Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

This is just superb! Can't wait to see more & fly this thing! Your old 737 is also nice (no IRS, old things, and so...) but still flyable. :)

this aicraft will complete my flight sim. THe MD11, 747 CS757+767 for medium to long haul and the NGX for short-medium haul, i was also going to purchase the CS 727 but i am not sure if its worth it. I hope the NGX makes you all filthy rich!!

How about some quick pics! :( Some quick shots of the VC overhead:
Uh oh, I think I just wet my pants! Thanks Vin! :(

Regarding new screenshots....Honestly I didn't expect something less from PMDG :D Looks absolutely amazing!But.... I have the the feeling I'd need a new Computer for this one! Even the "old" 747X is killing my frames and the J41 isn't running much better! Until release it's still much time I guess...so enough to safe some money :D Rgds, Patrick
Using the 747X as a performance marker is dangerous. I don't know the full details of why, but it is not one of the better optimized high-fidelity FSX models and typically is among the worst performing of these complex add-ons (I get markedly better performance with the PMDG MD-11 and JS41 as well as the 4-5 other complex add-ons I have from other producers). I expect the JS41 is a much better surrogate for performance.Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

I have a question:That screens are taken from a render engine or directly from FSX??

Using the 747X as a performance marker is dangerous. I don't know the full details of why, but it is not one of the better optimized high-fidelity FSX models and typically is among the worst performing of these complex add-ons (I get markedly better performance with the PMDG MD-11 and JS41 as well as the 4-5 other complex add-ons I have from other producers). I expect the JS41 is a much better surrogate for performance.Eric Szczesniak
I agree with this. However, I would also like to add that the newly developed -8i/F expansion pack for the 747-400X gave me significant higher framerate, also in the virtual cockpit. This also is a good sign for PMDG's future project as far as performance is concerned. I'm confident that PMDG will find a great balance between complexity and performance :(

Guest 413X3

I had no idea the new -800 had an updated virtual cockpit, I thought it was just an outside model update? Can we use this virtual cockpit with the -400F since it is basically the same thing? LCD displays and lcd backup gauge

Guest 747-fan

The 748 doesn't have an upgraded VC, PMDG said so themselves. If someone gets better FPS because of it, it must be because of the exterior model has occupied less memory or something?I bought it today, but am having troubles getting it to work. Will report back with an A/B test between the 400x and the 8i when I get it to work.Edit: It does seem to have slightly better FPS than the regular 744X. No idea why. The VC looks identical.

I had no idea the new -800 had an updated virtual cockpit, I thought it was just an outside model update? Can we use this virtual cockpit with the -400F since it is basically the same thing? LCD displays and lcd backup gauge
Yes, the -8i/F expansion pack is just the external model. VC is the same. However, new techniques in the development created a more effective exterior model, something that, oddly enough, also had an effect in the VC. I think even Ryan confirmed this upon release. But how much performance increases seem to be a bit different on different systems.I think even PMDG mentioned that the 747 expansion was a testbed for the 737 model, if I remember correctly.

To everyone, Thanks for the nice comments about the pics. There will be more coming in the coming weeks as things progress far enough to show.To Dinshaw, about your question about panel variations. Answer: yes. There are some differences in the flight deck between different airframes, so variations in switch arrangement etc (airconditioning, etc...) will be available based on the aircraft flown.
Dear Vin,Thanks for your answer !! Yes, with regards to the difference in the airconditioning system design of the 6/7 and the 8/9, the panel has differences. That is there even in the NG for FS9. I was alluding to the minor differences like different transponder panels, the single switch for strobe and steady compared to what you modelled in the old NG, that is a separate strobe switch and position light switch. Those kind of differences, will you give us options on those?Also, if I can ask 2 questions here:1. What FMC version is being modelled? I think U10.8 was removed and Boeing was supposed to issue a patch for that. Most operators are using U10.7 is what I have heard, with an U11.0 in the works. Also, with regard to the FMC on the a/c there is a short cut method of deleting all entries made/calculated in the FMC. You can do this by line selecting the inactive (older date) database on the IDENT Page, thereby making it active and then reselecting the inactive (current date) back again to active. Is it possible to program this? I know that we will have only one AIRAC cycle available, but maybe you can model the "availability" of another AIRAC cycle to perform this function, although in reality it is not there. I hope I have not been too confusing in trying to explain my point.2. Will the center tank fuel pumps be modeled with the auto shut-off feature?Thanks and appreciate if you would be in a position to answer these.Dinshaw Parakh

Thats right, Vin and I came up with an efficient way of building 3D models. The mesh is optimized for a good flow from front to back which is how video cards render an object. So in our case, our aircrafts, the wireframe mesh flows from front to back in an aerodynamic-like flow. It has shown us that it is much more efficient and much cleaner for video cards to gobble up the wireframe and spit out a solid 3D object rather than a mish-mash of polygons running in all sorts of directions.Also in the case of our 747-8, we have used significantly less bones than our -400 in animating the wing flex and the leading edge slats. Bones consume ALOT of resources especially draw calls... Additionally, efficient UVW mapping also plays a role in model rendering efficiency. Our 747-8 has been a test bed for a good number of features that we are going to implement in the NGX, but I'll let the suspense run its course :-) Although I'll give one idea, those 3D cabin windows you see in the 747-8i, they will be a feature on the NGX. Its a cool technique that involves a few polygons and mostly textures. End result is a massive reduction in the amount of polygons we would have gotten if we had to physically cut each window out in the mesh. Thats another reason why your getting better FPS ;-) The NGX will be a step up... if not, better.Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I have a question for the PMDG team:can you implement the WX radar? Is it possible?

Edoardo Paulicelli

fsxnz1yr0.jpg

My fsx runs on: CPU:Corei7950@4.1Ghz (196*21) Mobo:Asus P6tDeluxeV2 RAM:Corsair 12Gb Video:Nvidia 580 GTX HDD:2 WD 130Gb + 1 Seagate barracuda 500Gb

Guest sinthenight
I have a question for the PMDG team:can you implement the WX radar? Is it possible?
That won't happenThe PMDG 737NGX will be released in December :-)

Guest Darz750
That won't happenThe PMDG 737NGX will be released in December :-)
:( :( :( B)