Sign in to follow this  
AA762

First Flight in the new NGX?

First one going to be LHBP-EDDM then return - with B736. This is my favorit "test" route. Takes one and the half hours (including prep. etc.) Later LHBP-EDDF-LHBP, and LHBP-EHAM-LHBP or LHBP-EGLL-LHBP...or a kind. Here are the routes I used to fly:From LHBP:LHBP-EDDM(F320): GILEP UY51 ARSIN UL851 SITNI UL856 MATIG Q113 NAPSALHBP-EGLL(F380): BADOV P41 ABITU UP41 LEMBI UL624 HDO UM748 BOLBO UL896 DLE UL980 RKN UP20 GORLO UL980 LOGANLHBP-EHAM(F380): BADOV UP41 BABUS UL602 SODRO UZ606 LUGAX UZ606 NORKUTo LHBP:EDDM-LHBP(F330): MEBEK Y105 KIRDI UL174 VELOM Q105 FRE Q104 STO UL175 ANEXA EGLL-LHBP(F350): DVR L9 KONAN UL607 AMASI UM149 BOMBI UL984 RASPU UZ660 ROKEM UZ650 BERVA UM748 RUTOLEHAM-LHBP(F350): EDUPO UZ738 MISGO UZ741 GMH UL603 ESATI UL984 RASPU UZ660 ETVIS UZ37 STO UL175 ANEXA...the question is: when? :)rgdszg

Guest tizi

so, there are two variants:the first:From EDJA to LEPAor the second:From EDDM to EDDH, LEPA or so in TUIfly special paintor airberlin

I'll honor the greatest airline ever, Pan Am,and fly JFK-BOS-JFK same as my first online flight on Vatsim some years ago.Then I'll make a Delta flight from where ever I'm situated at the moment in my Delta Virtual flightline.Next I'll do jump the major airports in Norway up and down with Norwegian.I'll also make sure I have the day/weekend off at release! :(

Looking forward to a "get to know it" flight as I am not really a medium sized jet fan, I do really enjoy the heavies!Not wanting to be left behind reading all the great comments that I am sure will be posted I will jump right into the NGX.First flight will be in Westjet livery flying from Boeing Field to Toronto with a fly past over Vancouver.WJA892 FL370 KBFI PAE YVR ADSIX KESTA FINBO KATEN MOT DLH TVC ECK V216 CYYZCan't wait.

\Robert Hamlich/

For me it will be KPHL to KMIA, early morning flight, American Airlines 737-800!

KSAN POGGI2 IPL J18 MOHAK GEELA3 KPHX

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I don't know about the first actual flight, but I do know that the first couple of tanks worth of gas will most likely be burnt up while I'm parked and still studying the manuals.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I don't know about the first actual flight, but I do know that the first couple of tanks worth of gas will most likely be burnt up while I'm parked and still studying the manuals.
Just reading this brought me back to when I first bought the Maddog MD-80. Sat at KPSP for about 40 minutes after getting the engines going looking at things, checking out the FMS, and getting the feel of how she moves while taxiing going up around the airport.. Then I taxi to the runway and planned to do a lot of touch and go's. Only got to do three, because on my fourth loop, I ran out of fuel. Didn't think I would burn up that much gas! NGX, I will not make that mistake again.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

First I'll do loads of touch and goes with the NGX just to get used to the hand flying differences that there might be. As I'm quite used to the first NG, it shouldn't take too long to learn how to operate all the new features.When I'm completely familiar with this new lady, I'll just take her online for some real action happy.gif.

Ya know, come to think of it, I'll probably just fly tons of missed approaches since I'll want to check out the runway outlines in the hud on as many runways as I can :)(See pix in original post).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Well the FSDreamteam DFW is out, so I now must go with the other choice.

First, i'll read the manuals and then port the PDF checklists, abnormal procedures checklists, etc. into my iPad, as well as the charts ill need for the flight! (saves paper! and kind of like having your own EFB)I'll probably do a much shorter version of the 787 first flight route, from PAE to BFI. Taking off from KPAE, and then flying out towards the mountains at about 14000 feet, and then i'll enter a holding pattern, for about 2 hours, to get acquainted with all the systems, ill fly the aircraft manually from take-off, and all the way to the climb, and then once i've entered the holding pattern i'll flying it manually for about 2 circuits to get used to following the FD bars. then ill get started on learning to systems and how they work, climbs, descents, stalls, etc. This location is also good as it will allow me to test the Terrain indications on the VSD, this area of the world is very mountainous. Once i'm satisfied, with management of the aircraft, i'll fly it down the GLASR7 STAR into BFI, full stop landings. then i'll do touch and go's there at various weights. Once that's good, ill bring the weather all the way down to CAT III conditions, and re-fly the GLASR7 star, but this time i'll fly to KSEA, since they have CAT III runways, this is allow me to see how the HUD works, ill watch the plane do it the first time with an autoland, and they do it myself the second time. Then i'll do a few low visibility take-offs. Rejected take-offs, go arounds, go arounds in low visibility conditions, before setting her back down at KBFI.then i'll do KMIA to KMCO and back as many times as it takes under different conditions until i am satisfied with my level of understand on the NGX, or until i am as proficient with it as with the -400X Queen (or even better!).Then ill see where to go from there. happy.gifKristoff Ottar-Spencer

I'll probably be doing some short flight tfor a quick check like EGLL/LFPG, or LFLL/LFPG, something like that :)