Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Ultimate Traffic 2 and me..

I apologize in advance if this seems dumb:), but the jpeg below demonstrates my frustration. I have tons of AI airborne which, relative to my interaction, are meaningless. I don't care where they are going or where they have been. I would gladly give up 90% of that airborne traffic to populate small and regional airports. Is it not possible to create an AI engine that just stuffs airplanes into parking places at the airport of interest? That spawns take offs and landings. In other words 'traffic' typical of small and regional FBO's. My frame rates are marginal at best so flying in and out of major hubs is no fun. Currently I'm 'living' in the PMDG J41. I do have MytrafficX (newest version) but have not re-installed. Thanks.

Guest j0nx

Bob I agree which is why I am ditching ut2. It simply doesn't work that way whereas trafficx does. It also has a problem with GA aircraft after SP1 whereas they are very sparse now compared to the way they were before. Them not fixing the traffic restarting after going into the menu was the final straw for me. They said they would and they blew it off. Having to mip your own planes is also unacceptable for a product like this and shows me they have no attention to detail. Sure it's easy to do yourself but since it's so easy then why didn't THEY do it? I swear flight sim addons are a lost cause for me anymore. I can't find anything of quality these days. If PNW disappoints me then I am done buying addons for this sim for good unless it has dodosim in the name.

Bob I agree which is why I am ditching ut2. It simply doesn't work that way whereas trafficx does. It also has a problem with GA aircraft after SP1 whereas they are very sparse now compared to the way they were before. Them not fixing the traffic restarting after going into the menu was the final straw for me. They said they would and they blew it off. Having to mip your own planes is also unacceptable for a product like this and shows me they have no attention to detail. Sure it's easy to do yourself but since it's so easy then why didn't THEY do it? I swear flight sim addons are a lost cause for me anymore. I can't find anything of quality these days. If PNW disappoints me then I am done buying addons for this sim for good unless it has dodosim in the name.
The loss of traffic after using the FS User Interface is an FSX problem. Having said that, it does not happen in the original UT2 way back when they were using SimConnect SP1. Since going to SimConnect SP2, these problems have shown up. Granted there are other problems with the SP1 approach, such as TCP ports getting hosed on an FSX crash and UT2 not being able to reconnect without a reboot. That's gone away with the (named pipe) approach of SP2.Having said all that, it would be nice if we could have a configuration item in UT2 that says "use SP1" or "use SP2", and each elects to live with the "features" associated with their choice.Simon

Them not fixing the traffic restarting after going into the menu was the final straw for me.
Your traffic doesn't restart after entering or using the menu? I haven't have that problem on the latest version I am using, nor the sparse traffic.I wonder how the functionality can diiffer so much from one machine to the next? Although it wouldn't be the first product to do that. Seems that any payware product has that problem, the product will work good for most and not right from the start for others.A least in the end you were able to get a traffic program that you liked.BTW, did you ever mip or fix the problem with the Aerosoft San Francisco scenery you were telling me about a few months ago?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest WarpAir
I give up on ut2. It is just a flawed product filled with promises that never come. Its GA implementation is broke and they are now marketing it pretty much as a heavies only product. Couple that with the shimmering models and the traffic restarting when you go into the menu and it's just a pain. I'm going back to trafficx. The original ut was the bomb. Flying into flightscenery portland with ut installed was a thing of beauty. This one...not so much.
The only reason UT2 still gets disscussed on this forum is proabably due to those indirectly marketing the flawed product, the jury passed its verdict on UT2 a long time ago, its rubbish. Enter fsx menu and all traffic is reset , that is a fail.Back to Trafficx and deleting the folder where i stored my UT2 purchase just so am never tempted to install it again.Avsim is full of fsx enthusiasts and covert sales people for addon developers. The sooner you bin UT2 the sooner you can get back to flying. Trafficx does not render as much AI as UT2 and its graphics are second only to UT2, but it works. I find enabling fsx default traffic with trafficx gives fuller aiports in busy and rural areas.My traffic 5.2 is also very good , but trafficx ai planes look better.

Avsim is full of fsx enthusiasts and covert sales people for addon developers.
Who are the covert sales people? Surely not me, in fact I had a 4 page post going on their forum about having trouble with getting the new version to even work in FSX. Turned out it was because I didn't have the correct version of Simconnect. I will say the first version I wasn't too happy with and disabled it and went back to WOAI until the newer version was finished. The new version since I fixed my Simconnect issue works great on my rig. I get good performance and I like the real traffic schedules. I don't see the reset as that much of an issue. I guess that once I am in a flight I seldom need to access and FSX menu, but when I have the reset doesn't bother me, especially when i'm in the air since most of the AI are not in sight and the ones that need to be somewhere will get injected back to where they are supposed to be. In the end though, no addon whether it be a plane, scenery, AI package is going to suite everyone. That doesn't mean that those that do like it shouldn't say so, or be ashamed to stand up for a product they either like or believe has value. That doesn't make anyone a covert sales person. One thing I can say about the folks at Flight1 though is that their support is second to none. In all the years of simming they are the first ones that actually called me long distance, at night I might add, to help me through the issue I was having getting it to work. There's probably not a lot of developers that will do that.On a side note, what's wrong with being an FSX enthusiast? I used to be an FS9 enthusiast, but now I find that although there are some sceneries/planes still not available for it, FSX in my book looks better and is overall more enjoyable. Perhaps I would feel different if FSX ran bad on my system, but it doesn't, it runs great in all types of flying be it airline, GA, or helicopter.
The sooner you bin UT2 the sooner you can get back to flying.
If I had listened to that advice I would be missing out on a great product. Just like I listened to a lot of people trash Captain Sim products for a lot of years. It wasn't until I bough their C-130 and 727 during the $15 dollar sale last year and those two planes ended up being two of my favorites to fly. Are they perfect? No, but after a few minor tweaks I found on their board I love them.Just my .02

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The only reason UT2 still gets disscussed on this forum is proabably due to those indirectly marketing the flawed product, the jury passed its verdict on UT2 a long time ago, its rubbish. Enter fsx menu and all traffic is reset , that is a fail.Back to Trafficx and deleting the folder where i stored my UT2 purchase just so am never tempted to install it again.Avsim is full of fsx enthusiasts and covert sales people for addon developers. The sooner you bin UT2 the sooner you can get back to flying. Trafficx does not render as much AI as UT2 and its graphics are second only to UT2, but it works. I find enabling fsx default traffic with trafficx gives fuller aiports in busy and rural areas.My traffic 5.2 is also very good , but trafficx ai planes look better.
Covert marketing? Please stay out of my discussion and go fly a kite. Thanks.Bob..

Guest j0nx

Yeah Campbell it still restarts traffic when I enter any fsx config menus. As the other guy says, that = FAIL. I did mip the aero sanfran but it didn't fix anything because the buildings and trees, etc still shimmer and they aren't part of the stuff you can mip, at least where I could see. I have to agree that ut2 is bin worthy at this point. I hear them talking about this power pack but no idea what it is, when it's available or what it will cost. If it's not soon and free then there is no way I am getting it just to put the product in a condition that it should have been in from day 1. Either way they still won't fix the traffic resetting when going into menus thing.

Yeah Campbell it still restarts traffic when I enter any fsx config menus. As the other guy says, that = FAIL. I did mip the aero sanfran but it didn't fix anything because the buildings and trees, etc still shimmer and they aren't part of the stuff you can mip, at least where I could see. I have to agree that ut2 is bin worthy at this point. I hear them talking about this power pack but no idea what it is, when it's available or what it will cost. If it's not soon and free then there is no way I am getting it just to put the product in a condition that it should have been in from day 1. Either way they still won't fix the traffic resetting when going into menus thing.
Well at the risk of being labeled a salesman (shudder) I will say that UT2 worked straight out of the box as origianlly launched, with zero problems and a better traffic density and activity level at frame rates acceptable to me (and way better than just about any similar quality AI package had given me before). I respect the fact other shad issues, but sorry, I didnt, and I suspect others didnt either.I have applied SP1, without a clean install (i know) and guess what, its even better. At mu local airport I have similar levels of traffic and frame rate is up 5 fps (egbb with scenery 2000, lifted from 20 to 25 with same carenado aircraft). Now its early days with SP1 so some horror may be awaiting for me round the next approach plate. However right now I am absolutley delighted with the product and am not about to go back to any other. There is no perfect AI program FOR ME. They all have compromises but accepting the lack of charter/freight/military (the biggest) and the menu items (non-issue really once a flight is setuup and running) I think UT2 is a great product.I just hope people who crusie through these forums take some of the extreme views and comments with a little salt, good or bad. They are just a reflection of a persons experience of a product in a complex arena ON THEIR SYSTEM.BTW, never underestimate the effects of a nice clean correct FSX install. It seems a huge commitment sometimes but it has never failed to give me a better experience whenever I have done it.Ian