Sign in to follow this  
WGCL

FSX AGS 2010 - AMERICA GIGA SCENERY

For the scenery structure, one has to achieve these subfolders.

AGS 2010------------Park------------------scenery (AGS 2010Parkscenery)------------------texture (AGS 2010Parktexture)

FSX then is able to 'see' your stuff, with the texture folder being optional. But the 'scenery' one is vital.If you can't add a folder in Win7, that's a bug which gets explained and solved with a Bill Womack video here. By the way, great voice to do a video, Bill! Video Tutorial: Adding Scenery to FSX in Windows 7

How can I download this? I´m a bit stuck on this download page.Couldn´t be this done a lot easier as one or multiple zip files in the library?

As said, downloading is a pain. It gets better if you have a 4shared account, otherwise you have to load way smaller parts until reaching those 4+gb. All other work is unzipping and correctly placing the contents. You are right, it would be great to find the scenery in the Avsim library.

Hello friends!The FSX 2010 AGS 2.0 was compressed and split into several files, because of the demands of most users.I prefer 4shared.com to Rapidshare.com, as server.The 4shared.com have more tools for manipulating files.I apologize to all for having to wait a few minutes, between a download and another.This feature imposed by 4shared.com server, it becomes very inconvenient for all users, who opt for the simple download.The map quoted above, was done to facilitate the download of the Mesh category.But it can also be used as a reference in the choice of BGL files, installed in each subfolder.Some people ask me: "Why you've never sold this work"?"The greatest reward that I had with this work, was the recognition and respect I received from all users, which in one way or another, they could also share that my dream, what one day has become a great reality..."Hugs friend,Wellington.

Hi, Wellington. Great that you caught the attention your work received. Thanks for it. smile.pngThe suggestion remains though, the Avsim library would be a nice place for your files I think.

I went to the website and am confused on how to download.Would someone please give istructions using the free download?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

On the website, there's this link. http://fsx-sags-2010.4shared.com/ That's a 4shared folder from the author and that's the place to start. Unfortunately, without a 4shared account, it may take a while as the download may be limited or receives a pause after each package.

Does Avsim charge to put files up? I hate to sound like a lillybag and this is a most generouse offer and I am much gratefull but it looks like it may take all day to download all these files w/o an account. I have a fast connection but man the 20 seconds and the amount of files. Maybe on my next vacation.I sure would like to try this out, any chance on putting it up on Avsim?Thanks for your great work!

Wellington explained to me that the Avsim rules required him to write the readme in English only, but he's included Portuguese too.I don't know how Avsim handles 4gb of data. I'm with you though, it would be a treat for the folks interested to have it on Avsim. I think it would spread much more.

I feel bad for saying this but I might have to pay for a rapid share account. Maybe It should not be said as free because they make it so hard on you to download files. This is getting ridiculous. I have 5 browsers open and the time is now up to 300 seconds and getting worse. I am about to give up. The worst thing about it is after you wait 300 seconds and click the download button half the time it resets the counter for another 300 seconds. If I were you I would pull this off rapidshare and put it on avsim. Two many people will get turned off by this and will not check out your real cool looking freeware. I am very thankful, dont get me wrong but if you want to get exposure drop rapidshare and upload to Avsim.

Marc, fully agreed. I think you should PM Wellington and try to convince him to try again at Avsim.

For the people complaining about the download involved on this free software, you can save some time grabbing the mesh (Terrain) elsewhere. It's been available at different spots for a long time, such as here;http://www.terra-brasilis.org/

527 seconds and counting up. Still another 25 files to go. Time so far 3 hours. Normally I would pay the 6 bucks to someone because I believe everyone should make money but when they trick me and after 500 seconds they reset the timer again at random I just get ######!Anyone know if Vegetation is available elseware? I am timed out now, they booted me. So I spent 3 hours and have an incomplete file. Beyond frustrating.

Ok I am totally confused and have autogen all over my airports now. I am hoping someone smarter than I can help with this because I dont understand the instructions that came with this. This is what I did: I created new folders for all of the authors folders but named them AGS 2010 Exclusion for example, dito for all the others and aranged them in the addon scenery folder inside of FSX like:AGS 2010 TransportAGS2010 HydrographyAGS2010 ParkAGS 2010 Large Metro AreaAGS2010 Metro AreaAGS2010 Small Met AreaAGS2010 VegitationAGS2010 ExclusionAGS2010 BroadcastNote, I do not have Super autogen or terrain. The terrain is because I have fsglobal2010 and do not need it, or maybe I do?. Neither the super autogen, which may be my problem, because the readme for it is totally confusing. It says use super autogen to overwrite everything in the exclusion folder. This makes no sense because these like named files do not exist in this folder. So I tried to read between the lines and think he meant to put them in the exclude folder, this was not the answer so I took them out. In either case I have autogen all over the airports. I thought the autogen would go into its own folder but he gives no priority for it so again I am trying to read between the lines here, what do we do with super autogen?Also the priority in which I added into addon scenery is from top to bottom in the above list as per the authors instructions in each read me file. Each of the above folders has its own Scenery folder in wich I extracted all of the files into from the applicable zip file.The other issue is the AGS2010 Broadcast folder would not add to the library. I know the fsx problem where you have to click in the blank area but nothing happens, it does not add for some reason and it is identical to all the other ones in structure.I am removing this for now untill I find out if I did this correctly, I probably did not.Wellington, help!Thanks

Lets see if we can quick fix this. Would be a shame if not with the download work in mind.

Priority 1 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Transport"Priority 2 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Hydrography"Priority 3 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Park"Priority 4 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Large Metro Area"Priority 5 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Metro Area"Priority 6 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Small Metro Area"Priority 7 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Vegetation"Priority 8 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Terrain"Priority 9 - Area "FSX AGS 2010 Exclusion"

1 is the highest, 9 is the lowest. So 1 is above 9 in your scenery library.I've left the Broadcast out, but the rest is the way to go. You could be right on Terrain. I also have FSGlobal and it didn't hurt though.The structure within each folder should look like this, leading to a scenery and a texture subfolder. Here's an example for Park.

FSX AGS 2010------------Park------------------scenery (AGS 2010Parkscenery)------------------texture (AGS 2010Parktexture)

The texture subfolder may be empty and then doesn't need to be there, but you need a scenery subfolder in every section.The autogen parts go to Exclusiontexture. If you want to have super autogen, copy the Super Autogen files to that place. If you want to have the normal autogen, copy the Autogen_Default to that place. I only have tested the super so far.