Sign in to follow this  
kasiday1

mute button revisted

using saitek x52 throttle and joystickcant still get mute button to workhelp :(
If using a more exotic joystick, easiest way is this:Assign MUTE to a key such as LEFT CONTROL.Next, using the registered version of FSUIPC or the other freeware program listed in the manual, link your joystick button to that same Key.Easy as pie...I have a Saitek Aviator and FS2Crew can read my joystick buttons directly.... I'm still not sure why it can't directly read some of the more exotic sticks.But the method above works.Best,

I have the X52 as well and even though it's outputing DX button assignments, I cannot get the voice commander to see the mute button. I guess the X52 is just one of those advanced sticks. JB

I have the X52 as well and even though it's outputing DX button assignments, I cannot get the voice commander to see the mute button. I guess the X52 is just one of those advanced sticks. JB
Don't know if this will help or not .but ... I have the X52 - I transmit to VATSIM ATC using joystick button 5. My X52 profile config for button 5 is linked to "Backspace" key. I opened the FS2Crew Mad Dog Mute Config Manager, and highlighted the "BACK" option and hit the #5 button on my joystick. Saved and closed Maddog Config manager.Everytime I transmit to ATC, I see the "M" light up on display panel confirming my transmission to ATC is muted on FS2Crew. Works great !

WAT1460.png

Don't know if this will help or not .but ... I have the X52 - I transmit to VATSIM ATC using joystick button 5. My X52 profile config for button 5 is linked to "Backspace" key. I opened the FS2Crew Mad Dog Mute Config Manager, and highlighted the "BACK" option and hit the #5 button on my joystick. Saved and closed Maddog Config manager.Everytime I transmit to ATC, I see the "M" light up on display panel confirming my transmission to ATC is muted on FS2Crew. Works great !
thx it worksif you have registerd fsuipc check 'key press to repeat while held' when you assign #5 to the mute function and M will stay up and not just flashthx a milexcellent product from FS2crew