take care of your conversion problems. scott s. .
Thanks,When I try to install a package it give me an error message that says:Unhandled exeption has occured in your application. IF you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quite, it will closeAccess to path "C:\Program Files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X\Airplanes\WoA_AIA_738_W\model.no.refl" is deniedThe weird part is it says access is denied, and It says that with any file I try to load and I am doing this as the administrator?

I remember, too vaguely, a thread about this on the WOAI forum. Are you by any chance unzipping the WOAI download before trying to install? You should not. The installer runs the zipped file.If you post this on their forum, my experience is that the folks that run the show (Peter) will reply very quickly.Gary

Guest bigdbronco
I remember, too vaguely, a thread about this on the WOAI forum. Are you by any chance unzipping the WOAI download before trying to install? You should not. The installer runs the zipped file.If you post this on their forum, my experience is that the folks that run the show (Peter) will reply very quickly.Gary
Nope not unzipping. Thanks Gary, I'll try this post over there.

Guest Jim Burke
Thanks,When I try to install a package it give me an error message that says:Unhandled exeption has occured in your application. IF you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quite, it will closeAccess to path "C:\Program Files (x86)\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator X\Airplanes\WoA_AIA_738_W\model.no.refl" is deniedThe weird part is it says access is denied, and It says that with any file I try to load and I am doing this as the administrator?
I would get this error until I shut off UAC then everything worked fine. Now whenever I install a new WOAI file I shut off UAC, install, then turn it back on.

I would get this error until I shut off UAC then everything worked fine. Now whenever I install a new WOAI file I shut off UAC, install, then turn it back on.
UAC is indeed the cause for this error.When you shut down UAC it will install normally.UAC has a habit of being overly protective for your systemKind regards,Tom vd HorstWorld-of-AI

I do want GA traffic too, but I was going to use WOAI's GA traffic.
WOAI has GA traffic?

Art

I use straight up WOAI without conversion in FSX, but I would never know if they were running at the right time or not anyway. I recommend Ultimate GA and HTAI's Cessna package also. All of them are a great addition to add a little life to FSX.

Sure does - they are listed after the Airlines group - just continue to scroll down the list until you get to General Aviation.http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php
Thanks David. I was not aware of those packages. However, it appears that relying on WOAI GA traffic alone will leave you with no single engine props.

Art

Thanks David. I was not aware of those packages. However, it appears that relying on WOAI GA traffic alone will leave you with no single engine props.
You can also check out the Ultimate GA packages - now hosted here:http://www.ultimatega.com/library/category.php?id=1Not sure if any include single engine aircraft or not.

You can also check out the Ultimate GA packages - now hosted here:http://www.ultimatega.com/library/category.php?id=1Not sure if any include single engine aircraft or not.
Nope. None there. What I had to do is modifiy the % in all my WOAI flightplans (tedious) so that they will appear 50% with airline traffic set in FSX at 20% or 100% with airline traffic set at 21%. Default FSX airline traffic remains at 20-21%. The default GA traffic remains at whatever I set in FSX.

Art