Sign in to follow this  
piperpilot12w

Is there a good CRJ 200 available for FSX

Is there a good CRJ 200 available for FSXI'm a furloughed pilot from the CRJ 200 and would like to practice on something as realistic as possible. Systems, FMS etc.

The only one I know of is the Wilco/Feelthere CRJ (Regional Jets Vol. 1).http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_crj_fleetIt's a bit old, and the external model isn't the best, but the internal model and systems might be enough to keep your head in the game. You can get navdata updates from Navigraph for the FMC to keep it current.-m@

You should find some freeware versions created by PAD here. Otherwise, there is a POSKY alternative here.However, in order to make it work with FSX you must merge them with the default CRJ-700 VC or the alternative VC by Friendly Panels (payware).Guess someone found a payware alternative earlier than me, too bad.. :(

The only one I know of is the Wilco/Feelthere CRJ (Regional Jets Vol. 1).http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_crj_fleetIt's a bit old, and the external model isn't the best, but the internal model and systems might be enough to keep your head in the game. You can get navdata updates from Navigraph for the FMC to keep it current.-m@
Is Navigraph a separate download for the package? I have never used Navigraph or any of Wilco's so-called FMS/FMC before.

Navigraph is a navdata service. It's not free. They support many addon aircraft that use navdata.Also, as for Posky, etc... They are fine for freeware, but he was looking for something as realistic as possible (working FMS, etc...) to keep up his real world CRJ skills while he is furloughed. Wilco is the only one I know of with a working FMS/FMC. Probably the best solution for his goal.-m@

Is there a good CRJ 200 available for FSXI'm a furloughed pilot from the CRJ 200 and would like to practice on something as realistic as possible. Systems, FMS etc.
the feelThere/wilco CRJ is not a high fidelity simulation .. back in 2003 the planes were never designed to be high fidelity.the CRJ series (-200, -700 and -900) are 'fleet' designed ... meaning they lack many fuctions and details.again, the CRJ series was never designed to be high fidelity.there are many CRJ fans, and pilots, that enjoy(ed) the simuation. feel free to review the old support forum -http://iemit.com/forumthe new (now two year old) support forum -http://forum.iemit.com--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks for the suggestions When I go to the Wilco site, is the CRJ New Generation Upgrade an addition that is to be ordered along with Regional Jet v1 - CRJ? Says something about compatability.I'm running Windows 7-64, will I have any problems with 64 bit?

64 bit support is unknown. This is an old product, originally developed for FS2002, then ported to FS2004, and eventually FSX. It's old technology, so buyer beware.I don't own the product, I have just seen youtube videos, and screenshots.There really just isn't a good modern CRJ for MSFS. I would love to see the CRJ series done by the likes of PMDG or Level-D. -m@

Well aerosoft is working on one crj for fsx with work done by Digital Aviation. the aircraft model is from aerosoft's internal development team. the rest like systems, gauges, flightmodels etc is done by Digital Aviation.http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...=33966&st=0

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest sg38
Well aerosoft is working on one crj for fsx with work done by Digital Aviation. the aircraft model is from aerosoft's internal development team. the rest like systems, gauges, flightmodels etc is done by Digital Aviation.http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...=33966&st=0
But that's not a 100 or 200. In fact it wouldn't be realistic if there would be a GOOD one for FSX as IRL there has never been a GOOD 100/200...and I'had to fly this thing for almost 10 years!

But that's not a 100 or 200. In fact it wouldn't be realistic if there would be a GOOD one for FSX as IRL there has never been a GOOD 100/200...and I'had to fly this thing for almost 10 years!
Oops jumped the gun my mistake it is indeed the CRJ700/900ER and not the 100/200 model.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Well.. As a student pilot (9.1 hours TT - actively training currently), I can say that I would give just about anything right now for the opportunity to fly any jet for 10 years!! ;) hehehe-m@

Well.. As a student pilot (9.1 hours TT - actively training currently), I can say that I would give just about anything right now for the opportunity to fly any jet for 10 years!! ;) hehehe-m@
I remember when I had 9 hours. Best of luck to you.Be safe in your soon to be Solo Flight

Guest sg38

Well, even the worst jet is way nicer to operate (especially concerning icing conditions, flight level, noise, lack of speed etc..) than any prop or turboprop. The CRJ 100 was an awful plane but I was happy to switch to the CRJ from the Metro & Dash8 of course.Matt, all the best for your future career in aviation :)

Guest BlueRidgeDx

The -700 is a far better airplane, and is everything the -200 should have been. The bigger wing, added slats, better flaps, better engines, better APU, FADEC, simplified fire detection and ECS systems, etc, made the CRJ a really nice ride.All that being said, and despite all of its flaws, I really have a soft spot in my heart for the -200. I spent a lot of time with it, and know it inside and out. What it lacks in climb performance, passenger comfort, and flap system reliability, it more than made up for with character. In my humble opinion.Now, if only I could steer the thread into a discussion about the love/hate relationship fostered by the Do328JET, my mission here would be complete. Mwahahahah!