Sign in to follow this  
MdMax

The new x737 version 4 is available !

Guest Nils79

Fantastic work!

Nice, cockpit pictures?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cool not bad - does it have a VC?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cool not bad - does it have a VC?
No VC for now, no complete overhead panel. But I think the virtual cockpit is planned for version 5, and I hope one day people will be able to compare it to a PMDG add-on... but it's still a long way to go, and for now it's a great freeware product that you can complete with the best payware FMS in X-Plane.

What is the best freeware aircraft addon which also has a virtual cockpit?

Guest georgemacasoi
No VC for now, no complete overhead panel. But I think the virtual cockpit is planned for version 5, and I hope one day people will be able to compare it to a PMDG add-on... but it's still a long way to go, and for now it's a great freeware product that you can complete with the best payware FMS in X-Plane.
You're kidding me right? Compare that piece of ###### with PMDG? My god the default FSX 738 is tons better then Benedikts latest clicheGeorge

You're kidding me right? Compare that piece of ###### with PMDG? My god the default FSX 738 is tons better then Benedikts latest cliche
Piece of ###### ? Are kids like you able to make better contributions than just insulting great freeware add-ons ?

Guest georgemacasoi
Piece of ###### ? Are kids like you able to make better contributions than just insulting great freeware add-ons ?
Great freeware addons? Are you serious? Why is it great, its literally unflyable, i mean come on the cockpit is ridicolousPlease sign your posts with your name :-)George

Great freeware addons? Are you serious? Why is it great, its literally unflyable, i mean come on the cockpit is ridicolousPlease sign your posts with your name :-)George
It's safe to say you're the only one that has this opinion.Feel free to not download it.Goran

It's safe to say you're the only one that has this opinion.Feel free to not download it.Goran
I wouldn't say the only one! I just did a video which I was going to post on youtube to rebut statements from posters like You won't see X-Plane airliners doing stunts like rolls and loops like you can in FSX without losing control and crashing, but decided not to (right now) it shows this plane at 5000ft doing an aerilon and barrel roll, which is possible, after all Tex Johnston did it in a 707. Then I tried snap rolls, and sure enough it recovered rather easily. This was with all overstress options selected. Now I'm not saying there aren't FSX aircraft, that models the same behavior, there are including some payware! The better ones though lke the PMDG, and Level-D models, do not and have a much more realistic flight model. Remarkably enough the default 737 also will not do stunts other then slow rolls without stalling and crashing. I'm also not saying it isn't possible for X-Plane to produce a realistic flight model. It can as demonstrated with the MU-2 and a few other GA aircraft. For airliners though, I haven't seen one that behaves realistically. For example the X-Plane BAE-146 can climb up to 41-42Kft, even though it's real service ceiling is only 31K. Hopefully the new CRJ that is being developed will be better! It sure looks nice, but only time will tell.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I wouldn't say the only one! I just did a video which I was going to post on youtube to rebut statements from posters like You won't see X-Plane airliners doing stunts like rolls and loops like you can in FSX without losing control and crashing, but decided not to (right now) it shows this plane at 5000ft doing an aerilon and barrel roll, which is possible, after all Tex Johnston did it in a 707. Then I tried snap rolls, and sure enough it recovered rather easily. This was with all overstress options selected. Now I'm not saying there aren't FSX aircraft, that models the same behavior, there are including some payware! The better ones though lke the PMDG, and Level-D models, do not and have a much more realistic flight model. Remarkably enough the default 737 also will not do stunts other then slow rolls without stalling and crashing. I'm also not saying it isn't possible for X-Plane to produce a realistic flight model. It can as demonstrated with the MU-2 and a few other GA aircraft. For airliners though, I haven't seen one that behaves realistically. For example the X-Plane BAE-146 can climb up to 41-42Kft, even though it's real service ceiling is only 31K. Hopefully the new CRJ that is being developed will be better! It sure looks nice, but only time will tell.
I can tell you first hand, an add on is only as good as the flight model specs for it. If the X plane BAE can climb to 42 000 feet, it means the critical altitude that has been set for it in planemaker is too high. There are many factors that determine an aircrafts performance in x-plane. It's not as automatic as some people think. Yes, you can choose to go in planemaker and throw in some numbers and "Presto". You got an add on. But there are MANY other factors involved. The critical altitude is determined by going through the appropriate charts and using the proper figures. Now, with regards to the freeware 737. For what it is and what has been programmed into it, I would not say it's a POS as another poster did. Case in point, the abovementioned MU-2. Also, the Falco by the same developer. Even the payware I'm making (and selling through the same online store as the MU 2) can take weeks to make an accurate flight model for. The 3D mesh and texturing is another story. The CRJ will set the bar for all future x plane add ons. What has been done with it and what they are still doing with it will blow peoples minds. Study sim? Absolutely. So much so that it will rival and even surpass the top FS9/FSX add ons. Goran