Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

EZDOK Camera Addon 1.15.1 beta

@marniftarr: I would suggest following for the cycles:Most users know the hotkeys 'a' and 's' which is the command for "Next category" and "Next view in this category". Right? So why you don't use this for EZdok? Just use the default views as they are (untouched) and let us cycle through them (next category, and next view in category), and treat the EZdok cams "Virtual Cockpit Cameras" (inside plane) "Airplane Cameras" (outside plane) and "World Cameras" each as an own category. So in example:VirtualCockpitCam1 of EZdok is displayed.||I push the hotkey for "next view in this category"||VirtualCockpitCam2 of EZdok is displayed||| push the hotkey for "next view in this category"||VirtualCockpitCam3 of EZdok is displayed||| push the hotkey for "Next category"||Aircraft Cam1 of EZdok is displayed||| push the hotkey for "next view in this category"||Aircraft Cam2 of EZdok is displayed||| push the hotkey for "Next category"||WorldCam1 of EZdok is displayed||| push the hotkey for "next view in this category"||WorldCam2 of EZdok is displayed||| push the hotkey for "Next category"||VirtualCockpit Cam1 of FSX is displayed||| push the hotkey for "next view in this category"||VirtualCockpit Cam2 of FSX is displayed||| push the hotkey for "Next category"||Aircraft Cam1 of FSX is displayed ....... -->--> and so on ... So the categorys would be "EZdok VirtualCockpit", "EZdok Aircraft", "EZdok World Cams", "FSX VirtualCams", "FSX Aircraft Cams", etc....Hope you understand what I mean :) What do you think about that, and what do other EZdok users think? I would really like to have this in the next version as someone told before: it was the BIG THINK i really missed after installed EZdok :(Greetinx,Pegasus.

I have the joystick, so why do I need the numpad keys mapped to their FSX defaults? Answer: I don't. So voila! They are the camera keys when I make new cockpit cameras. I like FSX's flyby and spot/locked spot views plenty, so I only set up cockpit cameras. I admit I was hesitant because it meant changing a basic function that was ingrained in my brain since FS8 but now I don't want to part with it!!

--> and so on ... So the categorys would be "EZdok VirtualCockpit", "EZdok Aircraft", "EZdok World Cams", "FSX VirtualCams", "FSX Aircraft Cams", etc....Hope you understand what I mean :) What do you think about that, and what do other EZdok users think? I would really like to have this in the next version as someone told before: it was the BIG THINK i really missed after installed EZdok====EZCA can not use default "A" "S" keys for cycle mode because:The "camera spot" mode not work when EZCA is active (Up-Down problem). Now when you Press "S" or "A" keys for call default cycles cameras , EZCA will temporary disconnect from simconnect. When we press "A" or "S" keys for switching built in FSX cameras , EZCA will leave simconnect and will give "spot view" to work normally. If you call EZCA camera again , EZCA will connect with simconnect and will continue the operation. Microsoft not fixed simconnect bugs and "spot view" not work correctly from EZCA. The "spot view" work correctly only via FSX. For this reason I am compelled to disconnect EZCA when you want to use Spot view.This difficult procedure is necessary to fix a problem "Spot view". Unfortunately simconnect does not give any information on current FSX camera. Not give numbers ID or camera name - anything!. It is necessary for us to redirect all events of camera switching through EZCA. But you should disable all assignments for "A' 'S' key in FSX control panel.As simconnect does not give the necessary information on the camera, I cannot know where the start and end of a cycle built in in FSX cameras. I can know only quantity of cameras in a cycle. But the start and the end - is not! It does impossible to unite cyclic sorts of the built in system together with EZCA. Unique solution - the separate assignment of cycles for FSX and EZCA on different keys.

Cycling views is of no interest to me, as I define keyboard shortcuts for each camera that I use.

Cycling views is of no interest to me, as I define keyboard shortcuts for each camera that I use.
+1 Bruno

Bruno 

@Marniftarr: I see ... well, I already have deleted 'a' and 's' assignments of FSX as described in the manual. But I thought it's possible, because I have assigned two joystick buttons within EZdok config for the commands "Next Category" and "Next View in this category". However, another solution could be, to have seperates control of FSX cams and EZdok cams as you already mentioned. Or even just give the opportunity to cycle through the EZdok cams like described (next view, next view, next category, etc.) So it affects only the EZdok cams.Thanks in advance for your work.

Cycling views has been on the wishlist of MANY EZCA users: I read requests for that everywhere. So I would indeed add that option: it will make a lot of customers happy and maybe even convince others to get EZCA after all. (In fact, I am a bit surprised that you are asking this, because you should know by now that many people want it and if I remember well this option was already promised too...!)On the other hand: I myself absolutely HATE cycling views. :( It totally spoils the immersion for me. I would ALWAYS prefer the possibility to access views right away: so I personally LOVE what EZCA does for me right now! So if you are going to add the cyling option, make sure you keep the "direct call camera" mode working as it is, because I LOVE it! LOL.gif
DitoI got rid of the unnecessary F key bindings for throttle and flap, ect. Using now F1-Pilot View, F2-GPS, F3-Switches, and so on. Works a treat...

DitoI got rid of the unnecessary F key bindings for throttle and flap, ect. Using now F1-Pilot View, F2-GPS, F3-Switches, and so on. Works a treat...
....and why not using T for Throttle or F for FMC or C for Cockpit (Pilot View) I for Instruments etc..........Just my 2centsBruno

Bruno 

Because for me it is more comfortable to have those buttons in a row than search em across the keyboard :( That F2 means GPS i am able to remember.

I agree, I only ever hae 5-6 views for any aircraft, which I can manage on my HOTAS.That being said, I understand that some people either don't have that many buttons on their stick/throttle or they want access to a lot more views. For these people I can understand the desire for cycling.

I agree, I only ever hae 5-6 views for any aircraft, which I can manage on my HOTAS.That being said, I understand that some people either don't have that many buttons on their stick/throttle or they want access to a lot more views. For these people I can understand the desire for cycling.
In my case, it's more an habit to do things more than the quantity of buttons in my devices! My actual EZCA configuration admit 3 main views (VC, Marshaller and external) plus a Passenger view to kill the rutine. It'd be really usefull to me to have a cycling view. But i understand Marniftar said and it'll be just change habits!!!O/T: I couldn't get a way to place a runway view yet!! If some charitable soul could point me in the right direction, i'll be very grateful!!Saluti,Ignacio :(

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

The new beta isn't loading for me. I'm getting the following error:"Cannot find 'borlndmm.dll', please, reinstall this application"Not sure why this is happening. The previous updates loaded up fine.

Alexander Alonso

The new beta isn't loading for me.   I'm getting the following error:"Cannot find 'borlndmm.dll', please, reinstall this application"Not sure why this is happening.  The previous updates loaded up fine.
Same here.  Beta must be broke but used to work..jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

The new beta isn't loading for me. I'm getting the following error:"Cannot find 'borlndmm.dll', please, reinstall this application"Not sure why this is happening. The previous updates loaded up fine.
Do not uninstall EZCA! You should replace old exe file with new in EZCA main directory ONLY !

Marniftarr:Hello, I am trying the EZDOK Camera, but I have a problem. I like the smoothing of mouse look and moving, but the software smooths everything I do with keyboard. For example F2 and F3 buttons what I use for decreasing and increasing thrust and it takes much longer time. It smoothes the keyboard yoke too - too much time to elevate or bank. Is it possible to turn it off? I have no joystick. :( :( Thank you