Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkipperMac

Real Weather not downloading correctly

I always fly with real world weather as downloaded by FSX, but recently it hasn't been downloading the correct weather. I noticed it first during the holiday season and assumed that a server somewhere wasn't being properly updated, but it's still happening. I have checked a number of locations, all in the USA, and it's the same everywhere - the downloaded weather has little similarity to the real world METAR reported by AirNav and SkyVector.com. Any suggestions why this might be?Is there a way to reset the weather downloader? I know some issues can be fixed by deleting FSX.cfg and allowing the programme to rebuild it, but I'd prefer not to try this if it's unlikely to solve my problem.

It's been hookey for a while, and I guess MS have no incentive to fix it with the demise of ACES, etc. It's bugging me too.I have to use FSX's Weather because when I USE REX's weather engine no airline traffic shows up in FSX due to me using VOXATC :(

It's been hookey for a while, and I guess MS have no incentive to fix it with the demise of ACES, etc. It's bugging me too.I have to use FSX's Weather because when I USE REX's weather engine no airline traffic shows up in FSX due to me using VOXATC :(
Thanks Carl. Maybe my system is ok after all and it's really MS's problem. I've been thinking about buying REX - at least I'm not currently using VOXATC as I'd hate to lose the traffic ... it get's lonely in FS without someone else flying around, even if it is only AI.

Hi chapsThis seems to be a sporadic problem rather than a permanent fault of Microsoft's.I've just checked the real-world weather for Tampa and it's almost spot on in comparison with the published METAR.This is the METARKTPA 101853Z 34011G19KT 10SM FEW040 SCT250 06/M03 A3036 RMK AO2 SLP281 T00611033... and this is what FlightSim is throwing up at the moment.RegardsBrian

I wish it was spot on in Colorado. According to MS its been snowing for 13 days straight! If that were true we'd be headline news by now :(

Well somebody somewhere must have noticed as today I've had something pretty close to the real world METARs in Montana. Instead of clouds at 300' and winds of 20kts gusting 28 I've had the much more Cub-amenable clear skies and less than 10kts wind ... just like the real Montana.Cheers guys for your input, the problem seems to have fixed itself. I hope the rest of you are getting the real weather you've always wanted.

I've been having the same problem with the weather at my home base for more than three weeks. I finally gave up and bought REX. It's worth the extra cost.