Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

feelThere ERJ 145 release... soon?

Is there a list of changes/improvements in this version?
some of the general avionics additions:HUDWX radarSystem self test CAT IIDME holdCall! for the ERJv2and to the FMS:Alternate routeWhat if modeRadio autotuneFSX and FS9 native 100% new models (means all the ERJv1 repaints will not work).significant improvement in the look of the VC cockpit in both FS9 and FSXVC cabinpackage includes the ERJ 135LR, 145LR and 145XRsounds by TSSliveries by McPhat--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

liveries by McPhat--
And don't forget : Specular and Bump mapping for the FSX version!!

Thanks scoob sounds good :( I have the feelthere/wilco ejets and 737 they seem to work fine on windows 7 64bit but I havent had to much time on them.
Well, the feelThere/Wilco M.O. is to stand back and say: "sorry guy, 32-bit not supported." Then, any problem you may have, 64-bit or not, is attributed to your being out of spec. Believe me, I know... I've been there and bought the T-shirt.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

M.O. is to stand back and say: "sorry guy, 32-bit not supported."
when, on feelThere's or wilco's site (and, stated once again: the ERJv2 IS NOT A WIILCO PRODUCT) has it been said that the 64bit is supported for any feelThere developed product? has feelThere stated 'sure, it will work'? NO!! we are up-front and state that 64bit isn't tested to our satisfaction for the ERJv2 and for this reason you have a 64bit 'beware'.i have also posted on this, and many other forums, that 64bit isn't supported on the aircraft released over the past years.now ... we have demands for aircraft developed prior to win7 even being in alpha not working ... HOW could feelThere have access to win7 two, three, four, five and six years ago?i have stated, again and again, THE TRUTH! i see no problem with that ... or would you rather we make stuff up about the current testing situation?another example of 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'. :( --

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

when, on feelThere's or wilco's site (and, stated once again: the ERJv2 IS NOT A WIILCO PRODUCT) has it been said that the 64bit is supported for any feelThere developed product? has feelThere stated 'sure, it will work'? NO!! we are up-front and state that 64bit isn't tested to our satisfaction for the ERJv2 and for this reason you have a 64bit 'beware'.i have also posted on this, and many other forums, that 64bit isn't supported on the aircraft released over the past years.now ... we have demands for aircraft developed prior to win7 even being in alpha not working ... HOW could feelThere have access to win7 two, three, four, five and six years ago?i have stated, again and again, THE TRUTH! i see no problem with that ... or would you rather we make stuff up about the current testing situation?another example of 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'. :(
Hey, fair enough, if you want to exist behind the curve, that is your right. However, you can't wish away the effects of feelThere's association with Wilco and the attendant dysfunctional support relationship. Nonetheless, I am enthused that this is not a Wilco releaseGiven that the odds are remote that your developer is NOT using Visual Studio (for things like gauges and libraries to support systems modeling), the facilities for compiling any custom DLLs for a both a 32-bit and 64-bit OS are simple to use. At any rate, there is no reason that 32-bit software can't run side by side with a 64-bit OS; If this were not so, then there would be many unhappy users of FSX. Being a customer who has purchased the following products: 737 PICAirbus Vol 1 (Deluxe) and Vol 2CaravanCRJE-jetsERJTowerSimcetainly confers no rights to me beyond conveyance of said products, so I won't be churlish and explain how you are beholden to my wishes. However, my patronage certainly certainly gives me an informed perspective on the long-term support habits of feelThere, both with and without Wilco as dancing partner. I would put it to you that, on the strength of my sales alone, you have the resources to support a 64-bit test environment. Should you wish to take up donations towards this end, I'd be happy to throw into the kitty. Given all of this, the only conclusion I can venture is that the will to support 64-bit does not exist within your team.Good luck with the release, it looks promising. I await the day when the 64-bit fairy visits you.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

The list of airplanes I bought and don't fly is far larger than the one of airplanes I bought and fly.
Tim,I can relate to the collection concept. In fact I almost never fly anymore, just slew around fixing problems with scenery and parking. When I do fly it is mostly rotary-wing. My collection grows because of all the time waiting for the next best product with the most realistic sound and most complex systems. Then after the download and installation, the honeymoon ends. A lot of planes have come out lately that I got excited about but every time I reach for the credit card, I lose my appetite. I'm afraid that will happen again with the ERJ-145. I have the existing ERJ-145 and probably have never left the ground with it.

Keith Guillory

Guest Longyear

I sincerely hope that feelThere have/will offer the option to remove the virutal rear cabin in this model. When will developers learn? Give people the option and you will get less claims that the add-on is 'hard on frame rates' because those with i7s will find it fine, WITH the virtual cabin included, and those with lesser systems, will find frame rates fine, WITHOUT the virtual rear cabin enabled.Please offer this option. Sure a virutal cockpit is a given and I wouldn't fly an add-on without one these days, but as this is a flight simulation hobby (not a passenger simulation hobby), many simmers are simply not interested in giving up FPS for a flashy, high definition rear cabin."Give the customer the option, and you give them the option to be a loyal, long term, investing partner"Amen!Davido.

Tim,I can relate to the collection concept. In fact I almost never fly anymore, just slew around fixing problems with scenery and parking. When I do fly it is mostly rotary-wing. My collection grows because of all the time waiting for the next best product with the most realistic sound and most complex systems. Then after the download and installation, the honeymoon ends. A lot of planes have come out lately that I got excited about but every time I reach for the credit card, I lose my appetite. I'm afraid that will happen again with the ERJ-145. I have the existing ERJ-145 and probably have never left the ground with it.
I find I can handle three Boeings. I can cheat with the 757 / 767 and count them as one. So that leaves me room for the 747 (the 737-800 is the third). Beyond that, it becomes work. It is amazing what a different and enjoyable experience it is to fly an airplane you really know well is. If we're talking realism, I don't think airline pilots are constantly switching among airplanes and trying to fly ones they don't know very well.I did a poll on the temp site that was along the lines of "what percentage of the time do you spend in various aspects of the hobby?" I think flying was well behind things like tweaking my computer, reading forums, studying manuals, reinstalling stuff and other non-flying pursuits.I can think of several items I bought recently because of excited forum buzz. I knew they weren't really what I like to fly, but for whatever reason, I wound up with them. So now I own an undeniably excellent training jet I don't fly, likewise a nice propliner. I resisted when the new PMDG turboprop came out. Because I didn't think it would be good? No! I have no doubt it's great. But no matter how good it is, if turboprops are not your thing, it is a waste of money.I have been following this one for a while, though. It is undeniably beautiful, and if everything else is as good as it looks and there is a decent tutorial, I will consider it. I have always enjoyed feelThere/Wilco products in the past (on my 64 bit system no less) and have never found support to be an issue. I can't recall asking a single question that was not promptly answered by Scoob or someone else on the feelThere forums. I agree that between Wilco and feelThere, though, one felt like a small child whose parents are going through a divorce.I loved the Ejet, but it was just too different. I still think that is one of the hardest airplanes to learn how to operate that I ever bought.

I await the day when the 64-bit fairy visits you.
Probably a non-issue, but it would be nice if they would get rid of the "only 32-bit systems supported" statement.

I find I can handle three Boeings. I can cheat with the 757 / 767 and count them as one. So that leaves me room for the 747 (the 737-800 is the third). Beyond that, it becomes work. It is amazing what a different and enjoyable experience it is to fly an airplane you really know well is. If we're talking realism, I don't think airline pilots are constantly switching among airplanes and trying to fly ones they don't know very well.I did a poll on the temp site that was along the lines of "what percentage of the time do you spend in various aspects of the hobby?" I think flying was well behind things like tweaking my computer, reading forums, studying manuals, reinstalling stuff and other non-flying pursuits.I can think of several items I bought recently because of excited forum buzz. I knew they weren't really what I like to fly, but for whatever reason, I wound up with them. So now I own an undeniably excellent training jet I don't fly, likewise a nice propliner. I resisted when the new PMDG turboprop came out. Because I didn't think it would be good? No! I have no doubt it's great. But no matter how good it is, if turboprops are not your thing, it is a waste of money.
I agree with you on every account, but I honestly think that PMDG's J41 is entirely in a class of its own. It is not just another PMDG plane, it is much more that that. It is greatness encompassed in a 170MB download. I really mean that. I did several flights with it, and every single one was enjoyment from beginning to end. Why? Because you actually fly the thing. This is not a plane wher you takeoff and afterwards have to press the right buttons at the right time. You constantly monitor the gauges and look for faults and possible problems. You have to plan your descent too, because the J41 hates to slow down while descending and you might risk coming down fast and you'll have to do a go-around.Tim, if there is one plane I would recommend you now, it is PMDG's J41. Turboprop or not. (Out of curiosity, what don't you like about turboprop aircaft?)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case