Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

GEX Europe

Its out now
Wonderful news! Downloading now.

Guest Nick_N

PLEASEDont forget to DEFRAG.. you just installed a very LARGE amount of files ! :(

Sounds to me like Nick will have more time on his hands now to visit Avsim forums more frequently! :(I'll be buying this of course sometime this weekend.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

PLEASEDont forget to DEFRAG.. you just installed a very LARGE amount of files ! :(
Defragging overnight :-) - just HAD to do a first flight (Slovenia to Italy). Great product, Nick - first impressions are very positive.BTW - O&ODefrag 12 reports 1.51% defrag level and 1.850 files defragged, so it's not THAT bad...

Guest Nick_N
Defragging overnight :-) - just HAD to do a first flight (Slovenia to Italy). Great product, Nick - first impressions are very positive.BTW - O&ODefrag 12 reports 1.51% defrag level and 1.850 files defragged, so it's not THAT bad...
its not the volume but the specific files being called.. just about every texture and autogen file you are flying is fragmented from the install even if the overall number of them in compare the sim install may be lowGlad you enjoyed your flight!

Guest Jon_Mitchell

Trying to plan my forthcoming (first) FSX installation - is this worth getting instead of UTX Europe?

Guest Nick_N
Trying to plan my forthcoming (first) FSX installation - is this worth getting instead of UTX Europe?
UTX and GEX work together.. Each perform a different function there is a thread in the GEX forums that explains what we did to upgrade UTX Europe which includes night road lighting (we did the same with the default too)

Guest Jon_Mitchell

Ah, got it - cheers Nick. There goes another

Guest Nick_N
Ah, got it - cheers Nick. There goes another

Well I just had a quickie before Defragging and wow! you guys really have outdone yourselves this time! Flew from Glasgow to Bristol in the Kodiak and England really comes alive! the field textures are stunning and NO noticeable FPS hit :( Thanks again!

This is outstanding work guys, simply beautiful. I hope you will consider doing South America next, after a break of course :(

What a great product!!!The textures are really nice even from 500feet above ground.Thanks for your work.Patric