Sign in to follow this  
Ravencraft

voice commands for ground crew?

Hello,I'm very happy with the j41 version so far. I have to spend more time with it before I am comfortably flying and not referencing manuals but it is a fun process.I am running fsx in full screen so I am not using the video marshaller. Are there any voice commands to acheive what the marshaller button presses do? I understand that I won't see the video. I've tried a variety of commands but I haven't hit on anything yet.Thanks,Dave

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hello,I'm very happy with the j41 version so far. I have to spend more time with it before I am comfortably flying and not referencing manuals but it is a fun process.I am running fsx in full screen so I am not using the video marshaller. Are there any voice commands to acheive what the marshaller button presses do? I understand that I won't see the video. I've tried a variety of commands but I haven't hit on anything yet.Thanks,Dave
Hi Dave, nope, as turboprops usually use hand-signals.Why not just use Windowed mode so you can use the Video Marshaller?Cheers,

Very old habits. Back in the early Windows days, running games in windowed mode would be a big hit on performance. I just did a flight in windowed mode and used the Marshaller. Everything works fine. Thanks for including it.Dave

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

...Why not just use Windowed mode so you can use the Video Marshaller?...
Unfortunately a decent number of setups (namely nHancer used on nVidia setups) AA and AF do not work in windowed mode. That's why I don't use it.

Eric Szczesniak

Unfortunately a decent number of setups (namely nHancer used on nVidia setups) AA and AF do not work in windowed mode. That's why I don't use it.
AA and AF work fine with nHancer and nVidia cards in windowed mode.

AA and AF work fine with nHancer and nVidia cards in windowed mode.
I'll have to investigate my setup more. AA and AF absolutely do not work for me in windw mode. I was always told it was because I was in windowed mode, but who knows.

Eric Szczesniak

Speaking about ground crew communication what about a push-back dialoge? That is something I'm missing and would be great to not have to use the SHIFT-P manually but most of all to have some dialoge.

Richard Åsberg

Speaking about ground crew communication what about a push-back dialoge? That is something I'm missing and would be great to not have to use the SHIFT-P manually but most of all to have some dialoge.
The FS2Crew voice versions for jets like the 767 have a pushback (voice) crew.But not the J41. That's what the video marshaller is there for. Cheers,

Edited to correct some grammar :wink:Yes I'm aware of that and the marshaller is great and like many others already said FS2Crew for the J41 is the best FS2Crew product so far but I still think it would be great to also be able to communicate with the marshaller using voice and ask for pushback and have that automated instead of pressing SHIFT-P manually.But please don't take this the wrong way, I already love this product and like I said in another thread the ability to actually speak to your FO really has raised the realism bar!

Edited by WebMaximus

Richard Åsberg