Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

And I should be working :)I have nailed down the 'crashes' and I think I have a solution for them, I would be discussing them with Ryan late in the afternoon. (I'm talking about the API.dll crashes) that are very hard to replicate, but could happen if you stress the sim to its absolute maximum, yes.. those experiencing them, need NOT to worry... they are also under control :) but you'll have to wait, because it will be Ryan posting those.
Sounds good *******!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

*******,Hi! One question: What i have to do to "reset" this fix and make my fsx as like it was before this fix? I deleted the shadders folders and take out the parameters of the fix (All of them) and for my surprise the error persists!! (The pmdg 747 greyish skeleton after 5 min of flight). This problem i didn

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Flavio,Have you tried deleting your FSX.cfg and let FSX build a new cfg? I had to do that after I managed to clearly mess up my FSX... I had it perfect with *******' tweaks but decided I'd experiment some more. To my dismay I didn't backup the cfg that was almost perfect. So as a consequence, performance got worse and no matter what I did, it wasn't getting better... and NUKED the CFG.Let FSX rebuild, slowly applied the tweaks one by one, now I'm pleased to say it is almost perfect, in fact, a little bit better than what I had previously. Another thing I discovered is that one needs to be aware of the add-on scenery that one is testing their tweaks in... I have the FTX PNW add-on with a custom afcad of CYVR that a fellow made recently. That gave me pretty bad fps compared to FSDT's sceneries. I downloaded a freeware afcad editor and discovered there were a million small (tiny) static scenery objects... vehicles, light standards, cargo containers etc scattered about the airport. Those are default scenery objects and they consume memory, I deleted every one of them as I don't see these too often, I'm not at the gate that long :-) Now FPS is much better!Anyway, point is, delete your FSX.cfg, let FSX build a new one and start adding the tweaks, add a group at a time, test in FSX, make changes, test again. I know its a pain in the rear end BUT it gives you a clean sheet approach if you mess the cfg that you can't get it back to perfect again. Sucks, but its the only way I'm afraid... unless ******* has another trick up his sleeve that we don't know about... yet :-)Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Thanks Jason!Sorry to be the one going against all the happiness with this big find of *******, but i really don

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Flavio,No worries, I was in the same boat as you, not at ******* but with the way the tweaks were going downhill and getting worse the more I touched something. Clearly I was getting frustrated because I wanted to put off on upgrading my computer for at least a year since I have other priorities with my finances at the moment. Then I took a step back, looked at the whole scenario, asked myself a couple questions, what would ******* say? what would Ryan say? I betcha they would say - delete the CFG and rebuild :-) Thats exactly what I did... whether I liked it or not, it was the only solution. I'm happy to say that after nuking the CFG, and starting over again, it is better now :-)Let me know how it goes for you...Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Hi mods, Since nobody was able to help here I copied and pasted my post (#300) to another thread.Could you please delete this one.ThanksVic

Guest anj4de

Hello everybodySorry for intruding this thraed here but I , like propably so many, have problems with setting up FSX correctly. I have a couple of general questions around the FSX.CFG file in combination with frames, etc...-Do you guys fly in DX9 or DX10 mode?-Is the poolsize 0 option a special command for you flying airliners at high altitudeReason I am asking...I am a VFR fan, low flying looking at the wonderful scenery. My favourite scenery is Tongas Fjords, lots of autgen generated trees there and some houses, all custom made.When I use DX9, in order to get runways and airports, I have to set the poolsize to the max. availabe in order notto have too many autogen errors (black vertical flashes) when I am low over the ground. But that brings the fps right down and the reloading of the scenery starts to shutter. Once at altitude it gets better of course.In DX10 mode I do not have the autogen errors at all, here I can even use poolsize=0 BUT I get the widely known issues with the runway textures and even worse, the A2A P-47's tail even sinks into the ground. All in all though once airborne DX10 to me seems the better option. In DX10 also the fps always stay very high.So do you guys (******* and Co.) fly in DX9 mode or in DX10. From what I think to understand so far there is a major difference in setting up the fsx.cfg file depending on what DX setting I want to use. My system is not really slow, so I wonder what I need to do to getthe best possible performance out of it for my type of flying.My system:MB: Asus P7P55D Pro CPU: i7-860 2,8GHz (3,3GHz) Fan: Alpenf

Guest UlfB
...So do you guys (******* and Co.) fly in DX9 mode or in DX10....
You'll find the answere here: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=281538******* do use DX9 mode according to the attached images.You'll also find more about the general tweaks in the Avsim FSX forum. This thread is about graphics corruption in FSX (such as loss of texturers) when you fly advanced add on aircraft.With AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5 I suspect that you'll have trouble with performance in forrest areas. Get it down to 4 or 3 and you'll get smooth flight.
...When I use DX9, in order to get runways and airports, I have to set the poolsize to the max....PoolSize=20000000...
IMO, that's a pretty high setting when using graphics card with less than 1G memory. Have you tested different settings for each tweak to benchmark the effect on your system with different FSX display settings? Or did you apply several tweaks at once without isolating the effect of every single tweak? Maybe it would be a good idea to rename your fsx.cfg and let FSX build a new one. Then you could start all over and apply one tweak at a time and try different settings until you find the one that work best for you.I use a 10000000 poolsize, which work very well on my system. I fly VFR with fps locked at 26, which gives me a smooth flight, when having autogen set to Dense when flying over forrest areas such as Tongas.EDITED once more (I added "I do not use the..."):I maybe should add that I tested several of ******* proposed tweaks and currently only using HIGHMEMFIX=1. I do not use the tweaks AffinityMask=14, Poolsize=0 (or UsePools=0), FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION, STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD. I could not detect any IQ or performance differences when benchmarking FSX.I use TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=900 tweak, as recommended by ORBX when flying over the PNW scenery, where I also increase autogen to very dense.A smooth and stutter free flight is my goal. If I can't get that, I decrease AI traffic, autogen and other display settings, which is a very fast and easy way to tweak a specifig flight scenario. Edited by UlfB

Dear *******.I completed my Hong Kong-London flight yesterday with almost no snags!I noticed some strange texture loading on the ground, but being used to FS9 I thought that it might be usual FS stuff.I landed and stayed at the gate for some time, just to keep stressing the sim.So it seems to be working!I did two things!I deleted my FSUIPC entry in the dll.xml and changed the FSUPC.dll to .bak.Also I installed nicks bloom effect, I was using Boris' raw bloom.I did notice that my AIs become transparent after engine start, but I think this might be caused by me editing the radius of the plane, but I am not sure!.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Using ENB series does cause problems with *******'s methods, he's pretty certain of that.
I haven't seen an issue on my current setup (using BP=0) and using bloom. I think the problems arise when using too many "things" (like autogen, bloom plugin, unlimited frames, etc.) that basically overwhelm the video card.I found this out the hard way, and you definitely know when you hit the wall... The entire system will crash and reboot.

Using ENB series does cause problems with *******'s methods, he's pretty certain of that.
Unless.. you run FSX in 'Vista' Compatiblity mode... which, impacts performance slighly. tomorrow I'll start doing some more tests with ENBSeries, and HIGHMEMFIX=1 there IS an stability issue when using both (it is more evident now that HIGHMEMFIX fixes the texture corruption) and like Jeff said, it impacts people using Extremely dense AG/Scenery.

Unless.. you run FSX in 'Vista' Compatiblity mode... which, impacts performance slighly. tomorrow I'll start doing some more tests with ENBSeries, and HIGHMEMFIX=1 there IS an stability issue when using both (it is more evident now that HIGHMEMFIX fixes the texture corruption) and like Jeff said, it impacts people using Extremely dense AG/Scenery.
Yes I remembered you wrote this, and this is what I am doing!******* one last thing. I have been testing a lot and I cannot seem to get this new issue solved... When my AI has been pushed back and just when they start the engines they disappear... Meaning that they become invisible but with beacons and strobes going... Really strange.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

BTW the shader edit also worked for me I think, but Ryan recomended that I deleted a shader folder located at the same adress as the FSX.cfg, but I cannot find those files, what am I doing wrong?Also could this edit be the cause of my invisible ai?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Open the file:ShadersHLSL/Common/Common.fxhlook for:dword State_TextureWrap : STATE_TEXTUREWRAP = 0;and change it to dword State_TextureWrap : STATE_TEXTUREWRAP = D3DTADDRESS_WRAP;voila. (don't forget to prime the shader cache)
How do I prime the cache? I don't see a cache in my -roaming\microsoft\FSX folder... Have misunderstood something?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark