Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

GEX Europe

Guest Nick_N
WOW, that's a great news.So does that mean the US will get the night texture treatment?
Not right away.. nights for the entire North America product would ba a major re-write change but we are going to address the rural lighting discussed in our forum for North America in the next patch and it will also address all the FSX road night lighting too for those who do not have GEX Europe installed. GEX Europe implemented those changes for both default and UTX world-wide as well as the tree fix. We will add those to the NA product as well in the 1.09 patch

No performance loss compared to the default textures.I even have the feeling that framerates are more constant now.The nightlighting does not cost any framerates at all !

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I purchased yesterday, GEXEurope and UTXEurope (upgraded to v1.3)I'm flying over central Germany right now...and I can only add my 'WOW FACTOR' comments to the growing pool. Did I mention; er.... WOW?!? I might use the patch for the airport pads, to soften them up, but other than that...Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaah:)Back to anticipating Oktoberfest Sausage, great German beer...all waiting after I land...Post Edit: Just had to come back here to say that the forest's 3D effect viewed from 6,000 ft is absolutely believable, as well as pretty much the other field textures. Most impressive, Nick and Anthony.Mitch'er

Guest Nick_N

GEX Europe v1.01 is now live on the server and can be obtained from the GEX Europe Interface.Specific information about the patch can be found at the GEX forum , top of the list.To those who are celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving .. and even if you are not, have a safe and happy weekend!and thank you all for the wonderful comments!

GEX Europe v1.01 is now live on the server and can be obtained from the GEX Europe Interface.Specific information about the patch can be found at the GEX forum , top of the list.To those who are celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving .. and even if you are not, have a safe and happy weekend!and thank you all for the wonderful comments!
---------------------------------------------------------------------Nick, I downloaded and applied the patch...and THAT'S THE TICKET! The airport grounds now look GREAT...and I can't get my butt out of Germany, let alone the rest of Europe~! The mountains, are simply top-notch! I love what you have done with the snow textures. They actually do 'glisten'...when the sun hits them a certain way. Nick and Anthony...UTX Europe combined with GEX Europe is an absolute HOME RUN all the way! I had never really had an interest flying in FSX Europe...but that sentiment IS IN THE PAST with these two scenery additions!!!! :) I am having a ball! Again,...great product...and money VERY WELL INVESTED! :)Cheers, Mitch

Guest mlg33

Anyone noticed that the airport pad in USA have changer too ?(Grass instead of desert sand for exemple ?)thanks.

Guest Nick_N
Anyone noticed that the airport pad in USA have changer too ?(Grass instead of desert sand for exemple ?)thanks.
That is an issue that goes back to the USA product which we changed the pads. In order to get rid of desert airport pads in northern (or greener) areas of the world it required some fudging of the pads because Aces did not assign enough variations in airport pads to FSX and used the same pad over and overWe are going to revisit the pads again next year and try to rework the pad that shares between the green and desert areas The main problem is the call for the pads at at airports in the sim.. the landclass at these desert airports should not be calling the 2 short grass textures down south

Guest ThrottleUp

I just bought this the other night and Im very happy with it. I already have GEX and so was able to use the discount coupon too ( WOOT!). Excllent work to the GEX Europe team Ok Im off to scuttle around in the Baron! :(

Guest UlfB
I use Ultimate Terrain and GEX at the same time. Its AMAZING!Make sure you install UT FIRST tho!
Why do you need to install UTX Europe first?If you do it the other way around you would only need to start GEX interface after installing UTX Europe, Click "Select all" and then "Install selected options". No problem as I see it.

Guest Nick_N
Why do you need to install UTX Europe first?If you do it the other way around you would only need to start GEX interface after installing UTX Europe, Click "Select all" and then "Install selected options". No problem as I see it.
This is correctAlthough, just for simplicity, I do sometimes advise if you intend to install UTX and GEX Europe just go ahead and install UTX and patch it correctly first.. then install GEXThat does not mean its "required'The GEX Europe interface will AUTOMATICALLY sense a UTX Europe installation when it is run and request the user backup the UTX files we upgrade. It will also tell you if you do not have UTX Europe installed if you try to install the UTX upgrade optionSo there is no need to have UTX installed, nor do you need to install UTX first .. GEX will work just fine with or without UTX and will find a new UTX install automatically when the user runs the GEX Europe interface and by user command will update UTX with the GEX changesGEX works with default FSX, or, with any of the popular landclass productsLandclass is what defines to FSX the land use type and calls the textures based on that. The default landclass in FSX is not well designed and as a better defined landclass is added the textue use changes to reflect a better representation of the area the textures and landclass cover.

Guest Nick_N
Always like your work Nick, this time the screen shots being posted look somewhat unusual?Maybe in flight things look better as many seem to like the new approach.But the still screen shots seem over sharpened, unnatural , not sure how to explain.Just wondering?Example:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...p;postcount=107
JACK, CAPSLOCK IS STUCK ON THIS POCKET PC. I CAN COPY/PASTE IN NORMAL FONT BUT NOT TYPE,.. SO EXCUSE THE CAPSREAD THE ENTIRE PAGE http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...6256&page=6READ THIS http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...p;postcount=113WE HAVE CLEARLY STATED THIS IS A NEW APPROACH IN TEXTURE DESIGN AND THERE IS A REASON FOR THE COMMENTS THAT STATE IN-SIM MUST BE EXPERIENCED. SCREENSHOTS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE USER TAKES WITH ZOOM LEVEL AND OTHER FACTORS. THESE TEXTURES ARE MADE TO DO THINGS IN-SIM THAT SCREENSHOTS MAY NOT CAPTURE AND DEPENDING ON THE USER, MAY NOT APPEAR LIKE IT DOES IN-SIM. THEY DO NOT LOOK OVERSHARPEND IN THE RENDERWE DESIGNED THE TEXTURES TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE RENDER ENGINE.. WE KNEW WHEN WE WENT THIS DIRECTION IT WOULD REQUIRE SEEING IN-RENDER WITH MOTION APPLIED TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE FROM TYPICAL TEXTURE DESIGN.AGAIN.. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS