Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Thank You Pablo Diaz - HDE v 2.0

I've always felt HDE v1.0 was the best sky/cloud add-on out there payware or free, and now v2.0 is even better yet. Thanks Pablo for another excellent release!Jim

Well I just took a test flight with version 2 and all i can say Is WOW :( :( I will also give my many thanks to Pablo Diaz for this amazing program, and free on top of that, unbeleivable.This gets me thinking, in all my years of simming I have never heard of this program, wonder what else im missing. Ill have to keep my eyes open for hidden gems like this one.thanks to the original poster also for starting this thread, cause without it who knows how long it would have been till i would have found this program.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Im using ASv6.5 for my weather engine. How do i make it use these new textures? Ive placef them in the FS9 texyure folder.Sorry if its an obvious answer, but im unsure how to set this up. thanks to Pablo for his efforts. steve

Im using ASv6.5 for my weather engine. How do i make it use these new textures? Ive placef them in the FS9 texyure folder.Sorry if its an obvious answer, but im unsure how to set this up.thanks to Pablo for his efforts.steve
If the textures are installed correctly then it will just use them...also turn off active graphics in case you have it.

Just to add my thanks also.Very good texture set indeed with an improvement in frame rates over the old set I was using, even with the 32bit HD clouds!Cheers, Tom (EGCV)

Installed the textures last night; was skeptical at first, but once I saw them 'in-sim'.. Wow! They're not just for screenshots!Absolutely beautiful work Pablo; thank you so much for sharing your talent.Cheers! ~ Rudi

Yes, this is a really great graphical enhancement for FS9. I was very happy on the 9th when I sore this in the upload que - couldn't wait to process and download it.Many thanks Pablo! first for version 1 and now 2

Gracias, Pablo! worshippy.gifThis addon is simply gorgeous.It should be payware but it's free. Another reason to thank Pablo for his generous gift to our community.I have switched now from a payware addon to his clouds and wow, they beat me to my knees.I have also discovered the ENB series enhancement and it's another wow!The only problem is it turns off on its own every few minutes. Is anyone experiencing it?

If the textures are installed correctly then it will just use them...also turn off active graphics in case you have it.
Stupid question here, but how do you turn off active graphics???

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Zevious Zoquis
Stupid question here, but how do you turn off active graphics???
In the Active Sky options...

I have also discovered the ENB series enhancement and it's another wow!The only problem is it turns off on its own every few minutes. Is anyone experiencing it?
Hello Rafal,I tried the ENB series last night, using Pablo's ini (the one in the main HDE folder, not the one in the ENB archive). I did not experience any glitches or notice any frame drop, and I like the ambience it adds. I also like that it can easily be switched on and off using the 'Shift-F12' combination.. hope I'm not stating the obvious, but perhaps there is another device or software which utilizes a function having the same key-combo? For example, I had to ensure that my screenshot proggie and Track IR were not using any duplicate or conflicting key-combos. May also be a duplicate Shift-F12 combo mapped to your controller?Hope you get it sorted ~ Rudi

I found that all the ENB .ini's included with the HDEv2 download were set up where you have to press Shift+F12 to start the effect as opposed to being enabled by default, requiring Shift+F12 to turn it off. This means that every time you switch to windowed mode or switch back and forth between the sim and the FSNav screen you're going to have to re-enable the effect with Shift+F12. Perhaps this is what's causing the "turning off on its own every few minutes" problem that Rafal is experiencing. You can change this easily in the enbseries.ini, modify the following:[GLOBAL]UseEffect=0Change the 0 to 1 and the sim will start and run with the effect enabled.Jim

Thanks for the advce on ENB, guys.I'll definitely give it a try! :(

Thanks PABLO!!!I've made two videos. One with a HDE 2.0+A340 VC repaint by Pablo, second one is HDE 2.0+REX+Enb Bloom, Pablo's setup......thanks again man for this:

Don't forget to watch in HD.Cheers!