Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Can we use this with UsePools=0 or not? I mean "UsePools=0" should replace with RejectThreshold or ....?ThanksBob
No I think it is instead of the Usepools=0 line, because that line of code will crash or corrupt most graphics cards!I am using poolsize=20000000 with ok results.But when I get home I will try the code suggested by Ryan.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The guide is written but I can't release it just yet. I can't say why, but you'll know what the reason was when you read it!John,RejectThreshold allows you to send vertex batches below a certain size to the dynamic bufferpools and the rest above the setting directly to the GPU. It's the tweak we're actually going to recommend most people use because it's far more stable than UsePools=0. You still get some of the benefit of UsePools=0, but hardly any of the crashes, spiking artifacts, "snow", etc. Feel free to lower the setting until it becomes unstable, as you lower it you're essentially getting closer and closer to the equivalent of UsePools=0. I had it at 128K and got a couple crashes, so I raised it up to 256K and it's been great. Most should probably start at 512K and go down from there until they find the optimal spot - it's a lot like the overclocking process actually, find the point at which it becomes unstable and then move it back up a notch.
Ryan,After a month or two of getting FSX itself tuned to my liking, I'm giving and external limiter (30FPS) and RejectThreshold=512K a go tonight. Is the idea to go down 512KB, 256KB, 128KB, or do we just reduce the value in a linear fashion til we reach the sweet spot?You gents have done some fine work it seems from comments made thus far!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Where do I place the uiautomationcore.dll?

FSX's root folder. Once it's there use regsvr32 to register the dll

FSX's root folder. Once it's there use regsvr32 to register the dll
Where do I find regsvr32? :(And how does it work?

You have to run it through the comand line:Start -> runType cmd to open it.Then type... regsvr32 "C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\Uiautomationcore.dll"If you have FSX installed in a different folder, use that

aloha alli am new here and probably not as educated as most of you guys. nevertheless, here is something i experienced just a few days ago when i installed dirctX 10 files on a winxp 32bit platform. all of a sudden i got the sound problem when using pmdg md-11 fsx version. i uninstalled the directX 10 files and re-installed directX 9 and the sound came back normally. just an observation that might be helpful or a a clue?? sorry for jumping into the discussion as layman. respectfully marc, winxp media sp3, 4gb ram, dualcore intel 3GHz with GForce 8800 GTS - trying to get more fps - unable to use vc, neither in windows mode nor fullscreen - used nicks setup, incl. nhancer setup...

UPDATE 04/4/2010:******* Altuve (bojote) has discovered what appears so far to be the solution to Issue #4:His original post:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1745142Further information and clarification from me:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1746100We recommend everyone with the issue try the first group of cfg edits (as noted in my link there) and report back - it's been completely successful so far.=====================Original post:=====================Captains,The purpose of thread is to bring the community up to date on the various graphics corruption and crash to desktop (CTD) issues contained within the now nearly two year old thread titled Black/disappearing textures? Some bizarre news... and pursue some new lines of thought with regard to possible causes. I have closed the old thread and all discussion should now take place here.Without further ado, let

Guest acezboy561

My water is messed up.I can't re-install because I had to call Microsoft to get another activation code, this is what the water looks like:eb4xz6.jpgWhat should I do??

My water is messed up.I can't re-install because I had to call Microsoft to get another activation code, this is what the water looks like:eb4xz6.jpgWhat should I do??
Aidan, This is not related to the HIGHMEMFIX. You problem seems related to a SHADER problem.. did you mess with your water via any water configurators lately?

Guest acezboy561

No I haven't ive delted my shaders folder in App Data > Local etc but didn't do anything. Seriously, FS sucks without water :(

The guide is written but I can't release it just yet. I can't say why, but you'll know what the reason was when you read it!
Hi Ryan!The weeks are going by..... Any news on a release date for the eagerly-anticipated guide? :( Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

My water is messed up.I can't re-install because I had to call Microsoft to get another activation code, this is what the water looks like:What should I do??
Ahem... I have a code for you:PAYXZ-ZXFOR-ITPR-RPLIKE-DUWE-TFDIDGood luck Aiden

\Robert Hamlich/

Oh my, I just got another uiautomationcore.dll crash. I think it has something to do with the fact that I started to use full screen again. I even replaced the uiautomationcore.dll from the system32 folder with the one provided here using take control, and then registered it, but it crashed again while using the menu bar.This sucks, reallyFaulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp: 0x4791a76fException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0001dd8cFaulting process id: 0xc20Faulting application start time: 0x01cb01b418077123Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dllReport Id: 230ec10c-6daa-11df-aaee-90e6bacd1e10

Does anybody have any idea why, despite I have the HighMemFix=1 tweak in mij fsx.cfg, I still suffer from disappearing textures only when using the FSLabs Concorde X? My FSX was running 100% stable for many weeks when using complex add-ons like PMDG, Level-D and Digital Aviation, plus add-on sceneries. But as soon as I tried the FSLabs Concorde X tutorial textures started disappearing after engine start and push-back.
Are you running 32-bit Windows?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Oh my, I just got another uiautomationcore.dll crash. I think it has something to do with the fact that I started to use full screen again. I even replaced the uiautomationcore.dll from the system32 folder with the one provided here using take control, and then registered it, but it crashed again while using the menu bar.This sucks, reallyFaulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp: 0x4791a76fException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0001dd8cFaulting process id: 0xc20Faulting application start time: 0x01cb01b418077123Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dllReport Id: 230ec10c-6daa-11df-aaee-90e6bacd1e10
Hi dazz!I'm about to test this (i.e. I haven't yet). But go to this page and scroll right down until you find the post by gkair2 on May 5th at 11:57 AM, headed "THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL FILE CAUSES OTHER DLL FILES TO MALFUNCTION!"Edit -addition: You may need to be aware of the issue dealt with here, too...I'll be testing this myself, soon.....Hope it helps,Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg