Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

New Eric Marciano module for the Feelthere A320

Just wondering if anyone else has purchased Eric Marciano's new module, the upgrade for the MCDU that is available on his website. If so... could you get it working?I had been emailing Eric back and forth (nice guy, by the way, and has delivered some good freeware to the community), but I feel like I've worn out my welcome with him, so I'll stop bothering him. But I have yet to really get this thing going. At first I thought it was my install of the product, so I decided to do a complete reinstall and patch it up to the latest levels (as per instructions), only to find out my original discs were gone. So I went out and bought the Deluxe Vol 1 boxed again. $70cdn x 2 (ouch, but completely my fault), plus $40cdn for the module.But that didn't do it. My aircraft is so buggy that I don't even know where to start...Freezing PFDs, terrible frame rates, surging throttles, uncommanded autopilot changes or disengagement. I don't know what the heck is going on.To be fair, Eric said that everyone else who has bought it has had no problems, and that I'm the only one on the planet with troubles with it. So it must be my set-up, I suppose.So my question is; does anyone else here have it? Did you have any troubles with it? And if so, how did you get it working?(And just before anyone else here comments; yes, I know I'm an idiot - almost $200cdn for an Airbus that doesn't work. More, if you count the Airsimmer one...)Thanks for any help...- daniel

If you have your thorttles set in FSUIPC and one for each engine (Example: you have each engine on a seperate axis). The Wilco Bus has a problem with this. I recall reading something about it on their old fourms.

There may be a conflict with other installed addons. What do you have installed that could be running at the same time as Eric's module?(This is a very fortunate timing, by the way, for this thread. I just wanted to buy this module! Not until january, but still, the coincidence is amazing)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well, just to make you feel a little bit better (or worse?) I just did a quick test flight and other than some cosmetic changes, I didn't really see anything "new" per se. I still reached the TOC point well ahead of what the FMGC calculated (20nm ahead of it to be precise), the managed mode descent still ignored all the restrictions leading me to arrive at the IAF well above what the chart called for and I had to abandon the approach and have another go - and so on and so forth. Nothing really new then, not really worth the upgrade imo. I intend on doing a bit of flying over the Christmas break, so maybe I'll find some value in this yet, but for now, not really.

I've found that you can (or at least you could, before the module) use FSUIPC to control the Airbus, but you must pick the option to use FS axis. Actually, basic control - once I remembered this - I can maintain.On the throttle issue... I realized late last night that - after having used FS Panel Studio to add a cargo door gauge - the panel.cfg had been rewritten incorrectly, without some of the virtual cockpit gauges. I thought, dammit, my fault again! But when I copied those missing lines back in it seemed to make no difference, as I still had weird throttle surges during taxi. However, all these things only seem to happen while in minipanel mode (hitting "W" in 2d panel mode).My autopilot issues can happen at any time.I have actually not noticed much difference with the module either, to be honest. In fairness, it was really meant to be an interface to that new MCDU hardware, more than an upgrade to the software.I think I'll uninstall it and eat the $40cdn, and call it 'experience'. But man, have I ever 'experienced' a lot of purchases in the FS world in my time. I'm sure many of us have. I try always to remember the time and effort people have put in, and that they may have started in the freeware world and likely contributed much in that time, so a little 'donation' now and again on my part is not too much of a hardship.And hey... maybe Eric will update it one day and it will work for me, you never know...- daniel

Eric is a good guy and has provided a lot to the freeware community but I'm a little confused...Wasn't Eric the main guy behind the whole Feelthere Airbus project? I bought these Aircraft when they first came out and the managed modes predictions etc just where not to the standard I expect from a payware aircraft (even after the patches) and they have been in the hanger ever since.So why are people being charged to fix stuff that should not a have been broke in the first place? I'm thinking maybe I've got this wrong, also this is not a bash at Eric, just trying to understand.ThanksRobEDIT: Ahhh sorry missed the fact this is a interface for Hardware with some extras thrown in. Has anyone tried the MCDU hardware?

Rob Prest

Not to sound like an arse. But this is exactly why I fly the PMDG birds. You don't get much of this nonsense. I found that I spent more time tweaking and fixing than I did flying. It should be the other way around. :(

Well, I like what Eric has done. As for what is improved and what not, here is the full list so it is clear: http://emarciano.free.fr/Cockpit/MCDUDoc/D...on.html#versionOne thing that always draws me back to the Airbus is how beautiful the Fly-By-Wire system is. I am using a Thrustmaster T.16000M joystick which is supposed to be VERY precise - and it is. It is an absolute joy to hand fly the Bus with this setup....I don't and never had any issues, FPS are great, no stutters, no CTD's, no nothing. Like it was said before, do not assign axes in FSUIPC for this bird and all will be well. True, there are still issues (or bugs if you will) that might or might not be resolved, but they are not major show stoppers. Combined with FS2Crew, both, Vol.1 and Vol.2 are very flyable and most likely the only ones we will ever get for FS9 - at least that is valid for the big buses, the A330 and A340. Regards,JureP.S.: If if were not for the publishers, there would be more Service packs, too. But somebody very wise decided to pull the plug on further development (or bug squashing)

It was exactly 5 minutes past, sense Wilco product left my HD forever. For me, Wilco product, NEVER again!!!Shame%20On%20You.gif As someone said, i spent more time tweaking it than flying...thanks, but no thanks!

both, Vol.1 and Vol.2 are very flyable and most likely the only ones we will ever get for FS9 - at least that is valid for the big buses, the A330 and A340
Jure, doesn't your fully loaded A340 (I don't know about 330 - didn't try) accelerate on the runway in a few seconds and then climb like a rocket, which is quite the opposite to how it behaves in reality?One of the factors that sent my Wilcobuses to the hangar for good.

Hi guys.Obviously some people here does not know how real Airbus is meant to be flown.I don't want to buy Airbus in which I must calculate when to descend.In that case I will be flying Q300 or something like that.In Wilco Airbus main things are not simulated. Period.I must confess, FBW on Wilco is GREAT. But this is it.My opinionEdin

And I forget in previous post :( Merry Christmas to all fellow simmers and their families :( .Edin

Hi guys.Obviously some people here does not know how real Airbus is meant to be flown.I don't want to buy Airbus in which I must calculate when to descend.In that case I will be flying Q300 or something like that.In Wilco Airbus main things are not simulated. Period.I must confess, FBW on Wilco is GREAT. But this is it.My opinionEdin
I know I don't... Therefore I don't miss anything that's missing, because I don't know otherwise. Now I do sort of know, but I guess I don't care too much. I'll wait for an Airsimmer A330 (they sort of said it would be coming), and I'm not going to bother with PSS or CLS. I have CLS, but dislike it, and PSS... well. Why would I buy from a non-existing company?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case