Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

FSUIPC

Guest sunbear

I'm having a problem trying to purchase the FSUIPC software on the simflight.com forum. I recently got a new email service and when I went to register on the simflight.com forum with Pete Dawson I keep getting the message to enter a valid email address. I've gone through this procedure a number of times and still cannot log on to purchase this software. Does anybody have an alternate website or email address that I can contact either Peter or the simflight people to get this rectified? Regards,jen

I'm having a problem trying to purchase the FSUIPC software on the simflight.com forum.
You don't purchase FSUIPC from the Forum. That's for support and updates. You purchase at www.simmarket.com.
I recently got a new email service and when I went to register on the simflight.com forum with Pete Dawson I keep getting the message to enter a valid email address.
My name is actually "Dowson", and you don't need to register on the Forum to read it, only to post (I think).You need to open an account at SimMarket. You are going to the wrong place. If you download FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson you will also see there a place where you can click to go direct to the purchase page at SimMarket.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

You don't purchase FSUIPC from the Forum. That's for support and updates. You purchase at www.simmarket.com.My name is actually "Dowson", and you don't need to register on the Forum to read it, only to post (I think).You need to open an account at SimMarket. You are going to the wrong place. If you download FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson you will also see there a place where you can click to go direct to the purchase page at SimMarket.RegardsPete
Since you are so familar with FSX and it's inners, I have and off topic question if you don't mind.When we make keypress setting changes within FSX in the control setup area, where are the changes saved and what is the file name?Thanks.

Since you are so familar with FSX and it's inners, I have and off topic question if you don't mind.When we make keypress setting changes within FSX in the control setup area, where are the changes saved and what is the file name?
I don't know parts of FSX I've never used, and I've never used FSX key assignments (or FS2004's or any previous one since FSW95). However, I'm pretty sure it's an XML file in a "Controls" subfolder in the same place as your FSX.CFG file. I'm sure someone else wil confirm this sooner or later, or else yuo can lok for yourself. ;-)Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I don't know parts of FSX I've never used, and I've never used FSX key assignments (or FS2004's or any previous one since FSW95). However, I'm pretty sure it's an XML file in a "Controls" subfolder in the same place as your FSX.CFG file. I'm sure someone else wil confirm this sooner or later, or else yuo can lok for yourself. ;-)Pete
Standard.xml to be found in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Controls

Bert

that's it. Though actually a little more to it. In previous FS versions, the keyboard settings (and controllers too for that matter) were stored in (for example) fs9.cfg file. In FSX, MS made a change. Now, fsx.cfg has settings lines in it that tell FSX where to find the keyboard/controller settings:

[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=Standard

These are references to files which contain the settings. AFAIK, the "Controls_Current" must be in a "controls" subfolder from the folder in which fsx.cfg resides (that is, in the logged on user's application data). The "Controls_Default" must be in the main Flight Simulator X folder. The file name by default is Standard.xml in both cases, though be editing these lines in fsx.cfg you can change it to something else. When you install FSX, or if for some reason (like using a new controller) FSX does not like Controls_Current, it will search through the Controls_Default looking for a match, or if it can't find one, will substitute a generic set of control settings (mainly for controllers which can come in different button/axis arrangements).The format of the Standard.xml file is pretty much the same as in previous FS versions, though using the xml-style element/attribute format. You can use Pete's list of FSX controls (part of the fsuipc package) to see what the possible commands are (not all are accessible in the FSX controls assignment menus).If you do a lot of edits, you might consider copying your edited standard.xml file (twice, once in your Controls folder and also in the Flight Simulator X folder) and giving the active copies a new name, then changing the lines in your fsx.cfg to match. Doing this will save you from having to redo all your assignments if for some reason FSX decides to reload all the default standard.xml settings.One thing I don't know (maybe some one else does) is once I tried to edit how the "mouse look" function works, by using a modifier ICW the mouse wheel (eg, shift-mouse wheel) but I couldn't get FSX to recognize that as a separate input.scott s..