Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Door wont open

Bernt-Are you using DVA ACARS? I have not heard of the door problem happening to anyone who wasnt.
Regret to say I do not. The PMDG JS41 is coded to close the cabin door when enginge_start is initiated. That is why I wonder if within the panel state something fails to reset when you shut the engines down, and this prohibits the door from opening. Just a guess.That would explain the propwash behind the AC after shutdown as well...-Bernt :(

I'll echo Nick, I've been watching this thread looking for someone to discover the problem. Hopefully it will be reported when found.
II am a new J41 owner and have a similar issue. I have my plane on the ground (at the ramp) with engines stopped. With the ramp manager I can enable the GPU visual (it becomes green) but most of the times I cannot get any (or most) of the others to become enabled. They are red, I click on them and they don't change to green. Very annoying problem :(In one ocassion if I remember correctly I couldn't open any doors (just get the GPU) and something like 10 minutes later it suddenly worked. Yet I have this problem every time I am on the ground.

Hi all,I'm not using DVA ACARS and I am having the stuck door problem. (Vista 64, ATI 4850 FWIW)

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Hi, after some testing I've discovered that the pax door wont open when the JS41 is parked at or nearby the fuel ramp in FSX. Anyone else tried this?Best regardsBernt Johansen

Hi, after some testing I've discovered that the pax door wont open when the JS41 is parked at or nearby the fuel ramp in FSX. Anyone else tried this?Best regardsBernt Johansen
Hi Brent,It's not the JS41, it's any aircraft. The funny thing is I just saw this for the first time a couple days ago in a C182. Kinda glad someone else seen this since I thought is was due to a different addon and FSP was suspect til now. Maybe it's hard coded that way in FSX as some type of safety precaution? Haha. I went into the fuel area with the Cessna then moved out of it and the door still wouldn't open. I had to restart FSX.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I had this problem as well. I'm using ACARS and the Jetstream 41 and got the stuck door problem.Fortunately, I had saved my original JS41 aircraft.cfg file. When I reverted, the door opens.I diffed the file and found a strange new block at the end:[exits]number_of_exits=0Maybe something happens with ACARS and then the JS41 thinks there are no doors?Anyway, save your aircraft.cfg file or just delete that block.

• Upvote 2

I am having the same problem, the door will open but not stay open. It immediately close. It just started out of the blue. All was fine, no worries, then....Hopefully someone will find the answer and post.....

Sam problem here, I am using DVA ACARS  ......I will try the .CFG file trick today 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I had this problem as well. I'm using ACARS and the Jetstream 41 and got the stuck door problem.Fortunately, I had saved my original JS41 aircraft.cfg file. When I reverted, the door opens.I diffed the file and found a strange new block at the end:[exits]number_of_exits=0Maybe something happens with ACARS and then the JS41 thinks there are no doors?Anyway, save your aircraft.cfg file or just delete that block.

This fixed it for me too.  Good find!!

Use FSUIPC logging to verify the door open command is getting sent ..

Just a guess...

Theres a bug in FSX that will close the door when you're on a refuelling spot (including an invisible one). Apparently leaving the park brakes off lets you open the door. Slewing a few wingspans left or right might get you off the refuel spot too.

Just an update:  You can delete the line in .cfg, but as soon as you run ACARS, it will reinsert that line...thus making the pax door inop again.  If somebody could make a .bat file to delete that line in the .cfg before the JS41 is loaded, it would save some headache...at least until we can get a permanent fix from either the ACARS developer or PMDG.

Create a copy of a good aircraft.cfg file, rename it to goodaircraft.cfg

My path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100\

change this to your fsx path....

***** enter your path here ******

copy /Y "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100\goodaircraft.cfg" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_JS4100\aircraft.cfg"

save the stuff between the ****** 's save as fixjs4100.bat or whatever you want to name it...

THIS WILL over write your current aircraft.cfg file, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The caveat here is that once you have a good copy of your aircraft.cfg file .. you will have a backup ..

but if you change it ( with the configuration app or other method ) and don't copy it as above to goodaircraft.cfg, then you will loose your changes..

it this doesn't work let me know... it works on my rig

• Upvote 1

It's solved by changing number_of_exits=1 instead of 0 @ aircraft.cfg   end of the file 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5