Sign in to follow this  
Ty53650

Loving it! But can't adjust FA volume

I can't tell you enough how excellent this product is. As my first fs2crew product I can say I have never felt this immersed before. Truly top notch stuff here! I can't imagine using anything but the voice control, it really is remarkable. Great job! Only thing I'm having an issue with is turning up the FA volume. I can hover my mouse over the CAB button and see the plus symbol, but moving the mouse wheel doesn't have any effect. The number in the display window stays at 0. Any idea what I'm doing wrong, as I'm about 99% sure it's pilot error :( Anyway, great work once again, can't thank you enough! Ty89m

I can't tell you enough how excellent this product is. As my first fs2crew product I can say I have never felt this immersed before. Truly top notch stuff here! I can't imagine using anything but the voice control, it really is remarkable. Great job! Only thing I'm having an issue with is turning up the FA volume. I can hover my mouse over the CAB button and see the plus symbol, but moving the mouse wheel doesn't have any effect. The number in the display window stays at 0. Any idea what I'm doing wrong, as I'm about 99% sure it's pilot error :( Anyway, great work once again, can't thank you enough! Ty89m
Glad to hear you like it! Are you using any kind of special mouse? Are you running any programs that may interfere with the middle mouse button, such as Walk and Follow?Cheers,

Yes Love it!But no, nothing special, and don't use walk and follow. I can get the 0 to change to a 1 and back to 0 but nothing more. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or right for that matter :) But not a big deal. If you have any other suggestions let me know! Thanks again!Ty

Been flying and I have a few more questions for ya Bryan. 1. When the gate agent brings the load sheet to the aircraft, is it loaded at random, or do I actually have to pick my passenger and baggage loads like before? 2. Does the FO actually enter the payload into the FMS after he does his wt and balance work sheet? Does he do anything with the FMS? 3. When passing 10,000 and the FO switches the seat belt sign on/off to indicate the end of sterile cockpit, is the FA supposed to announce that it is now ok to use accepted portable electronics? I may just not be hearing it as I'm having trouble turning up the FA volume.That's it for now, none of those things are big issues at all, and I still think this is the best thing to happen to my flight sim hobby in a long, long time. The immersion is amazing! I don't think I'll ever be able to fly alone again. Ty

Yes Love it!But no, nothing special, and don't use walk and follow. I can get the 0 to change to a 1 and back to 0 but nothing more. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or right for that matter :) But not a big deal. If you have any other suggestions let me know! Thanks again!Ty
Hi Ty,Try updating/refreshing your mouse driver. Does your mouse wheel work fine with other applications (such as scrolling when using your internet browser)?Given that you said you can at least change 0 to a 1 with the mouse wheel, that suggest the mouse wheel sorta works. I would look at your mouse settings.Hi Ty,1. She doesn't physically bring you a loadsheet as the loadsheet you need is already in the cockpit (it's to your left).2. FO does not touch the FMS. Programming the FMS is the Capt's job.3. The FA will make cabin announcements, but you'll need to turn your FA volume up to something higher than one to hear them. I responded to that in your other post. There's something wrong with your mouse wheel settings.Cheers,

I have no problem with the mouse wheel in any other programs, it even works fine in the J41, first time I've had an issue. Though after adjusting some volume settings I'm now able to hear the FA, so not really a big deal. Also, I realize from the manual that the ground agent doesn't actually bring you a physical load sheet, but was curious if the load sheet we do have is/could be loaded at random when she brings it. I don't have a problem setting the passenger load myself, but it might be a neat option to have the ground agent randomly set it for you. Thanks again for all the help. I'm having a great time with it!

I have no problem with the mouse wheel in any other programs, it even works fine in the J41, first time I've had an issue. Though after adjusting some volume settings I'm now able to hear the FA, so not really a big deal. Also, I realize from the manual that the ground agent doesn't actually bring you a physical load sheet, but was curious if the load sheet we do have is/could be loaded at random when she brings it. I don't have a problem setting the passenger load myself, but it might be a neat option to have the ground agent randomly set it for you. Thanks again for all the help. I'm having a great time with it!
Hi Ty,I can control 99 percent of the things in the J-41 directly (like the autopilot, overhead, etc), but the Loadsheet is one thing I can't touch.For your mouse wheel... I don't know... if you figure it out let me know.Cheers,

But no, nothing special, and don't use walk and follow. I can get the 0 to change to a 1 and back to 0 but nothing more. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or right for that matter :) But not a big deal. If you have any other suggestions let me know! Thanks again!
I am having this exact same problem, can't get it to go past 1 and even to get it from 0 to 1 I have to roll the wheel for quite a while, once it goes to 1 you can swith back and forth between 0 and 1 no problem but won't go any further.Using Microsoft Optical Mouse 3000 with Windows 7, no special mouse software. Wheel works perfectly on everything else within windows and FSX.Would it be possible to adjust the FA volume using L/R clicks rather than mousewheel?Cheers,Richard.

Hi Richard,That'd be very easy to do... but I'd still like to figure out why your mouse wheel doesn't work properly. The code for it is dead simple; there's not that much that can go wrong.Ever experienced that issue before in other FS addons that use the mouse wheel?

Plus one more Byran,Microsoft standard Mouse.Seems to work ok for everything else but can only get it to scroll to 0 sometimes 1.win7 64 OSThanks for great programme, life not so complicated now :( Trevor

Trevor Golding

I'm wondering if it's more of a display issue (due to screen resolution or something),and it's resulting in the last digit being hidden from view.If you move your mouse wheel the equivalent of 1 click, does it change from 0 to 1?What if you spin your mouse wheel the equivalent of 10 clicks?

I'm wondering if it's more of a display issue (due to screen resolution or something),and it's resulting in the last digit being hidden from view.If you move your mouse wheel the equivalent of 1 click, does it change from 0 to 1?What if you spin your mouse wheel the equivalent of 10 clicks?
Thanks Brian for the reply,When I first start it up and try to update the FA volume from 0 it will not change with a single click, needs a fair spin to get it to 1. Once on 1 you can go back and forth between 1 and 0 with just single clicks but will not go past 1 with single clicks or massive spin.What is the highest it will go, possibly 10, if so could be possible I am sending it to 10 then back between 09 and 10 with single click, but not showing the second digit in the window. So yes could be display problem, will check out the possibility later by counting clicks and checking the actual volume changes.Cheers,Richard.ps Using wide screen 1920x1080 windowed mode with reduced width window. Have not noticed any display problems elsewhere.

Thanks Brian for the reply,When I first start it up and try to update the FA volume from 0 it will not change with a single click, needs a fair spin to get it to 1. Once on 1 you can go back and forth between 1 and 0 with just single clicks but will not go past 1 with single clicks or massive spin.What is the highest it will go, possibly 10, if so could be possible I am sending it to 10 then back between 09 and 10 with single click, but not showing the second digit in the window. So yes could be display problem, will check out the possibility later by counting clicks and checking the actual volume changes.Cheers,Richard.ps Using wide screen 1920x1080 windowed mode with reduced width window. Have not noticed any display problems elsewhere.
Hi Richard,That 1 is probably actually a 10.The test:Set it to 1... if the cabin announcements are very loud, then you'll know it's really 10.

Hi Richard,That 1 is probably actually a 10.The test:Set it to 1... if the cabin announcements are very loud, then you'll know it's really 10.
Yes that must be correct, checked it yesterday, using the mouse wheel does adjust the volume, just doesn't display correctly. Any idea how to fix this, but guess it's not really a biggie.Richard.

Yes that must be correct, checked it yesterday, using the mouse wheel does adjust the volume, just doesn't display correctly. Any idea how to fix this, but guess it's not really a biggie.Richard.
Richard,what's a 'reduced width' window? I suspect that may be the source.