Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Maddog News!

..just a very brief, but welcome piece of news for the Maddog crews out there; Davide has posted today:-http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry45560 :( All the best,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

..just a very brief, but welcome piece of news for the Maddog crews out there; Davide has posted today:-http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry45560 :( All the best,
Thanks Paul, some good updates to an already excellent product.I get to fly in my first MD90 in June (DL KATL-KDEN), I have flown as a pax in several MD80's but this will be a new experience.Thanks, Bruce.

Awesome! Analogue cockpits are always welcome :(

Thanks Paul, some good updates to an already excellent product.I get to fly in my first MD90 in June (DL KATL-KDEN), I have flown as a pax in several MD80's but this will be a new experience.Thanks, Bruce.
It's quite a pity we're not permitted access to the flight deck any more. It would make the month for most airline-type simpilots!It's a nice route to fly with the our '80 too, isn't it? I prefer one-to-two-hour trips like that. Denver to KSLT is another leg that's got an pretty exciting approach.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

...all these updates and they STILL won't make a real FSX model.*facepalm*They really don't have any idea how many more sales they would make if they made a native version. It would be the biggest update (and biggest boost in sales) they had ever made. Oh well, some developers just don't do FSX...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Now you know how some of us FS9 people feel about PMDG deciding not to do FS9 models anymore. Its sorta funny to see the table turn if not by much.Please don't take this too seriously just havin' a little fun guys.Sean

Sean Green

...all these updates and they STILL won't make a real FSX model.*facepalm*They really don't have any idea how many more sales they would make if they made a native version. It would be the biggest update (and biggest boost in sales) they had ever made. Oh well, some developers just don't do FSX...
I understand that it would be nice for an FSX native maddog, but the 2008 Pro runs fine in FSX for me except that I have to switch between the 2D and the Virtual cockpit a few times during flight to access certain functions, but it really doesn't bother me much. Other than that, it is an amazing simulation.

And all you guys had thought the Leonardo Dev Team had "left the building".Obviously not true. :( FYI, if you're an FS2Crew Maddog owner, don't fret.I'll be updating FS2Crew for the Maddog to account for the changes made in the new Update.

I understand that it would be nice for an FSX native maddog, but the 2008 Pro runs fine in FSX for me except that I have to switch between the 2D and the Virtual cockpit a few times during flight to access certain functions, but it really doesn't bother me much. Other than that, it is an amazing simulation.
A native version would improve FPS so much though... not to mention the windows wouldn't disappear behind autogen and clouds and stuff.Maddog team, make a FSX version and you will have my sale.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Nice to see them continuing development on the Maddog, it would be a great shame to see it abandoned - it continues to be one of the most complete airliner simulations available.

A native version would improve FPS so much though...
Probably. I still fly it mostly from the 2D panels, though, and even with average hardware fps are quite satisfactory.
... not to mention the windows wouldn't disappear behind autogen and clouds and stuff.
I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about here, I haven't noticed any problems of this nature.

A native version would improve FPS so much though... not to mention the windows wouldn't disappear behind autogen and clouds and stuff.Maddog team, make a FSX version and you will have my sale.
I have not noticed any graphic errors. The fps for me are comparable to the PMDG 747. They stay right around 20 to 25. With my i7 920 @ 4.2ghz and a GTX 275, performance is smooth at these frame rates, and even quite less than that. This is with very high scenery settings, REX, GEX, UTX, and Ultimate Traffic 2 @ 100% airline traffic.

it continues to be one of the most complete airliner simulations available.I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about here, I haven't noticed any problems of this nature.
Same here, Tom; she's the most rewarding aircraft I've come across. I fly exclusively VC and get moderate (22 - 24) frames at Seattle. The only time I use 2D is to "auto-set" the speed bugs, and - like you I have no idea what Kiwikat is referring to: this certainly happened to the props with some of the older A2A aircraft, but in three years of flying the Maddog I've not seen this. Of course - my wife says I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other... so it could be..

And all you guys had thought the Leonardo Dev Team had "left the building".Obviously not true. :( FYI, if you're an FS2Crew Maddog owner, don't fret.I'll be updating FS2Crew for the Maddog to account for the changes made in the new Update.
While your at it we really need a native FS9 PMDG 744F version of your PMDG 744 package... I'm having a heck of a time with FDC Live Cockpit these days with the 744F and ran to your product as an alternative only to find that alternative was not an alternative (without hacking the product to somewhat make it work).Anyway back to the topic at hand. I hope the various calls are now accessible from the VC...
This is actually funny considering PMDG's stance as of late and Aerosoft's position for years... Many got heckled for daring to request an FS9 version of many FSX only products now at this stage of the game I'm reading this... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2