Sign in to follow this  
miami747

Level D 767 sound question

I am thinking of getting the Level-D 767 for FSX, my main question is does it use FS9 sounds or does it have its own FSX sounds? Reason I ask is because on my computer all the FS9 sounds used in FSX sound terrible with this added "whosshing thing" I have read a decent amount of other people having this problem but I guess not enough people have the problem to find a fix. So if it has FS9 sound I wont buy the add on. Anyone know? Thanks for the help.

on my computer all the FS9 sounds used in FSX sound terrible with this added "whosshing thing" I have read a decent amount of other people having this problem
Hi,Is your rig over-clocked or running at stock speed? Gerald R.

The LDS 767 has its OWN sound set and does not use FSX sounds. This is true for both FS9 and FSX. The wooshing sound you refer to is the fan on the 767 and that sound level is controlled from the 767 menu.If you want a highly complex airplane, you won't get much better than the LDS 767. I have almost 300 hours flying this bird and love every minute. That not saying its perfect, but excellent. BobDTW

If you are looking into the LDS 76, I would say hold off on that. While I own the plane, and have fond memories of flying it, as things go it doesnt really stand up too well. It has massive problems working in Windows 7, and it doesn't even play well with FSX Acceleration. I remember having nightmares trying to get the ground communications to work without a CTD, and the help forum is far from helpful. They know these issues exist, but insist that they will not fix any of them until after their 757 comes out (which would be when?).You want an advanced aircraft, buy a PMDG, or the Maddog MD80. Far more stable.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

The LDS 767 has its OWN sound set and does not use FSX sounds. This is true for both FS9 and FSX. The wooshing sound you refer to is the fan on the 767 and that sound level is controlled from the 767 menu.If you want a highly complex airplane, you won't get much better than the LDS 767. I have almost 300 hours flying this bird and love every minute. That not saying its perfect, but excellent. BobDTW
I know it has its own sound set. But does it have a new sound set for FSX? I do not have the plane so I dont know what your talking about. I get this whosshing sound in ALL non built for just FSX sounds. So any sound that works in FS9 will give me this whooshing sound. It is a problem that is known in FSX it seems to be in newer faster computers. I dont know how to fix it so right now I only fly planes with sound files just built for FSX.
If you are looking into the LDS 76, I would say hold off on that. While I own the plane, and have fond memories of flying it, as things go it doesnt really stand up too well. It has massive problems working in Windows 7, and it doesn't even play well with FSX Acceleration. I remember having nightmares trying to get the ground communications to work without a CTD, and the help forum is far from helpful. They know these issues exist, but insist that they will not fix any of them until after their 757 comes out (which would be when?).You want an advanced aircraft, buy a PMDG, or the Maddog MD80. Far more stable.
I know the Level-D 767 is a good one but thanks for this info. If it has WIN-7 problems I cant get it since I have WIN-7 64 bit and Accerleration on FSX. I do want a 767/757 type plane though. Hopefully when the PMDG NGX comes out the 739 will help me fill that gap a little.

I appreciate you are having a problem, Scott, but to say that the 767 for FSX does not work well with Windows 7 is incorrect.The Acceleration issues are minor and have workarounds.The Ground Call button issue? Perhaps you couild come to the official forum and go over that with me.The 767 for FSX is an UPGRADE from the FS9 version. It has never been advertised as a new version of the 767 for FSX.The 757 will be built for FSX.You guys are entitled to air your dirty laundry wherever you want, but how about stating the facts?

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

I appreciate you are having a problem, Scott, but to say that the 767 for FSX does not work well with Windows 7 is incorrect.The Acceleration issues are minor and have workarounds.The Ground Call button issue? Perhaps you couild come to the official forum and go over that with me.The 767 for FSX is an UPGRADE from the FS9 version. It has never been advertised as a new version of the 767 for FSX.The 757 will be built for FSX.You guys are entitled to air your dirty laundry wherever you want, but how about stating the facts?
I don't really want to get into a fight over the Level D, as I said I have hundreds of hours flying it and I enjoyed it quite a lot, but that was in Win XP 64. To say Win7 is not quite true, as in Vista and Win7 I have had the VC and Exterior just disappear, the Ground Call button causing a CTD was a problem I brought up in the official forums at least twice, which you did in fact respond to, but never was a solution found. And to call the Accel. issues minor, well that is just a matter of perspective I guess. I can see how you or others could call it that, since it doesnt take much more work to get the FMS reprogrammed, but I see that the engine doesn't start on the first try and it cleaning out my FMS Pref. page not exactly a smoothly operating aircraft. And with all the new tweaks out there that can make FSX run extremly stable in Win7 at very high frame rates, the LDS seems to be the only plane that doesn't play nice with them.With all that being said, if you buy the LDS 76, you will get a plane that has an FMS, that sims most major systems, and package it up with FS2Crew, (which is coming out with a Voice version soon), you will have a lot of fun, but it will not run as smooth as other add on aircraft released the past three years.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Scott,There is a place to post this stuff - the official forum.******* Altuve has posted a HIGHMEMFIX at AVSIM's FSX forum (and the official 767 forum) for Win7 - it's been out for a few months now - have you tried it?

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Scott,The Level D FSX works perfectly in Windows 7 for me, no tweaks required, and has been since day 1.I think the problems must be with your computer because I get none of these issues.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I don't really want to get into a fight over the Level D, as I said I have hundreds of hours flying it and I enjoyed it quite a lot, but that was in Win XP 64. To say Win7 is not quite true, as in Vista and Win7 I have had the VC and Exterior just disappear, the Ground Call button causing a CTD was a problem I brought up in the official forums at least twice, which you did in fact respond to, but never was a solution found. And to call the Accel. issues minor, well that is just a matter of perspective I guess. I can see how you or others could call it that, since it doesnt take much more work to get the FMS reprogrammed, but I see that the engine doesn't start on the first try and it cleaning out my FMS Pref. page not exactly a smoothly operating aircraft. And with all the new tweaks out there that can make FSX run extremly stable in Win7 at very high frame rates, the LDS seems to be the only plane that doesn't play nice with them.With all that being said, if you buy the LDS 76, you will get a plane that has an FMS, that sims most major systems, and package it up with FS2Crew, (which is coming out with a Voice version soon), you will have a lot of fun, but it will not run as smooth as other add on aircraft released the past three years.
I disagree, the Level D 767 (FSX) version works perfectly with either Windows Ultimate 64 Bit (which I have) and Windows 7 64 bit (which I use on someone else's computer). There are a couple of minor issues that Level D has said they will fix after the release of the 757, but the bird is still enjoyable with the little quirks.My suggestion though, if you decide to purchase it, would be to also purchase the TSS 767 (GE/RR/PW) soundsets. Unfortunately the soundset that comes with the bird falls a bit short, but with the addition of the TSS product, talk about as real as it gets.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."