Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

Long delays

I installed Windows 7 last week and then reinstalled all my FSX and goodies including RC4. Everything worked fantastically, much faster than on XP.Just in the last 2 days however, I have been experiencing long delays in RC4 reacting to commands and receiving replies. So much so, that it is possible to ask ground for clearance and leave the gate and be half way to the runway before getting clearance!(Naughty, I know). The delay can be up to 30 seconds.There is very little running in the background and I cannot think what is causing this. I run FDC Live cockpit at the same time and it has no problems at all.I have tried just running FSX and RC4 but it still has massive delays. I even reloaded it tonight but is hasn't helped.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

IanIf you're running ASA weather make sure that "Force High Priority Processes" is unchecked. I had the same issue in RC that you describe when that option was selected in ASA.Cheers,Brent

IanIf you're running ASA weather make sure that "Force High Priority Processes" is unchecked. I had the same issue in RC that you describe when that option was selected in ASA.Cheers,Brent
Not sure what ASA weather is! I just use FSX weather.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I installed Windows 7 last week and then reinstalled all my FSX and goodies including RC4. Everything worked fantastically, much faster than on XP.Just in the last 2 days however, I have been experiencing long delays in RC4 reacting to commands and receiving replies. So much so, that it is possible to ask ground for clearance and leave the gate and be half way to the runway before getting clearance!(Naughty, I know). The delay can be up to 30 seconds.There is very little running in the background and I cannot think what is causing this. I run FDC Live cockpit at the same time and it has no problems at all.I have tried just running FSX and RC4 but it still has massive delays. I even reloaded it tonight but is hasn't helped.
do you have the "display text" option set under the rc options? if so, uncheck it.if that doesn't help, make a log, and send it to me. instructions pinned to the top of the forum. i might be able to tell what's happening on your machine.jd

With your reinstall make sure sure your FSUIPC (and makerwys.exe) is up to date, links at the forum top.In RC options make sure display text is not checked. If RC installed advdisp.dll in your modules folder rename the extension to .xxx to disable it. In other option Interact with AI should be checked, AI chatter should be checked, and preferably Pre-Recorded Chatter unchecked.The two longest audio assembly announcements requiring intensive disk activity are ATIS or other weather and Clearance Delivery (and ack) so any extra Win 7 disk activity could slow these down. If Win 7 out of the box adds security screening to each disk access this would also slow it down.Being an XP user I don't know the Win 7 or Vista particulars but MS in its first operating system releases adds more security background processes each time.Make sure you are running RC4.3.3845 or later which improved audio processing. Post here if you need an upgrade link.

With your reinstall make sure sure your FSUIPC (and makerwys.exe) is up to date, links at the forum top.In RC options make sure display text is not checked. If RC installed advdisp.dll in your modules folder rename the extension to .xxx to disable it. In other option Interact with AI should be checked, AI chatter should be checked, and preferably Pre-Recorded Chatter unchecked.The two longest audio assembly announcements requiring intensive disk activity are ATIS or other weather and Clearance Delivery (and ack) so any extra Win 7 disk activity could slow these down. If Win 7 out of the box adds security screening to each disk access this would also slow it down.Being an XP user I don't know the Win 7 or Vista particulars but MS in its first operating system releases adds more security background processes each time.Make sure you are running RC4.3.3845 or later which improved audio processing. Post here if you need an upgrade link.
Thanks for your help.My RC4 settings were all correct and I did have the latest version.The problem seems to have been with a corrupted FSUIPC, I downloaded the latest version which was one higher than I had. This with Makerwys update has restored everything back to where it was: working perfectly.Thanks again.

Thanks for your help.My RC4 settings were all correct and I did have the latest version.The problem seems to have been with a corrupted FSUIPC, I downloaded the latest version which was one higher than I had. This with Makerwys update has restored everything back to where it was: working perfectly.Thanks again.
just curious, what version of fsuipc did you have, prior to upgrading?

just curious, what version of fsuipc did you have, prior to upgrading?
I had 4.5.2. now have 4.5.3.