Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

BP=0 plus SLI works great !

steveo38 mentioned that SLI solved his graphics glitches that bp=0 with unimited frames had caused.I added a 2nd 280 and it works very well , glitches, spikes. flashing textures gone.Also noticed a decent fps increase over running with a single card and a framerate lockwin7 64 latest video drivers 4ghz 1920x1080Thanks to steveo38 and bojote .

steveo38 mentioned that SLI solved his graphics glitches that bp=0 with unimited frames had caused.I added a 2nd 280 and it works very well , glitches, spikes. flashing textures gone.Also noticed a decent fps increase over running with a single card and a framerate lockwin7 64 latest video drivers 4ghz 1920x1080Thanks to steveo38 and bojote .
I wonder if that's due to the video card memory being doubled?

This sounds interesting. It would be nice to see more people confirming this cenario specially for the new 5970, 5870 crossfired or 400 series nVidia in SLI. I'm aware that the FS comunity is almost closed about the fact that CF and SLI are not applicable to FSX and might even degrade performance. Anyway that Bojot_wheak BP=0 can be such a holly grail that we are still to see the end of improvements. I have an old 8800GTS 320MB card and still took advantage of the tweaks from BojoteLandia. Let ******* be with you.

I wonder if that's due to the video card memory being doubled?
The more complex add on airports do make better use of the extra memory, I saw this improvement having sli enabled but configuring the nvidia profile to use a single card.When the bp=0 tweak came along, the emphasis switched to the graphics card and that's when sli started to work well. I think it adds bandwidth to cope with the increased number of commands that need to be processed since the bufferpool has gone. I did see a few extra frames, but I use a TH2Go so I'm asking an awful lot of the gpu already

Stephen Munn

I run a pair of 8800M GTX in SLI and can confirm that SLI works as long as I set up the nHancer correctly. I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say SLI does not work. When I disable SLI and run FSX, I have a noticeable loss of performance. When I enable it and set it up correctly in the nHancer tool-there is a very noticeable performance gain. It has been this way for some time regardless of the BP=0 setting (though that certainly helps further improvement of performance). My specs are listed below and I get tremendous performance. Locked at 30 frames I can get 24-30 in NYC with the ImagineSim KLGA and the FSDT JFK with the default cessna autogen and scenery complexity maxed(though textures eventually get blurry--so I back off on the autogen).Never did understand the SLI not working argument. Crossfire I cannot tell you about.

Jim Atkins

Its great to hear that Nvidia SLI works. I'm definately thinking of changing to the green team ASAP.I have a Radeon ATI 3870X2 on my desktop machine, and FSX doesn't seem to take advantage of Crossfire as far as I can tell. I get roughly similar performance from my Macbook Pro with its (feeble) 9600M GT GPU. I don't use any tweaks except the VSync fix on either machine.If any one knows of a way to get FSX to use Crossfire I'd be keen to know!!Kind regardsDave

I run a pair of 8800M GTX in SLI and can confirm that SLI works as long as I set up the nHancer correctly. I don't know what everyone is talking about when they say SLI does not work. When I disable SLI and run FSX, I have a noticeable loss of performance. When I enable it and set it up correctly in the nHancer tool-there is a very noticeable performance gain. It has been this way for some time regardless of the BP=0 setting (though that certainly helps further improvement of performance). My specs are listed below and I get tremendous performance. Locked at 30 frames I can get 24-30 in NYC with the ImagineSim KLGA and the FSDT JFK with the default cessna autogen and scenery complexity maxed(though textures eventually get blurry--so I back off on the autogen).Never did understand the SLI not working argument. Crossfire I cannot tell you about.
Pre BP=0, I found that in certain situations SLI did improve performance, but it added stutters. I think most people found that to be the case, but FSX performance is very subjective.

Stephen Munn

This site man! I had my IFR setup all finalized, then I read this thread and tore apart one of my PCs and stuck a second card into it and a bigger power supply.Can you guys share your enhancer settings for SLI and BP=0?I have SLI running fine, but I see only one card being used when I run GPU-Z and FSX. Furmark runs both cards so I know the setup is working.

Just a follow up after a couple days of trying 2 gtx280's in SLI, with bp=0 and unlimited frames in FSX with very high settings.It's starts off great but after continuous flying for a hour or longer in complex PNW areasaround Vancouver and into the mountains at Hope BCthe glitches started appearing again. Spikes, etc.An hour of continuous flight is better than the immediate glitches seen with a single card and Bojote's settings.Most of the time my flights are shorter than an hour but its not a perfect solution.Other solutions as many post are to lock framerate in FSX, or not use BP=0, or lower FSX settings.Of course all those work with a single GPU as well.Locking the framerate in FSX solves the glitches.It also appears to lower the overall frame rate and most importantly lower the minimum frame rate seen. When it starts dropping in the low and mid teens I'm motivated to make changes.I fly mostly in PNW complex areas would like to keep the minimum frame rate over 20.Vancouver can tax the frame rate pretty hard when settings are high, AI is up and airports are in the view.One way to counter that is BP=0, unlimited frames and SLI,but as flight time increases issues arise as well, it's not the holy grail, at least not in my setup :(

Have you tried the Java FPS limiter?
Might backup and try it, was hoping to keep this to install clean.Java is a pretty big install?Does it allow you to run unlimited , get the frame rate gains without glitches?

Might backup and try it, was hoping to keep this to install clean.Java is a pretty big install?Does it allow you to run unlimited , get the frame rate gains without glitches?
No it's not a big install or a big program, just a small batch file.The idea is that is allows you to run unlimited frames without glitches, but you'll have to see what happens.

No it's not a big install or a big program, just a small batch file.The idea is that is allows you to run unlimited frames without glitches, but you'll have to see what happens.
HelloBut that "small" batch file requires Java to be installed which is a 90 MB install

Let's talking numbers and percentages here. How much REALLY?

Let's talking numbers and percentages here. How much REALLY?
It's not the 90mb, it's wondering if Java runs background processes all the time, puts an notification icon with pop up messages about updates etc.?